I'm fine with losing last 2 for better Draft Pick

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Lunchbox

Starter
Name
LunchBox
Shoulda left this dead horse in the ground.....

Couldn't agree more. Tanking is just another form of cheating...the game, the NFL and it's fans. Not an advocate of cheating in any form in any competitive arena for any reason.

RAGRam

Pro Bowler
2013 a 4-12 record landed Justin Gilbert, a 7-9 record landed Aaron Donald. Damn I wish they'd started losing earlier.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
No. My statement was meant as 'how many of the Rams players care now? Right now in late April 2015 about if they won or lost those last two games?
All of them, I'd hope. How many of them, right now, do you think would trade 5 draft spots this year for two additional wins last year?
Again. All of them, I'd hope. Players have pride in their accomplishments. Not pride in the projected accomplishments of a college player to be named.

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Couldn't agree more. Tanking is just another form of cheating...the game, the NFL and it's fans. Not an advocate of cheating in any form in any competitive arena for any reason.

I challenge any of you to find in any of my past posts, that I said I wanted the Rams to purposely lose those last two games. Go ahead, try and find me ever saying that. What I said was "I wouldn't mind if we lost" because it's going to make us much stronger this year.

Reason #1 - Much better draft pick position.
Reason #2 - Jeff Fisher is really on the hot seat after 6-10 season and will make better decisions.
Reason #3 - Veteran Ram players are more pissed off at 6-10 than 8-8, and their play this year will prove it.

Lunchbox

Starter
Name
LunchBox
I challenge any of you to find in any of my past posts, that I said I wanted the Rams to purposely lose those last two games. Go ahead, try and find me ever saying that. What I said was "I wouldn't mind if we lost" because it's going to make us much stronger this year.

Reason #1 - Much better draft pick position.
Reason #2 - Jeff Fisher is really on the hot seat after 6-10 season and will make better decisions.
Reason #3 - Veteran Ram players are more pissed off at 6-10 than 8-8, and their play this year will prove it.

You are correct. Tanking was actually mentioned by another poster in a response to you.

All in all I would still rather have won the last two games. No issue with finding a silver lining in the dark cloud of those losses, but you'll never hear me say I'm OK with having lost them.

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
I would rather win, the reason for getting the draft picks is so we CAN win. The draft itself is all about putting teams in the position to win, so the draft itself is basically all the answer you need. If you're tanking that means you're not using that draft position to the fullest anyways.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
Those losses at the end of the season took all the enthusiasm out of me for this season. I really thought we had a chance to finish 8-8 and go into the offseason feeling good about things. We were supposed to be that ascending team that no playoff contender wanted to play.

Now all I see is a team that is used to losing, earns high draft picks and continues to lose. Been down that high draft pick road too many times. So far it hasn't done anything for us. Until I actually see them end up with a winning record I'm not buying into any of the offseason hype only to be disappointed when the season comes. Been there done that too many times.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's no problem if we don't agree. We'll both somehow go in living, haha. Let me say this though. When it's time for our #10 pick on Thursday, I want you to see who we get with that pick, and I'll also ask you to imagine (at that time) having to wait 5 more picks to select.
You know this is an incredibly flawed theory right?
The Rams were blown out in the last 2, further exposed weaknesses
Cant just flip those blow out losses to wins.
To have won those last 2 games, theyd have been a better football team then they are.
So, yeah I would prefer to have a better team.
All day, every day.

BriansRams

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
You know this is an incredibly flawed theory right?
All I'm saying is, not from my point of view it isn't flawed. I respect your point of view though.

BriansRams

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
I don't think I could endure this board after a 3 game losing streak.

Yet, you've endured this board after that losing streak. ;) And I'm personally promising all of you that our 3 game losing streak to end last year is going to help us tremendously this year.

BriansRams

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
"When you're picking 10, there's going to be more than one good football player that you're staring at, just that's the nature of picking 10 versus somewhere a little bit later," Snead said. "There's flexibility and you fine tune it and like we said, best player available -- that's probably subjective based on what draftnik you ask and not counting the teams out there. Normally, at 10 there's going to be more than one good football player and I think at that point we'll try to make the best pick that helps this team."

Well everyone, tomorrow is the big day! Go Rams!

jjab360

Legend
No offense, but why do you keep digging this thread back up? I think it's pretty obvious why any fan would be upset with the mindset of being okay with losing, yet that's what you keep hammering us with. Why can't you just let this go?

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
No offense, but why do you keep digging this thread back up? I think it's pretty obvious why any fan would be upset with the mindset of being okay with losing, yet that's what you keep hammering us with. Why can't you just let this go?
Gotta get them ROD dollas son!!! :ROFLMAO:

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
All I'm saying is, not from my point of view it isn't flawed. I respect your point of view though.
Yeah, I don't care to have opinions portayed as flawed (much less incredibly flawed).

Me?

I look at winning like a lot of things... it has to become a habit. The Rams have had a losing habit for far too long.

I'd have rather come into the 2015 season riding a 2 game winning streak and picking 15th, than a 2 game losing streak picking 10th.

It'd give me more optimism (especially since one of those wins would have been against Seattle) that they may be starting the habit of winning.

After an 0-2 end, I'm more concerned they remain in the habit of losing.

I know pre-season games are meaningless but I still like to win them... in the hopes that each win is the start of something bigger...