I'm fine with losing last 2 for better Draft Pick

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
I would have agreed with you OP a few years ago, but watching the Rams teams over the years I now feel as though its more important to carry over winning momentum and a winning mentality from the previous year, than having a higher pick in the draft. Most of the time that first rounder isn't even starting first game. Every year we play the She-Hags in Seattle, and lose...and every year we start the next season off slow before working out that bad feeling/losing mentality crap to end up around 7-9 or thereabouts. We've got a better chance of doing better next year if we win out than if we tank out.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I cannot fathom that it is ever ok to lose at anything. Where does this concept even come from, just not part of my being.

UNBELIEVABLE o_O

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Aw hell no. Next week.......Rams beat Seattle. SF beats AZ.

I drink :cheers:

BriansRams

"Rams next Superbowl is 2023 season." - (Oct 2022)
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Aw hell no. Next week.......Rams beat Seattle. SF beats AZ.

I drink :cheers:
No. Rams beat Seattle, Cardinals beat SF would be better. Would keep the playoffs out of Seattle's home stadium.

BriansRams

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
No. I'm not fine with it. I can barely remember the last time we had a winning season. The last time we had a fucking .500 season, we had Bruce, Holt, Pace, and Jackson. I wanted this game. I wanted us to win this game, and we fucking blew it.

Nobody should ever be fine with losing. I still want to kick Seattle's ass on their own turf. If we have a double-digit loss season, I don't know how I'm going to take it.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Probably would've thought the same way if Spags and Devaney was managing this team but with our FO, we'll be fine regardless of draft position. Winston available at #10? Snead will trade up. No Top 15 talent available on where we're at? Trade down.

I still look to see this team try to win it's last two. It's a stretch but still possible.

If they Draft Winston - wherever they draft; they should all be fired.

BuffaloRam

Pro Bowler
I don't get it. :notsure:
Not my best attempt at putting words together... I was alluding to the fact that a mid 1st round pick would still allow us to pick up a great player. After tonight, 6-10 or 7-9 will mean we pick even earlier.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
I'm tired of playing for draft picks in December...Just seems every time this team takes a step forward it takes two steps back. Time for games to matter in December not where the Rams will end up picking because God knows we've had too many years to watch our hearts die this way!

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
I would trade every draft pick ever for a winning season and a playoff spot. The draft hasn't helped us yet, why would it start now? Yeah I know we have a lot of talent but it hasn't worked to our advantage on the scoreboard. Something needs to change. I'm sick of this.

Boffo97

Still legal in 17 states!
Name
Dave
You "absolutely disagree" that a higher draft pick position is a good thing?
And again, I've made it abundantly clear that I do am not "hoping for tanking." I'm just saying that it doesn't bother me quite as much, because our draft position rises. You'll see. Come April we will have some good ammunition to get our two OL's and a LB that we need. Maybe, just maybe our QB of the future.
I absolutely disagree that losing is a good thing, and having our pick be a few numbers higher doesn't even come close to compensate for it. I'd rather have the win 100 times out of 100.

I see what your basic argument is, I just disagree with it. Win this last game and just use the pick we have wisely... (for example, selling our future to try to get one of the big two QBs, especially Winston = not wise.)

BriansRams

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
I absolutely disagree that losing is a good thing, and having our pick be a few numbers higher doesn't even come close to compensate for it. I'd rather have the win 100 times out of 100.

I see what your basic argument is, I just disagree with it. Win this last game and just use the pick we have wisely... (for example, selling our future to try to get one of the big two QBs, especially Winston = not wise.)

I don't want Winston or Mariota either. I'd go OL heavy and a stud LB if available.

moklerman

Warner-phile
Luckily, it has nothing to do with what any of us want. The Rams can lose these games all on their own. Maybe the last game will be a surprise and the Rams can win on the road in Seattle but it doesn't look good based on how each of them has been playing.

If they do win, it will rekindle some optimism I have for this regime. If they get creamed, yeah, the higher draft pick will be nice but it'll really bring further into question just what kind of job Fisher and Co. are doing.

BriansRams

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
Luckily, it has nothing to do with what any of us want. The Rams can lose these games all on their own. Maybe the last game will be a surprise and the Rams can win on the road in Seattle but it doesn't look good based on how each of them has been playing.

If they do win, it will rekindle some optimism I have for this regime. If they get creamed, yeah, the higher draft pick will be nice but it'll really bring further into question just what kind of job Fisher and Co. are doing.
In full agreement with all of your words above.

Ace right

UDFA
It's not whether we pick 9th or 12th. It is what we do with those picks. I promise you there will be at least a dozen or more future Pro Bowlers in about 6 or 7 years picked later than those 2 spots. The only time the spot bothers anyone is on draftday after that it is a crap shoot anyway. Always play to win the game. Winning is what builds for long term success.

jdhommert

Rookie
It's not whether we pick 9th or 12th. It is what we do with those picks. I promise you there will be at least a dozen or more future Pro Bowlers in about 6 or 7 years picked later than those 2 spots. The only time the spot bothers anyone is on draftday after that it is a crap shoot anyway. Always play to win the game. Winning is what builds for long term success.
of course its about who we draft, but the higher you are the better chances you have of finding success just as a general rule

and the big thing is the closer we are to the top the better chance we have of trading up for a QB/it being realistic/not having to give up the biggest deal ever...but that window might have already passed us by.

We could draft as high as 7th if the 4 teams we are tied with win, and the Bears win as we would actually win the SoS tiebreaker. That combined with maybe Winston falls due to character and more stuff coming out on him in the offseason, but thats all a long shot.....

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
I don't get losing for a better draft pick now. Les Snead is going to get the guy he wants whether he picks 32 or 1. I trust in him to pick the best guy for our team.

BriansRams

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
Name
Brian
I don't get losing for a better draft pick now. Les Snead is going to get the guy he wants whether he picks 32 or 1. I trust in him to pick the best guy for our team.

Admire your optimism but ... no. I think Les Snead would tell you that if given the choice, he'd much rather have pick #1 than pick #32. I'm gonna go out on a limb and say that. I bet there's a guy he wants MORE that would be gone before #32 ... don't you?