I'm Done With PFT

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
It's been a site I've visited many times a day for years because they have constant and easy access to all the latest on the NFL. But I'm getting too old to spend my time being ticked off every time I go on there because of Mike"SocialJusticeWarrior"Florio and his constant jihad to mix politics with sports. Now he has his paid lackeys doing his dirty work for him as well.

About 90% of all the articles I've posted on here come from that site so I will have to look elsewhere. There, I feel better already. :yay:

There are PLENTY of reasons not to like Florio. And having an opinion about something political could be one of the many, many reasons.

I don't read him on his site, and only skim stuff that is posted here that has his name on it because I don't respect him or enjoy his writing.

What did he say that put you over the edge? You're one of the calmest and most rational posters we have in the family.............. you say he has had a constant jihad to mix politics and sports but in what I have skimmed I didn't see any.

Florio and Bernie, IMO are journalistic neighbors anyway.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I don't know what side of the issue Florio is on, and I don't care. I don't take the guy seriously. His "stated" views could agree with mine or they may be the opposite. I don't care. freak Florio. I gave up on him a long, long, long time ago based on his sports reporting crap from the past.

Florio by nature is an attorney. Attorneys are trained to put forth the best argument for the side that writes them a check. Florio's check comes from public controversy.

Can you trust police officers and members of our armed forces? Most of them, yes. Are there bad apples within them? Yes

Can you trust attorneys? Some of them, yes. I've hung out with many that are loyal to the ethics of justice. ... and I am in awe of those men and women.

Play me an anthem that honors attorneys and I'm taking a knee, as there are too many sleeze-ball attorneys in this world.

Florio can go freak himself. He has no sense of true ethics.

Don't hold back. Tell us how you really feel.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Read through the Game Day threads and you will see members complaining about every single play that didn't go the Rams way and every player getting criticized when they screw up

this is why i can't read those threads.

Ants

Starter
I watch PFT on NBCSN on the weekdays when I don't work.
Yes, just recently (in the past 2-3 weeks) I've come to the conclusion that Floria is a tool, and is basically an "upscale" Dan LeBatard.
I'll still watch the show just to keep current on the league (for fantasy football purposes), but I've been changing the channel a lot more during the program.

Name
George
Spend enough time here reading through the threads and you will eventually get the answer you seek for your question.
The first post after my question was the remark I wanted to hear. I wanted honesty. I believe he was.

The charge that ROD does not allow criticism of of players and Rams personnel is ludicrous and comes from the whiners
I don't take hear-say for face value. I am new here. I do not lie.

I was a member of a different Rams board run by X ... or someone with the same moniker. it existed long before 2010. He seemed like a good guy with good intentions. I respect his perception of culture.

Kevin Demoff is a member here, Jack Youngblood, Johnny Hekker ...
Fine people indeed. I loved listening to Demoff telling the story about scouting Cooper Cupp. I have no doubt that there is a thread or three about that story.

I like to watch documentary films about nature. How about you? I love it when the wild Rams lower their horns and charge toward their opponent. I get chills up my spine every time I see that happen. I love the clips about the Screaming Eagle ... makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up, it is so majestic. Indeed, I did drink from that cup.

But the Lion (Stan Kroenke) owns them both. Christopher Walken's speech about the Lion to me is like a bedtime story when I was a little kid. I never get tired of hearing it. Makes me smile every time.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e7Cbzrp6I5I

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
What did he say that put you over the edge? You're one of the calmest and most rational posters we have in the family.............. you say he has had a constant jihad to mix politics and sports but in what I have skimmed I didn't see any.

I came to the conclusion that Florio's only purpose is trolling his own site in order to get more comments and clicks, and that finally overcame my posting his and his lackeys "news" articles here.

It's the same method cable news uses to up their ratings. Get people ticked off and arguing with each other over politics and social issues and they will keep coming back for more.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Live footage of Mike Foolio trying to come up with click bait:

e7283ff1c29e97db9059f821d77f7eb3.gif

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I came to the conclusion that Florio's only purpose is trolling his own site in order to get more comments and clicks, and that finally overcame my posting his and his lackeys "news" articles here.

It's the same method cable news uses to up their ratings. Get people ticked off and arguing with each other over politics and social issues and they will keep coming back for more.

You didn't answer my question

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
You didn't answer my question

That should have been in blue font. There that's better. :sneaky:

It was a cumulative effect that had a final straw(sort of like my ex-wife). I opened up the site yesterday and 3 out of the first 5 articles were on the anthem, the Eagles, and a political figure that will not be named. :mrburns:

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack

I respectfully disagree, Sir.

God Emperor of Dune is the fulfillment of the prophecy except that Muad'dib didn't have the guts to fulfill it and left it to his son, iirc.

Plus, the universe isn't new to the reader anymore and the God-Emperor rules for thousands and thousands of years pretty much crushing all opposition.

I barely remember Chapterhouse: Dune. I dunno why. I'm considering rereading the series (and then trying to read the prequel series co-written by his son, but they weren't nearly as good). But that will have to wait until I finally get off my fat duff and finish the Gunslinger series by Stephen King.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
Thanks for the warning, I was actually planning on stopping at that series at book 3 only because of my recent remorse at taking the Dark Tower series to book 7. I am enjoying Dune Messiah now though.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
I respectfully disagree, Sir.

God Emperor of Dune is the fulfillment of the prophecy except that Muad'dib didn't have the guts to fulfill it and left it to his son, iirc.

Plus, the universe isn't new to the reader anymore and the God-Emperor rules for thousands and thousands of years pretty much crushing all opposition.

I barely remember Chapterhouse: Dune. I dunno why. I'm considering rereading the series (and then trying to read the prequel series co-written by his son, but they weren't nearly as good). But that will have to wait until I finally get off my fat duff and finish the Gunslinger series by Stephen King.
Whoah, I do have to warn, coming from a different direction to consider stopping at Gunslinger. Actually, I really liked the second and third, but the problem is that they really hook you, and like ka, the plot devolves into something so obviously unavoidable to the point that it becomes mind numbingly contrived, making it feel more like a walk through a desert just to see what your prescience told you was already there, which surprisingly to me the first Dune was not :)

Last edited:

nighttrain

Legend
you guys that like Sci Fy, if you haven't already, read some Issac Asimov's foundation and empire
train

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

Asimov has a dense style of writing. It's not an easy read I agree with you, but worth it.

Have you read Philip Jose Farmer? IMO one of the best ever.