I'm asking again.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
The Texans had another #1overall end who was supremely talented but had a second tier motor in Mario Williams who didn't look so good his first year and he didn't even have a position switch that required development in twice as many assignments. They will wisely protect him in specialized packages to maximize Clowney's strengths. Naturally, every highlight play he makes will be hyped by the media so the recognition will come.

Donald will quietly have more impact being surrounded by incredible talent on all sides (unlike the Texans who boast only one premium player on the line, two at LB, and one in the secondary). My belief is that as the season progresses and the defense dominates, Donald's production will become better noticed nationally but not to Clowney's level in spite of Donald's greater impact.
Exactly right, IMO. Every Clowney sack will be played on continuous loop for the entirety of Sportscenter's broadcast.
Whereas if Donald frees up Brockers or Long for a sack, then it likely will never be shown. Such is the nature of the beast.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Exactly right, IMO. Every Clowney sack will be played on continuous loop for the entirety of Sportscenter's broadcast.
Whereas if Donald frees up Brockers or Long for a sack, then it likely will never be shown. Such is the nature of the beast.

And of course, there's no way to easily show how the qb has to hurry his passes because he can't step up into the pocket. Quinn will get all the credit - except with the coaches and the knowledgeable fans.

fearsomefour

Legend
Anyone who saw Faulk at San Diego St knew better than to believe anyone calling him lazy! I NEVER heard any such thing! I'm not saying what Clowney can be, what I know is what I saw...and I saw a player who plays when he wants to.
I remember those reports as well.
Funny for anyone who was in SD at the time. I actually was watching Faulks first college game....7tds? He just dominated without a ton of help either.