I'm asking again.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

OldRock

Rookie
Name
Rocky
My very first post was "Who is more impressive, Donald or Clowney?". So far,I think Donald is leading comfortably. I hope it continues.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Impossible to tell right now. Clowney is going to wreak havoc once he gets going, but then again ... so is Donald.
We'll know by the end of the year.

OldRock

Rookie
Name
Rocky
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Impossible to tell right now. Clowney is going to wreak havoc once he gets going, but then again ... so is Donald.
We'll know by the end of the year.
There's a difference between wisdom and knowledge. X is wise.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Why ask again? I don't know how you can possibly judge this at all before these guys are even sized for their pads. For our sake, I hope it is Donald, but i just don't see how this is even possible to think about.

OldRock

Rookie
Name
Rocky
Why ask again? I don't know how you can possibly judge this at all before these guys are even sized for their pads. For our sake, I hope it is Donald, but i just don't see how this is even possible to think about.
OK, I get it. You've jumped on me before. It's a slow news time. Let's talk about something positive.

SierraRam

Recreational User
If the criteria is:

a. Interviews
b. College Career
c. Healthiest Groin

You gotta go Donald

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
If the criteria is:

a. Interviews
b. College Career
c. Healthiest Groin

You gotta go Donald

"C" is always a good answer in multi-choice.......My only curiosity is, why would Clowney risk playing on a pulled groin, sports hernia for an entire college season?

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
OK, I get it. You've jumped on me before. It's a slow news time. Let's talk about something positive.

I'm not jumping on you at all. Don't take what I said as that at all. I'm simply saying, i think we are premature on finding the answer. I don't know that I have ever quoted or spoke to you on here. Could be wrong. Either way, i apologize if that's how it came off.

paceram

Pro Bowler
My very first post was "Who is more impressive, Donald or Clowney?". So far,I think Donald is leading comfortably. I hope it continues.

I loved the Aaron Donald pick and since he IS a Ram he has to be the choice!

OldRock

Rookie
Name
Rocky
I'm not jumping on you at all. Don't take what I said as that at all. I'm simply saying, i think we are premature on finding the answer. I don't know that I have ever quoted or spoke to you on here. Could be wrong. Either way, i apologize if that's how it came off.
I appreciate it El Juggernauto, we have that straightened out. We're on the same page, we're Rams fans!

RamWoodie

Legend
How are we to even answer this from OTA's??? I will say this...I think Clowney is over-rated and he's going to find out how to play football in the NFL...stand by!

RamsFan14

Starter
Clowney has all the talent in the world, he's pretty much got everything you'd want in a DE. Pairing him up with Watt is going to be nuts! Donald def has the talent too, but there's a reason Clowney went number 1 and Donald didn't. Sorry guys, gotta go Clowney at the moment (he's probably not the best fit for our team, but in terms of talent I think he beats Donald). We'll see what happens on the field, I'm just making my judgement based on what they've done in college.

Akrasian

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Clowney has all the talent in the world, he's pretty much got everything you'd want in a DE. Pairing him up with Watt is going to be nuts! Donald def has the talent too, but there's a reason Clowney went number 1 and Donald didn't. Sorry guys, gotta go Clowney at the moment (he's probably not the best fit for our team, but in terms of talent I think he beats Donald). We'll see what happens on the field, I'm just making my judgement based on what they've done in college.

Clowney is very talented physically. What he has not yet shown is the drive to be the best. He may have that drive, but I'm skeptical. Not just because of his 2013 performance - but things like his bench press reps at the combine - which makes me think he just doesn't go that extra step in training.

He'll look sensational at times I'm sure - I'm just not confident he will be a dominating player, or even a big star. I'm sure he'll have some carefully edited highlight reel plays though.

Seriously - only 21 reps? Either he doesn't have the upper body strength capacity really needed in the NFL to be a defensive star who isn't a DB, or he just didn't train that hard for the combine. Add in that he never seemed to acquire additional pass rushing moves after his great season in 2012, and I'm very skeptical that he has the drive to be a star in the NFL.

At least as a 3-4 outside linebacker some of the strength issues will not be as important - a 4-3 DE needs to have a stronger upper body, so I'm very glad he's not a Ram - at least at what it would have cost the Rams.

RamzFanz

Damnit
How are we to even answer this from OTA's??? I will say this...I think Clowney is over-rated and he's going to find out how to play football in the NFL...stand by!

When Marshal Faulk came into the league he was called lazy. Just sayin'.

RamzFanz

Damnit
As a person who would have drafted Clowney without a second's hesitation, taking Donald at 13 was a STEAL.

I LOVE that the second best defensive lineman (IMHO) was there at 13.