If you are the Jets

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, I get all that, I was just stating the counterpoint, even though it may be pretty weak in this case. Not really sure the Jets can do anything right so its likely he's a bust if they take him and a stallion if they dont. I think he's a bit overrated but the Jets have nothing else to build around

I was just going to say this. We've seen it over and over - drafting a QB when there's nothing around him is almost never a good idea. Look at this year with Burrow - his knee is destroyed and he's been the most sacked in the league - for as amazing as he's looked, another season like this could wreck his career.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Highly drafted into a shit scenario. Fans are lighting him on fire but there will be some GMs who had him in a good spot on their boards who will want him if the Jets dangle him. It will be competitive with a few teams IMO. The talent and board value after such a short period of time will still push his value IMO.

Whereas a guy who came in lower drafted like Minshew, who doesn't possess the same talent Darnold has, will go much lower and affordable. Both teams will draft QBs. It's just that only one of them will be able to recoup more significant draft value IMO and that's the Jets when they move Darnold.

But let's wait and see. Way this shitty fucking year is rolling on by the draft will be here in no time lol.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Take Lawrence. Just the chance that he pans out is worth more than a bunch of picks, unless they've got a Machines up their sleeve.

Consider the Rams trading the Pick for RGIII. If he ended up being what everyone thought he was it would have helped more than those picks that lead to more 7-9 BS. Not all picks pan out but these sure thing QBs do so often enough that they can be a franchise savior. I couldn't pass that up.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
New HC and new QB in 2021 for the Jets.

It’s all set up for that.

They take Lawrence.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Take Lawrence. Just the chance that he pans out is worth more than a bunch of picks, unless they've got a Machines up their sleeve.

Consider the Rams trading the Pick for RGIII. If he ended up being what everyone thought he was it would have helped more than those picks that lead to more 7-9 BS. Not all picks pan out but these sure thing QBs do so often enough that they can be a franchise savior. I couldn't pass that up.

But it was the year we had their number 2 overall pick that we drafted AD. We used our own pick, but our DL was good back then and almost every other part of the team was weak - it we hadn't gotten their first round pick, there's a chance we don't draft AD. We also got TruJo and Brockers from that bounty, who were instrumental (TruJo just one year but still) for McVay. Same for Ogletree I believe.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Would be dumb to pass up on Lawrence. Trade Darnold get what you can for him and start the rebuild over for the 10000 time. And fire Gise, I wouldn't let him within 100 yards of Lawrence

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Are you gonna continue to tank for Trevor or are you tanking for a bounty of picks? Lawrence is so valuable that they could really clean up and help turn that team around more than what a new QB could do. Darnold hasn't had the support to show if he's worth a shit, really.

I think I would trade away to whoever the highest bidder was.

But passing up on Lawrence is the kind of move that gets mf fired if he booms and they bust on the picks in return.
Would you take a bounty of picks for Mahomes? No you wouldn't...

Lawrence has a chance to be in that class ir a notch below. You can't pass on him.

Trade Darnold for an extra pick or two and don't look back.

Billy Baroo

How about a Fresca?
They could take a bounty of picks for Lawrence, could be an option. However if they do go that route, they still need a QB. Darnold is garbage. He surely hasnt been in a great spot, but he isnt accurate, has an elongated release, cant stay healthy and has had happy feet since day 1.
AND he sees ghosts.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Some of this boils down to what is offered. They take Lawrence with nothing to support his development and this is the discussion 3 years from now.

Take the picks and hope that one of the other top QBs this year is available in the top 10.

My GM hat says get the picks, this team devoid of talent. I’d go the Dallas route and work both sides of the line. An average QB is better standing upright than an above average laying on the turf each play IMO.

The Jets have a lot of picks coming from Seattle and other moves. Plus they have salary cap space.

Having a great pair of shiny shoes is great, people will eventually look up and see the rest of your outfit is garbage. Pass on the shiny QB and build your team.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Highly drafted into a shit scenario. Fans are lighting him on fire but there will be some GMs who had him in a good spot on their boards who will want him if the Jets dangle him. It will be competitive with a few teams IMO. The talent and board value after such a short period of time will still push his value IMO.

Whereas a guy who came in lower drafted like Minshew, who doesn't possess the same talent Darnold has, will go much lower and affordable. Both teams will draft QBs. It's just that only one of them will be able to recoup more significant draft value IMO and that's the Jets when they move Darnold.
I dont think Minishew gets traded, makes no sense for them to do so. Although if they did, I'd say he has higher value than Darnold. GM is the perfect bridge QB, he's cheap, signed for 2 years and has shown he can be effective if his name is called. He's worth more to Jax than a 5th round pick, so if a team wants him, they'll have to pay for it. Darnold on the other hand? He'll be on the last year of his rookie deal, has been pretty awful and the teams that seem best fit are either in his division (The Pats) or conference (Colts). Never say never but....

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Honestly if I were Lawrence I think I'd tell the Jets I wouldn't sign with them. Pull an Elway and all that. Because fuck playing for that dumpster fire of a fucking organization.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Honestly if I were Lawrence I think I'd tell the Jets I wouldn't sign with them. Pull an Elway and all that. Because fuck playing for that dumpster fire of a fucking organization.

Nope it's New York and Lawrence will not only be the toast of the town, but IMO, it will force the Jets to hire the proper individuals to get them back on top. I look for the Jets to hire a College Head Coach and it might be Lawrence's current Head Coach at Clemson in William Christopher "Dabo" Swinney...My short list for the next Head Coach of the New York Jets.

1. Lincoln Riley....If he's going to the NFL the Sooner Head Master should team with Trevor Lawrence to ensure the "Life of Riley."
  2. Matt Campbell...He'll be on everybody's short list both college & pro and would inject energy into this downtrodden franchise.
  3. Joe Brady...The Jets were very close in hiring Matt Rhule in 2018, here they take a wrong in make it right.
  4. Dabo Swinney....Could be teamed with Lawrence for a long period of time.
  5. Arthur Smith...If the Jets don't dip into the college ranks, methinks Smith will be on their lsit.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You're not the toast of the town in NY when you're burnt and broken. Darnold was a good prospect IMO, what they've done to him is a fucking travesty. If I'm Lawrence I would definitely need something along the lines of what you allude to, Den, to not hold out on them. Fuck that org. They're shitters and I'm not sure even a good coach hire can unfuck the org stupidity.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, I get all that, I was just stating the counterpoint, even though it may be pretty weak in this case. Not really sure the Jets can do anything right so its likely he's a bust if they take him and a stallion if they dont. I think he's a bit overrated but the Jets have nothing else to build around
Yeah if we've seen anything from Sam bradford, great prospects can't save the worst sinking ships.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
You're not the toast of the town in NY when you're burnt and broken. Darnold was a good prospect IMO, what they've done to him is a fucking travesty. If I'm Lawrence I would definitely need something along the lines of what you allude to, Den, to not hold out on them. Fuck that org. They're shitters and I'm not sure even a good coach hire can unfuck the org stupidity.

Good Points & I don't disagree, but if they lose out on Trevor Lawrence because of ineptitude their loyal fan base will finally quit on them. Nope, big splashes in New York starting with Lawrence and that's why I expect a collegiate coach to pair with him.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma

They just need to put me at GM and give me all the power. Then they'll be respectable again. :p

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah if we've seen anything from Sam bradford, great prospects can't save the worst sinking ships.
I dont think the Jets scenario is as bad as Darnold makes it look. They do need a legit HC, lord knows if that idiot management team can pick one. But with the Giants terrible also, its a great spot to be in. I agree with @den-the-coach that Lawrence would be the toast of NYC. They have a decent WR crew, a second 1st round pick and a monster of an OLT. Like we saw with the Rams, the right guy could flip the switch and make it happen.
Of course we've also seen from Rams of yesteryear, the wrong guy could aspire for merely 7-9 bullcrap

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I dont think the Jets scenario is as bad as Darnold makes it look. They do need a legit HC, lord knows if that idiot management team can pick one. But with the Giants terrible also, its a great spot to be in. I agree with @den-the-coach that Lawrence would be the toast of NYC. They have a decent WR crew, a second 1st round pick and a monster of an OLT. Like we saw with the Rams, the right guy could flip the switch and make it happen.
Of course we've also seen from Rams of yesteryear, the wrong guy could aspire for merely 7-9 bullcrap
I know just the guy...he’s likely FISH “ER’ ING these days