If you are the Jets

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mister Sin

Your friendly neighborhood fat guy!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Are you gonna continue to tank for Trevor or are you tanking for a bounty of picks? Lawrence is so valuable that they could really clean up and help turn that team around more than what a new QB could do. Darnold hasn't had the support to show if he's worth a shit, really.

I think I would trade away to whoever the highest bidder was.

But passing up on Lawrence is the kind of move that gets mf fired if he booms and they bust on the picks in return.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They could take a bounty of picks for Lawrence, could be an option. However if they do go that route, they still need a QB. Darnold is garbage. He surely hasnt been in a great spot, but he isnt accurate, has an elongated release, cant stay healthy and has had happy feet since day 1.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Andrew Luck rule: if someone is willing to give you a bounty for a qb prospect, you should probably take him yourself.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
but he isnt accurate, has an elongated release,
That's what she said.
200.webp

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Andrew Luck rule: if someone is willing to give you a bounty for a qb prospect, you should probably take him yourself.
Possibly, or is he playing in such a talent laden team that you wonder if he's really all that?

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I take Lawrence. You either have a QB or you don't.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Possibly, or is he playing in such a talent laden team that you wonder if he's really all that?
Maybe. But that's usually the argument against all qb prospects. From what I've read, Lawrence is seen as the cleanest prospect in a long long time.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Maybe. But that's usually the argument against all qb prospects. From what I've read, Lawrence is seen as the cleanest prospect in a long long time.
Yeah, I get all that, I was just stating the counterpoint, even though it may be pretty weak in this case. Not really sure the Jets can do anything right so its likely he's a bust if they take him and a stallion if they dont. I think he's a bit overrated but the Jets have nothing else to build around

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
trade Darnold
I wonder what Darnold's value would be at this point? Miami traded a 2nd rounder for Josh Rosen, but he still had 3 years left on his rookie deal, plenty of time to evaluate that 5th year option. With Darnold, declining the 5th year option is a certainty so I'm not sure what value can be given to a borderline bust on a 1 year deal. a 5th rounder? 6th?

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah, I get all that, I was just stating the counterpoint, even though it may be pretty weak in this case. Not really sure the Jets can do anything right so its likely he's a bust if they take him and a stallion if they dont. I think he's a bit overrated but the Jets have nothing else to build around

I dont know about overrated. Ive watched a ton of his games. I've never seen a qb on the ncaa level do what he does. The combo of arm talent and athleticism and size is damn near unheard of. 6'6" can throw the ball a mile and out runs most linebackers. He seems so smart. Now, I dont know his system and how much that helps. But I do know having Etienne(spelling) helps a fuck ton. He probably won't be drafted anywhere that he has a back that talented to bail him out.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I dont know about overrated. Ive watched a ton of his games. I've never seen a qb on the ncaa level do what he does. The combo of arm talent and athleticism and size is damn near unheard of. 6'6" can throw the ball a mile and out runs most linebackers. He seems so smart. Now, I dont know his system and how much that helps. But I do know having Etienne(spelling) helps a fuck ton. He probably won't be drafted anywhere that he has a back that talented to bail him out.
I understand my opinion of him isnt a popular one. I think he gets away with a lot by having the WR crew he has. He dominated an Alabama team as a freshman but was pretty terrible in the LSU game last year. The man child freshman who came in for him during his covid pause put up similar if not better numbers. Could just be that they are getting the best QB's to play for them

TXRams86

The Infamous
Do any of us actually believe that the Jets are going to let Gase and their current GM make this decision? Fuck no, they're blowing it up after they've secured the first pick of the draft and they're going to bring in a new HC and GM. Let them make the best decision for the team going forward with the blessing of the owner.

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
I understand my opinion of him isnt a popular one. I think he gets away with a lot by having the WR crew he has. He dominated an Alabama team as a freshman but was pretty terrible in the LSU game last year. The man child freshman who came in for him during his covid pause put up similar if not better numbers. Could just be that they are getting the best QB's to play for them

Unpopular or not, ur entitled to it.

That big ass hawaiian fella is impressive with his build. Reminds me of Culpepper. He made stupid freshman errors. But he will be good im betting.

Mister Sin

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Do any of us actually believe that the Jets are going to let Gase and their current GM make this decision? Fuck no, they're blowing it up after they've secured the first pick of the draft and they're going to bring in a new HC and GM. Let them make the best decision for the team going forward with the blessing of the owner.

Oh, Gase and Co are gone six minutes after week 17. Hopefully a guy like Bieniemy gets a shot. But I think they may have issues getting a coach wanting to go there. They will have to fight Houston and most likely Jacksonville...and a couple more for top talent. And probably get their GM first.

Giles

Pro Bowler
Name
Giles
If I'm the jets I tank for trevor. If I'm trevor I stay another year hoping the jets are not picking #1.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I'd take Lawrence, but I'd also try to get a coach who knows WTF he's doing. Gase may have been a decent OC, but man is he ever a lousy HC.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

I think he's a better prospect than Luck, personally.