If we keep Wade, we should overhaul the defensive staff

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
The Broncos are firing Joseph partially because they have underachieved on defense. It's a big risk to take. I'd be more inclined to trust Woods than Joseph.
Wow, really? Okay I like Joseph and think he’ll be a sought after DC, but if you want someone more proven then maybe Bowles, but we’ll see how it plays out

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Wow, really? Okay I like Joseph and think he’ll be a sought after DC, but if you want someone more proven then maybe Bowles, but we’ll see how it plays out

Bowles, Rivera, or Richard would be my top choices if we look to replace Wade after the season. If not, I'd be happy to have Joseph coach here. I just wouldn't want him as the DC in waiting.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Bowles, Rivera, or Richard would be my top choices if we look to replace Wade after the season. If not, I'd be happy to have Joseph coach here. I just wouldn't want him as the DC in waiting.

Bowles would be a great get, just not sure he would except a role as "Senior Defensive Assistant." But you never know, Rivera, might get a gig quickly or he'll sit out a year and recharge and come back next season as a Head Coach....Kris Richard is under contract and I believe will be in Head Coaching conversations, I could see him being the next Head Coach of Tampa Bay Buccaneers as they go under the radar.

Again I focus on Vance Joseph because of the relationship he has with Wade and the fact you like Herring and Woods.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Looks like Wilkes and Joseph both will be fired, if he does retire those are two very good replacements.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
If Wade retires, my choice would be Richard. He transformed that Cowboys defense into arguably the most fearsome defense, second only to the Bears.

dang

Legend
You can’t blame piss poor tackling or blown coverage on coach Wade I suppose you could blame his inability to assemble a decent LB Corp especially since that was a cornerstone of his best past defenses.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
You can’t blame tick poor tackling or blown coverage on coach Wade I suppose you could blame his inability to assemble a decent LB Corp especially since that was a cornerstone of his best past defenses.

Those things are definitely on our defensive staff.

TexasRam

Legend
If Wade retires, my choice would be Richard. He transformed that Cowboys defense into arguably the most fearsome defense, second only to the Bears.

I don't see Jerry letting Richard Go. Jerry probably has a lucrative deal ready for Richard and about to let Marinelli walk off into the sunset.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I don't see Jerry letting Richard Go. Jerry probably has a lucrative deal ready for Richard and about to let Marinelli walk off into the sunset.

Shit, then we should hire Marinelli. That guy is both a brilliant and underrated DC.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
This would be a loss for the staff, Pleasant an excellent coach IMHO and I was hoping he would be an internal hire to replace Wade. Good move by Taylor if this comes to fruition although there is a gamble being a first time Head Coach and hiring a first time DC.
btw den, We in Kansas are sending a Winter storm your way!. We had thunder sleet last night...Get the ice chipper ready...

CVita

UDFA
Name
Chris
Wade's biggest issue here, has been trying to run a 3-4 when he inherited a very capable set of 4-3 defensive players. I wonder how Greg Williams D has been doing in Cleveland? I bet its better than ours, with less talent.
Exactly what Rex Ryan did in Buffalo.

badnews

Use Your Illusion
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Good move by Taylor if this comes to fruition although there is a gamble being a first time Head Coach and hiring a first time DC.

In McVays last press conference he mentioned that he told Taylor to "stay away from my coaches!".
If he did and Taylor offered Pleasant the DC position anyways, it really puts McVay in a terrible spot.
Was that a dick move?

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
btw den, We in Kansas are sending a Winter storm your way!. We had thunder sleet last night...Get the ice chipper ready...
maxresdefault.jpg

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
In McVays last press conference he mentioned that he told Taylor to "stay away from my coaches!".
If he did and Taylor offered Pleasant the DC position anyways, it really puts McVay in a terrible spot.
Was that a dick move?

IDK, it would be a major opportunity for Pleasant and would be a minority hire for the NFL in a coordinator role, so that's a plus as well. I feel like McVay might have warned him about more than one and maybe Pleasant is going to be Taylor's one.

FWIW, the Bengals offered Dom Capers the job and he turned it down and Jack Del Rio felt him and Taylor were not a good fit, so they might be getting anxious in Cincinnati.

SteezyEndo

The Immaculate Exception
Going to be interesting to see these teams who have personnel previously under McVay perform... Why are people so eager to leave though? McDaniels has been given oppurtunities but he doesn’t seem to want to detach from Belichick...

Liberator

Pro Bowler
Going to be interesting to see these teams who have personnel previously under McVay perform... Why are people so eager to leave though? McDaniels has been given oppurtunities but he doesn’t seem to want to detach from Belichick...

McDaniels did leave before and he failed pretty spectacularly. I think McDaniels is waiting on Bill to retire and take over.