If the Lou Wants to Keep this Team...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

PhxRam

Nice, Phx! I didn't know you were a Laker fan.

That was before my time but I have seen it and i agree, nothing like losing to a buzzer shot. Matter a fact I remember hearing my Dad and his buddys talk about that shot back in the day lol.

Life long Lakers, Rams, Dodgers fan.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
Off topic to the thread, but more importantly, are you going to do a "synopsis" of tonight's game? I know there isn't much to take, but just to see if the game aligned w/ things you saw in camp.

I will probably do a basic report, from some of the things that i noticed. I also taped the game, so I will watch it tomorrow, and then add my thoughts.

But my initial thoughts are that MOST of the guys were pretty much what I have seen at camp. I thought Cody Davis had some issues. But from what I saw, he had two missed tackles, the bad one being on the TD run by Ingram. He also whiffed on a play earlier in that drive. But he also had his share of open field tackles.

Roberson has one decent read when he came up hard to make a "tackle" for loss on the toss. But that was more a case of what I have seen from him. He made what amounted to an arm tackle and was fortunate to get the guy down.

Anyway, those are just a couple initial observations. I will have more after watching the broadcast in the morning.

PhxRam

I will probably do a basic report, from some of the things that i noticed. I also taped the game, so I will watch it tomorrow, and then add my thoughts.

But my initial thoughts are that MOST of the guys were pretty much what I have seen at camp. I thought Cody Davis had some issues. But from what I saw, he had two missed tackles, the bad one being on the TD run by Ingram. He also whiffed on a play earlier in that drive. But he also had his share of open field tackles.

Roberson has one decent read when he came up hard to make a "tackle" for loss on the toss. But that was more a case of what I have seen from him. He made what amounted to an arm tackle and was fortunate to get the guy down.

Anyway, those are just a couple initial observations. I will have more after watching the broadcast in the morning.

pleased?.. y or n

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Someone give this guy a penis for his avi.

bml.gif

Seconded.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
of course,, overall it was a typical Game One of the preseason. I thought Gilbert made a lot of really nice reads, only to have his throws sail on him. But he got the ball to the right guys. A. Davis restored my faith that he can actually play the game. Not that it will save him.

I also saw exactly what I expected to see from the depth guys on the Offensive Line. Not much! Other than Bond. I really liked what EJ Gaines did tonight. And Aaron Donald is as good as advertised.

fearsomefour

Legend
You're missing the point here. The tickets have been sold. But many just don't go to preseason games.

I have had season tickets for 16 years. And went to the game by myself tonight. Cuz no one in the family cares about the preseason.
When I had season tickets in LA you HAD to buy the preseason games. Don't know of its still that way. So, paid for the tickets and rarely went.

fearsomefour

Legend
of course,, overall it was a typical Game One of the preseason. I thought Gilbert made a lot of really nice reads, only to have his throws sail on him. But he got the ball to the right guys. A. Davis restored my faith that he can actually play the game. Not that it will save him.

I also saw exactly what I expected to see from the depth guys on the Offensive Line. Not much! Other than Bond. I really liked what EJ Gaines did tonight. And Aaron Donald is as good as advertised.
I thought Rhaney had some good moments. Turned an sealed guys a couple of times in the run game.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
When I had season tickets in LA you HAD to buy the preseason games. Don't know of its still that way. So, paid for the tickets and rarely went.

It's like that for every sport, you have to buy the games and frankly most people don't go. I've never been a season ticket holder but I've known several people that are in CLE and STL and they don't go to some/any pre season games.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Billionaires don't get in Club NFL expecting their assets to bleed money- they expect the value of the team to appreciate. ROI, dude. Stan has been a good owner financially. He's hired good people, spent to the cap and the team is on the rise. If the STL doesn't show up on game day, Stan will have the leverage to move.

This makes perfect sense through YOUR lens.

Stan is insanely wealthy. The Rams are a spec of dust on his list of assets. He's not going to watch them die on the vine, but I have a hard time believing a home-town man, worth billions, in his late 60's, is going to chase a few extra bucks to move this team, when he has bigger fish to fry.

If St Louis totally drops the ball, maybe. But this situation is hardly near that point.

FRO

Legend
I think the biggest problem in St. Louis, is that the fans don't show up in time for kickoff. It was like an empty stadium when the game got underway.

Maybe they need to tell them that the game starts an hour earlier or something, seriously.
With only two gates and terrible traffic, it can be hard to get in there on time. I've been late before and I thought I left with ample time.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
This makes perfect sense through YOUR lens.

Stan is insanely wealthy. The Rams are a spec of dust on his list of assets. He's not going to watch them die on the vine, but I have a hard time believing a home-town man, worth billions, in his late 60's, is going to chase a few extra bucks to move this team, when he has bigger fish to fry.

If St Louis totally drops the ball, maybe. But this situation is hardly near that point.

Actually things are playing out exactly as he wants. There is no way the city is going to pony up for the upgrades to the dome so the Rams are going to be out of the lease which will allow him to build his own venue. In fact I wouldn't be shocked if the city and county don't care because the Rams wipe out a lot of premium days from the dome calendar. It's a win-win possibly. At least a win for SK because he'll be getting his own place.

Pre season attendance..........I'd bet big coin he doesn't even know/ask/care about it.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
With only two gates and terrible traffic, it can be hard to get in there on time. I've been late before and I thought I left with ample time.

Two gates? Not sure about that. It pretty much depends on what time you arrive, because this issue is the tailgaters and those hanging out across the street at Baer Park, don't even start to head inside until close to kick off. The way the entrances are set up, everyone has to ride the escalators up to even get to the concourses. And you have hundreds of fans lined up for TWO escalators.

I have never had an issue, because I always try to get to my seat at least 40 minutes prior to kickoff, but many don't. Hence the logjam.

And yes, you are REQUIRED to purchase the preseason game as part of your season tickets. That's league wide.

VARam

They better start showing up. 20k- and that's my liberal estimate...ain't gonna cut it.

I have no dog in this fight, as I live in the BA. But man, even for a pre-season game, that was pathetic.

Silent Sam is watching. And taking copious notes.
Here's a thought. Have a f'n winning season for a change and then they'll show up. Missouri isn't called the show me state for nothing. The Rams have done less of that and more jawing for a decade.

VARam

Billionaires don't get in Club NFL expecting their assets to bleed money- they expect the value of the team to appreciate. ROI, dude. Stan has been a good owner financially. He's hired good people, spent to the cap and the team is on the rise.
and yet they still haven't posted a winning record in a generation. Talk is cheap.