If the Eagles can win it... SO CAN THE RAMS!!!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

gogoat1

Pro Bowler
Name
Troy
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Look, if TJ had not gotten that bull sh!t PI call the Rams win that game. Simple as that.
AND the Eagles do not get Wentz hurt for the year. He was hurt right after the PI call down on the goal line.
Say what you will, that game should have been won by the Rams.
Its the Rams that will make the big jump next year. I would take our young coach over any other one in the NFL right now, that includes Belicheat. We have the better coach. Not going to say Philly got lucky, well I am. Those 2 TDs easily could have been taken back. Some will say they should have. Their coach took plenty of chances, and it worked.
I think was dumb on the plays before Foles TD catch. Should have never gotten that far. They played around with cute passes on first and goal and it did not work. Should have run the big mouth puncher 3 times and got the TD.
Got lucky with a trick play.
Between the Eagles and Rams, Rams have the best offensive AND defensive top player, better coach and I will take Goff over Wentz most days of the week. Wentz has something to be sure, hard to bring down. But those QBs do not last long, get hurt. Goff is far more accurate than Wentz and has a stronger arm.
Proven, higher MPH than the big red head and the longest pass in the air throughout the NFL this year was thrown by Jarred Goff.

SoCalRam78

Pro Bowler
Name
SoCalRam78
Rams will win a Super Bowl in the next 2-3 years

Mark my words

As you all ass hurt cry babies pointing to a regular season game can shove it. Doug Pederson was 7-9 last year with a rookie QB, and they won the SB this year with a backup. The Eagles flipped a massive portion of their roster this year.

McVay shedding the shit bag Fisher's trash roster and now can implement his own offense and Wade Phillips his own defense in year 2. Let them have a chance to get players they actually want.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
I know what I saw. Eagles came out to LA and pushed the Rams around on their own field. They are not ready to run with the big boys.

Wow, hard to imagine a Rams fan saw it that way. Rams overcame a 14 point deficit to take the lead against the best team in the NFL— without their #1 receiver.

Eagles game easily could have been won by the Rams, just one play here or there could have changed the outcome. To me, Eagles game proved that the 2017 Rams could beat anybody.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Love me some McVay, but Dougie fresh deserves every bit as much credit for the coaching job he did this year.... Maybe more. Bring on the 2018 seasons!

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Absolutely Wentz is a superior talent good for Foles, he proved in the right system, he's a very good Quarterback, but Wentz is on another level IMHO.

I don't know..It seems both you and jrry are undercutting what happened last night, and without Nick Foles, it doesn't happen.
Especially jrry, because he is a talent purist. He looked at Jared Goff and saw a future Super Bowl champion. He never said (I don't think) the same about Carson Wentz, but he seems to feel the same about him. Both have the talent when coupled with the surrounding cast to conceivably do it (in theory).

Foles just did it for real against Tom Brady on the biggest stage. Unlike Trent Dilfer, Foles won the Super Bowl MVP in this win, and you guys are discounting that.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Foles just did it for real against Tom Brady on the biggest stage. Unlike Trent Dilfer, Foles won the Super Bowl MVP in this win, and you guys are discounting that.

Not discounting that, just communicating the obvious, that Carson Wentz is special and I believe they win with Wentz too..I'm happy for Foles, especially having to endure what he did with the Rams, but Tim Smith was a Super Bowl MVP too, it happens, however, IMHO, Wentz will be the Eagles QB for many years to come and hopefully, lose to Jared Goff every time they face each other in post season.

I think you might be discounting the work of Doug Pederson.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Not discounting that, just communicating the obvious, that Carson Wentz is special and I believe they win with Wentz too..I'm happy for Foles, especially having to endure what he did with the Rams, but Tim Smith was a Super Bowl MVP too, it happens, however, IMHO, Wentz will be the Eagles QB for many years to come and hopefully, lose to Jared Goff every time they face each other in post season.

Carson Wentz may never be the same after his injury. Someone posted a story about the knee injury being much more serious than previously thought, so the Iggles better be careful how they handle this. When I think of Eli Manning during the regular season, I have never been that impressed with him...but the dude has won two Super Bowls.

Sometimes talent isn't enough...
btw, Timmy Smith was a RB, which is a less complicated position than a QB, Nick Foles played big in a much more complicated position..

Montanaramfan

Rookie
Next year will be fun. There are some great coaches out there, McVay, Pederson, Zimmer, Marrone, Payton, with good teams. I think all did a great job this year and the COY could have gone to any one of them. I'm glad Sean got it because he took a team that was totally floundering to one with hope.

This year's Rams were learning to win. The Eagles, Vikings, and Saints had all toyed with being decent teams in the past few years and the Eagles and Vikings took that to the next level. The Rams can do that next year. If we can keep McVay and Goff and crew together for 5-10 years we can make a serious run at turning into something special. I'm seriously jacked that we have McVay on our side. How many other fans can say that about their coaches? He made a few missteps this year but he'll learn from his mistakes.

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Eagles outgained us 455-307 in that game and had the ball almost 40 minutes.
Rams featured an inefficient passing game and an inability to commit to the run.

They have a long way to go.

Not having Woods really hurt on thst game... and it did show they lacked depth at CB after losing Webster and then TruJo in the 4th.

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
btw, Timmy Smith was a RB, which is a less complicated position than a QB, Nick Foles played big in a much more complicated position..

Okay the following QB's have been MVP's.

1. Doug Williams
  2. Mark Rypien
And the Redskins moved on, it happens.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Okay the following QB's have been MVP's.

1. Doug Williams
  2. Mark Rypien
And the Redskins moved on, it happens.

apples to oranges comparison:
*both Williams and Rypien played in a different era. Defenses in that era did not evolve to defend a hot passing game like today.
*Nick Foles was thrown into a game vs a play off team (the Rams), and did not fold as we all mocked the Rams for not "beating Nick Foles."
* He did not fold in his back-up-to starter role, as the pressure increased. He beat the Vikings and the Patriots, which impresses the heck out of me.
*Both guys started the year after their Super Bowl MVP worthy performance/win for two seasons, with Rypien replacing Williams after he retired.
*So if you think it's a direct comparison, does this mean Foles starts next year like both Williams and Rypien did for the same team?

Last edited:

den-the-coach

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
*So if you think it's a direct comparison, does this mean Foles starts next year like both Williams and Rypien did for the same team?

If Wentz is not 100% they could keep Foles, but the Eagles are very proactive under Howie Roseman and I would be shocked if Foles is not dealt before the draft, but if he wants to stay, they might keep him...We shall see, but Wentz is the Eagles Quarterback, you know it, I know it and the American People know it.;)

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...en-as-favorites-to-win-next-years-super-bowl/

Patriots open as favorites to win next year’s Super Bowl
Posted by Michael David Smith on February 5, 2018

The New England Patriots fell short in Super Bowl LII, but they head into the offseason as favorites to win Super Bowl LIII.

According to the odds offered by Bovada, the Patriots enter 2018 as 5/1 favorites to win next year’s Super Bowl. The champion Eagles are at 9/1, tied for the second-best odds with the Packers.

In the next group are the Vikings and Steelers at 12/1, followed by the Falcons, Cowboys, Rams and Saints at 18/1. The Panthers and Texans are each at 25/1, while the Jaguars, Chiefs and Seahawks are all 28/1.

The two teams with the longest odds are the Bears and Browns, who head into the offseason with 100/1 odds of winning next year’s Super Bowl.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Rams will win The Super Bowls for the next 2-3 years

Mark my words

As you all ass hurt cry babies pointing to a regular season game can shove it. Doug Pederson was 7-9 last year with a rookie QB, and they won the SB this year with a backup. The Eagles flipped a massive portion of their roster this year.

McVay shedding the crap bag Fisher's trash roster and now can implement his own offense and Wade Phillips his own defense in year 2. Let them have a chance to get players they actually want.
Fixed it for you Bro!!!^^^^(y);):D:yess:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Love me some McVay, but Dougie fresh deserves every bit as much credit for the coaching job he did this year.... Maybe more. Bring on the 2018 seasons!
Disagree, McVay had a lot more to Fix starting with the 2016 Rams Team than Peterson had to Fix starting with the 2016 Eagles Team!

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Amazing the Packers are such high odds. They’re in a battle for that division and they shouldn’t be the favorites for it.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Disagree, McVay had a lot more to Fix starting with the 2016 Rams Team than Peterson had to Fix starting with the 2016 Eagles Team!
I am not discounting anything McVay did for this franchise, but Pedersen just won the Superbowl with Nick fucking Foles. His play calling was absolutely brilliant this season, and especially in the playoffs. I give him and that team a TON of credit...and I hate me some iggles....

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...en-as-favorites-to-win-next-years-super-bowl/

Patriots open as favorites to win next year’s Super Bowl
Posted by Michael David Smith on February 5, 2018

The New England Patriots fell short in Super Bowl LII, but they head into the offseason as favorites to win Super Bowl LIII.

According to the odds offered by Bovada, the Patriots enter 2018 as 5/1 favorites to win next year’s Super Bowl. The champion Eagles are at 9/1, tied for the second-best odds with the Packers.

In the next group are the Vikings and Steelers at 12/1, followed by the Falcons, Cowboys, Rams and Saints at 18/1. The Panthers and Texans are each at 25/1, while the Jaguars, Chiefs and Seahawks are all 28/1.

The two teams with the longest odds are the Bears and Browns, who head into the offseason with 100/1 odds of winning next year’s Super Bowl.
Based on what? They barely beat JAX and lost to PHI but they're the favorites?

Probably silly to pay any attention to these things on the Monday after the Super Bowl.

If those odds stay, I'd like me some action on the Rams.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I do not like losing Olson... and, to a lesser extent, LaFleur.

And I'm not sure how their replacements will perform.

But... I did not see 2017 coming like it did... so, I still feel a hell of a lot better than I did before McVay showed up!