If Only The Rams Had The Pac 12 All Time Leader Passer Already On The Roster

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Who Is The All Time Pac 12 Leading Passing Yards Leader

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
The Pac 12 has certainly been a quarterback factory over the years, with some all-time greats (Elway, Jim Plunkett, Aaron Rogers, Troy Aikman) guys that have had some personal, or team success, (Drew Bledsoe, Andrew Luck, Carson Palmer, Jake Plummer, Pat Haden) guys with great college careers that flamed out, (Ryan Leaf, Mark Sanchez?, Matt Barkley, Matt Leinert, Foles? Kyle Boller, etc.) and current young guys with promise, (Marcus Mariota, Brett Hundley, Jared Goff).

As evidenced by the above list, College success does not always transfer to NFL success. Certainly, NFL scouts are looking for intangibles: leadership, reading defenses, arm accuracy, etc. that don't always show themselves at the college level. That's why Joe Montana, Tom Brady and Russell Wilson were not first round picks. Scouts miss on guys, and guys peak at different levels.

But what if someone told you we could have the all-time leading passer in Pac 12's storied history, ALREADY on the Rams roster, just hitting his prime! Wouldn't that be awesome? Would you take it?

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Never mind that. We have the NCAA all-time passing leader starting!

:yess:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

like.png
55555.jpg
winner1.jpg
_flamethrower_.gif

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave

rotfl.PNG
Love it!!! Saved it for use at a later date!! I'm sure I will have occasion to use it!:mrburnsevil:

jjab360

Legend
Yeah and Matt Barkley is the Pac 12 all time TD leader, but I don't really see his career going much of anywhere either tbh. College stats don't mean jack once you hit the pros.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Mannion didn't play in the PAC 12 so he should not be on the list.

You'll wanna revisit that... Mannion played at Oregon State University which is in the Pac-12.

Unless you were throwing shade, in which case... Carry on.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Yep! I have a "Special File" in my picture section for these too!!

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Great Point.- Keenum. College success is often a product of offensive system, team, opportunity and quality of competition. But the point here is, we may have our answer under our nose- Keenum or Sean Mannion, and are looking to the next shiny thing on the horizon for the solution.

The coaching staff is aware of these realities, of course. That is all that matters.

BTW: I apologize to all for some of my lack of proofreading on my original post. (Distracted here at work. I wanted to get this out, though.):unsure:

Too late to edit. @X or any moderator, feel free to clean up my ebonics if you'd like!(y)

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If only the Pac 12 all time leading passer was that sure fire prospect that we were all hoping for to lead this team.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
College success is often a product of offensive system, team, opportunity and quality of competition. But the point here is, we may have our answer under our nose- Keenum or Sean Mannion, and are looking to the next shiny thing on the horizon for the solution.
I agree. And while I think that there are a couple of QBs in this draft who *appear* to offer more production and have higher ceilings, they too were/are college quarterbacks. I think Keenum and Mannion have their limitations, but I'm not convinced that Lynch or Cook or Goff are going to be clear upgrades. And I only say that because they're not coming into an environment conducive to QB production. At the risk of sounding repetitive, I think it would be a mistake to draft a QB who won't start and stand pat with the other facets of the offense. It's not wide open, doesn't have playmaking Y & Z receivers, doesn't have a beast TE, and isn't a vertical offensive system.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
But the point here is, we may have our answer under our nose- Keenum or Sean Mannion, and are looking to the next shiny thing on the horizon for the solution.

And Brian Quick might be the next Terrell Owens. Marcus Roberson might be the next Darrelle Revis. Ethan Westbrooks might be the next Michael Strahan. Cody Davis might be the next John Lynch.

But I don't think anyone in their right mind would advocate us acting like we don't have any needs because a young player on this team might shock all of us and end up being good/great.

The Rams need to plan for the worst and hope for the best. Not risk their season on the extremely extremely low odds that Mannion or Keenum are the solution.

Last edited:

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It's funny some people are advocating us not taking a QB because of Mannion yet they say the Browns should because they don't know what they have in RG3.