If not Von... plans B, C, D, etc.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
to quote him he said he'll come back if we bring back Von, OBJ, and everyone back
Where is this quote? Did he say that if we don't bring Von(and everyone back) that he'll leave?
And once the AD era is over, I think McVay leaves shortly after. Thats just my opinion. McVay out of his mouth said he wants to take a break and go to the announcer booth.
McVay did not say that. When asked...(about 100 times by the media) he said that broadcasting is something he'd like to do someday.

Sorry dude, I'm busting your balls a little but only because i think you're throwing a lot of hyperbole and out of context "he said" stuff out there to back up your own emotions here.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
The Rams led the NFL in sacks when they traded for Miller.
But they wouldn’t have won SB without him, I think it’s more than fair to say.
The defense can grow in other ways to make up for the loss, imo.
Rochell needs to step up.. same with Long.. I’d draft a CB and sign a vet. Make the secondary a strength.
Sign one on the edge guys still out there. Flowers or Fowler are my pics.
Edge and corner before I spend a penny on something like Wagner. I’m more than happy with Jones.

And just in case, Morris should tell Weddle to stay in shape just in case we need him come playoff time.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Where is this quote? Did he say that if we don't bring Von(and everyone back) that he'll leave?

McVay did not say that. When asked...(about 100 times by the media) he said that broadcasting is something he'd like to do someday.

Sorry dude, I'm busting your balls a little but only because i think you're throwing a lot of hyperbole and out of context "he said" stuff out there to back up your own emotions here.

McVay (IMO) is too driven to step down and go into a booth after 5 years. And I believe you're right. It was the press making some of that stuff up or taking a little joke out of context. AD will eventually retire but I doubt that his departure will make McVay want to retire.

I just hope that Stan Kroenke stays in good health because he has deep pockets and I doubt that money will be an issue with keeping McVay happy.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Did I miss where Donald agreed to relinquish $2.M of his 2022 salary to ensure the Rams could afford to re-sign Miller ? If veteran players are going to demand team concessions without any kind of sacrifice of their own, then threaten retirement if they don't get their way, management shouldn't capitulate to what appears as something akin to blackmail. It was reported that Floyd's contract was restructured to create enough CAP space to get Miller signed, but it still wasn't enough in the end.

I legit don't think it was the real APY which is about 3 years at just over $17M per.

I think the issue was guaranteeing the third year. The Rams were unlikely to pay Von $17M as a 35 year old rusher.

What I think is that Von is gonna regret this because those New England winters can add significant wear on a player (and that icy grass is as hard or harder than any turf out there). Plus, he's leaving Reggie Scott and our rehab team and don't think that's a small deal.

But moving on, I think we'll be at the end of this going into those first team meetings feeling pretty good about how the Rams are going to seize this opportunity to return as Super Bowl champs.

C'mon all... the same team that traded for Ramsey, Stafford and Miller isn't gonna just coast... they may have focused on Von too much, but they are still the same aggressive FO crew they've been all this time.

If they can make something work, they'll do it without hesitation.

As we sit, we're a playoff team and potentially a Super Bowl team if Woods comes back strong and then OBJ comes back for the December run and the playoffs. Remember, Stafford's in year two of this offense and all of the offensive pieces will be in on the install from the jump and that's huge.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
I legit don't think it was the real APY which is about 3 years at just over $17M per.

I think the issue was guaranteeing the third year. The Rams were unlikely to pay Von $17M as a 35 year old rusher.

What I think is that Von is gonna regret this because those New England winters can add significant wear on a player (and that icy grass is as hard or harder than any turf out there). Plus, he's leaving Reggie Scott and our rehab team and don't think that's a small deal.

But moving on, I think we'll be at the end of this going into those first team meetings feeling pretty good about how the Rams are going to seize this opportunity to return as Super Bowl champs.

C'mon all... the same team that traded for Ramsey, Stafford and Miller isn't gonna just coast... they may have focused on Von too much, but they are still the same aggressive FO crew they've been all this time.

If they can make something work, they'll do it without hesitation.

As we sit, we're a playoff team and potentially a Super Bowl team if Woods comes back strong and then OBJ comes back for the December run and the playoffs. Remember, Stafford's in year two of this offense and all of the offensive pieces will be in on the install from the jump and that's huge.

I seriously wonder if the Rams will keep Woods and OBJ? Seems like someone will be the odd man out and it won't be Super Kupp. Unless Van Jefferson becomes the odd man out of the main rotation.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
I seriously wonder if the Rams will keep Woods and OBJ? Seems like someone will be the odd man out and it won't be Super Kupp. Unless Van Jefferson becomes the odd man out of the main rotation.

Considering how different OBJ and Woods are, I expect them to be able to coexist nicely. And, as e saw, Woods has a niche that not even Kupp can completely fill.

Does Van Jefferson become the odd man out? not at all. If anything, we'll have the depth to not have to rely on Kupp so much and can be more efficient by spreading the ball around.

We run 11 personnel mostly, so if anything, we'd be able to have a rotation which we've not been able to really have all of last year...

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
Wouldn't be surprised to see OBj follow one of his best friends to Buffalo now.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Wouldn't be surprised to see OBj follow one of his best friends to Buffalo now.
With Von and maybe OBJ, I'll be tweeting them how warm it is in LA in November, December, and January vs in Buffalo. "It's -20 F in Buffalo, Von, but I'm cutting my grass in LA today...Wish you were here. Hope the cash keeps you warm next to Lake Erie..."

dang

Legend
Have faith Ramily. So far with the exception of Miller, Rams FA has gone according to plan. I believe the Rams always have a Plan B and a Plan C for every move. We all would have loved to see Donald and Miller together for another year or two but I doubt anyone believed the Rams would sign Miller for longer.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame

There's a video at the parade where Miller and Donald had found Kroenke and told him "We don't come back unless we all come back." In combination with the leak that was never supposed to happen about Donald thinking about retirement, it sounds like Donald was threatening to retire of we can't retain Miller and OBJ.

This is the best I can find right now.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto
I can see him seriously considering retirement (AD that is). Also, call PIT and offer him for Watt if he wants to be home.

With that said, he won't retire, he wants more money, and he'll get it. As he deserves it.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Well AD is contemplating retirement obviously from what he's said, and to quote him he said he'll come back if we bring back Von, OBJ, and everyone back. Having Von next to him is the first elite, HOF level pass rusher he's played beside his entire career. So if Von signed for 3-4 years, its fair to believe AD would play with Von as long as he could. Without Von I'm not saying AD retires right now, but he certainly could next year or the year after. And once the AD era is over, I think McVay leaves shortly after. Thats just my opinion. McVay out of his mouth said he wants to take a break and go to the announcer booth. I just hope Von leaving isn't the first domino to fall in this sequence of events. But it could be. If Von stayed I would say our window with McVay/AD was AT LEAST 4 more years. Now no one can say but I'd honestly bet thats the most we'll get if we're being optimistic.
Just for context, AD and most of the team was totally shit faced when he said that, right?

I haven’t seen any interviews since he sobered up with him talk retirement.