If not Malcomb Brown... then who?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Got news for ya. That's the same forecast for us down South in Arkansas. It's -2 degrees as I post this with more snow on the way. I married a woman from Cheektowaga NY 36 years ago and I'm thinking this is all her fault. Brought that dad gummed Yankee weather with her!!!

~ArkyRamsFan~

Unreal, we were very close moving to Texas years ago, after getting out of the military (Ohio) my Uncle had moved to the Dallas/Fort Worth area and I was very close to him and his three children too. My wife and I debated it for weeks and had a house in both Texas & New York picked out, but because we had been away from both sides of the family for so long, we decided to move back to New York.

Been going to Texas every year since to visit and have regretted our decision, even our children had wised we went there, but conversing with my Uncle last night was tough. He's fortunate, his pipes are deeper down then most and he has three gas fireplaces to keep warm as they live in Colleyville, TX, but two of my cousins are without power, reading last night the one house was down to 55.

Stay safe @ArkyRamsFan I guess when it comes to Mother Nature no State is bullet proof.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu

If only. Sure loved watching some EC back in the day.

I think he'll get his chance this year. I really like how he follows his blockers at the line in many of those runs rather than try to run past them or dodge through a hole that just isn't there. I could see him following Hav or Whit to some consistent gains until he breaks a big one or two. Guess we'll see. It sure doesn't hurt seeing that mustang on the helmet. Ah.... memories.
We won’t have a shot at him but Javonte Williams looks great. A possibility is Herbert from Va Tech.
WHO?!?
Late round pick / UDFA. The 3rd RB is not the place to spend money, IMO.
Unless they think they have a #1 or 2 back sitting there. Also, I think we are in a position where they may value an impact type player more than a trench guy. I want them to go O-line but they seem to have a far different path in the draft than most of us suspect ahead of time.

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
Brown does more than carry the football. He protects the QB on passing plays, recognizing blitz packages and picking up guys trying to kill the QB. I'm not so sure Akers and Henderson are adequate in that role.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
i don't know if it is or was ever true but way back they used to say that a fb was not accounted for in pass coverage. so i think we should draft tommy tremble and use him at fb. he could be a lead blocker,short yardage power back and a receiver out of the back field. i notice that a lot of the better running teams use a fb a lot. plus we could use him in line blocking at times he would just add so many different looks to the offence.
I disagree. If they were not covered, it was because they were short, stocky, slow and weren't a threat if thrown the ball. If you put an athlete in the backfield who can block well, the defense will be accounting for the threat.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
We won’t have a shot at him but Javonte Williams looks great. A possibility is Herbert from Va Tech.
Hhmm, I think Javonte Williams will go somewhere in the 3rd to 4th round....much higher than the Rams would use on a depth RB. But, if they did take him I would be very happy. He would be a great compliment to Akers and Henderson, as Brown has been.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Hhmm, I think Javonte Williams will go somewhere in the 3rd to 4th round....much higher than the Rams would use on a depth RB. But, if they did take him I would be very happy. He would be a great compliment to Akers and Henderson, as Brown has been.
Very possible, I get the feeling we'll see three late 1st early 2nd round RB with him Harris and Etienne added to playoff caliber teams.

Neil039

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Very possible, I get the feeling we'll see three late 1st early 2nd round RB with him Harris and Etienne added to playoff caliber teams.
When that happens, it totally sucks. The rich get richer, unless it’s a Candidate pick.

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
I disagree. If they were not covered, it was because they were short, stocky, slow and weren't a threat if thrown the ball. If you put an athlete in the backfield who can block well, the defense will be accounting for the threat.

i thought it was because they were kept in to pass block or lead block and every once in a while would get short yardage carries. i remember back in the whinner hay days they had a fb (rathmon i think) who would catch 2 or 3 passes a game that just seemed to kill us. he was stocky and slow but he could catch and seemed to get wide open. but that was a long time ago and the defenses may have changed on covering fbs.

8to12

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Camp Reporter
I would like to see Brown re-signed to a veteran minimum deal. If not, I would like to see a player drafted with Brown's size and/or stature. When you mention Calais and Jones, you end up with 4 players all about the same size with Jones & Akers just a little bigger in weight & height. I would like RB3 to be 5'11" to 6'0", and at least 225lbs. There are a few RB's that can be had late in the draft in this size range:
Stevie Scott - Indiana - 6'2" - 230lbs

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GqbpeeTOBUM

Gerrid Doaks - Cincinatti - 6'0" - 230 lbs

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePzOSONhu08

Brendan Knox - Marshall - 6'0" - 225 lbs

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LkpEfWQAUXQ

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
My take is The Rams build within,meaning they will not spend resources at RB. The big question is going to be about POWER.FB/HB.

Mcvay is an innovator who keeps up with the times & not afraid to recreate
a fade from the past.Kromer is still the run game coordinator & Yardbird is the WR coach. The both of them together have the BEST BLOCKING WR in The NFL.
The Rams New RB coach will have more of a say as well in 2021.My believe is Akers is going to be the guy & HENDO is so explosive he can change a game like (SNAP)that..
Calis & Jones already took Kelly out of the picture or whatever his name was.