I think this one was on McVay

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
The team looked out of sorts and panicky the entire second half. After battling back into the game by halftime they just froze up. We can pick some individual moments and plays that made a difference but the O just didn't get it done.
Out of sorts....didn't seem...right. Too many passes were behind receivers....
If McVay is watching this tape...right now...I'd hope he sees what happened. Timing was off.

nighttrain

Legend
Out of sorts....didn't seem...right. Too many passes were behind receivers....
If McVay is watching this tape...right now...I'd hope he sees what happened. Timing was off.
for the most part, timing was off due to a very good defensive effort from the Falcons D. The resting issue had zilch to do with the game....
train

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
I read these posts and think we are all on the same page. ST turnovers killed us. On the punt that went off Countess? foot. Hard to tell at the stadium and I will not rewatch. I was telling my son why isn't Cooper moving forward that punt is short? Can't imagine it was the lights, Cooper misplayed from the get. Team was Rusty out of sync not in rhythm whatever label you like. If the O plays higher percentage or is performing better early taking less chance in short yardage situation then the T.O.P and ST issues are different. Atlanta was ballin and really killing us on the big plays weakside D in the flats was there whenever they needed it and they made the big 3rd down plays. I

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
for the most part, timing was off due to a very good defensive effort from the Falcons D. The resting issue had zilch to do with the game....
train

Train there is no way you can know that, We played better D's and tore them up. The only evidence we have is this game and they were off. I hope McVay is more open minded and at least enters the evidence in for investigation. We need to look at all possibilities without eliminating the obvious

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Train there is no way you can know that, We played better D's and tore them up. The only evidence we have is this game and they were off. I hope McVay is more open minded and at least enters the evidence in for investigation. We need to look at all possibilities without eliminating the obvious
I don't know that there are many (if any) coaches who would have played their starters in that game against the 49ers. It's just not something you do when you need to get everyone to 100% health for a game that matters. Personally, I would have liked to have seen them play everyone in that game, because I *am* a believer in momentum. But this is, above all else, a business. You don't risk your assets when you don't have to.

nighttrain

Legend
i know this because i watched the damn game wow, just wow:D
train

bluecoconuts

Legend
McVay and Goff mentioned in an interview that there are things you learn from being there, and since they're both so young and new to it all, there are things they learn together.

Last night was one of those things. But they have shown that they take every lesson to heart, I don't expect them to make the same mistake twice.

After the second ST fumble, Cooper was really upset and I just saw a wave of players going to him on the sidelines and standing by him, comforting him. That's the biggest thing I took from the loss. Win or lose, we're still family.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I dunno, those two ST turnovers were absolutely devastating to the defense and denied the offense two possessions

Not sure I can heap that on McVay

They had 10 other possessions though.

Not a fan of McVay’s gameplanning when he gets too Martzian with the pass and it isn’t working; hope he learned that from this game

This is IMO his big flaw, he runs out of patience with one of the best RB's in the NFL at his disposal and an OL that run blocks well. Martz had Faulk and did it, McVay has Gurley and does it. It has to change.

That first series 2nd and 2 and had 2 bad pass plays, should have been a Gurley start and move the sticks.

That was dumb.

But they have shown that they take every lesson to heart, I don't expect them to make the same mistake twice.

I agree, they will learn from the mistakes they made. The future will be good for a long time for these two if they stay together.

rdlkgliders

"AKA" Hugo Bezdek
Name
Don
@-X- @nighttrain not going to rehash. I was there watching to train. What others do is not always right. We are very young others have often been there before, No way for any of us to know for sure. Jared did elude to it in his P,C saying it took longer than usual. Leaving 16 of 22 out may have been excessive and maybe I am wrong but to not entertain it seems myopic and I am far to open minded and experienced for that

Soul Surfer

Legend
Name
Charles Mazyck
LB.....Our most pressing need by far in my humble opinion
I'm going to go with a real nose tackle that could take on double teams and force the run outside where our OLB's can take them on.

We have speed on the outside in Quinn, Barwin, Westbrooks and Longacre.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
@-X- @nighttrain not going to rehash. I was there watching to train. What others do is not always right. We are very young others have often been there before, No way for any of us to know for sure. Jared did elude to it in his P,C saying it took longer than usual. Leaving 16 of 22 out may have been excessive and maybe I am wrong but to not entertain it seems myopic and I am far to open minded and experienced for that
I'm not dismissing your view, because I said I shared it.
My only point is that it's the norm to do that in this business.

Memphis Ram

Legend
McVay's biggest failing may be having too much faith in his "offensive genius" and trusting Goff a bit more than he should at times.

Flatlyner

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Survivor Champion
I don't think I've seen anyone mention that dropped deep pass to Watkins. In live action, it looked like the defender hit the ball out of his hands, on replay, it hit both of this hands and then the ground. Would have been a TD, which was sorely needed.

Honestly, those 2 quick turnovers sunk our battleship before we had a chance to get going. It deflated everyone it seemed. Then the lack of Gurley usage in key moments was baffling. Yes, Atlanta had a great game plan for our passing usage of Gurley, we should have countered that with more passes to TE's, who would surely be more open with Gurley as bait.

At any rate, I'm devastated but happy about our future.

jacktheripper85

Starter
defender didnt hit the ball, but he got his hand right in SW's face.
train

I don’t want to argue with you but my expectations change if a rookie drops that pass as opposed to a guy that a team traded a bunch of picks to draft him at number 4, a second team trades another high pick and good corner to get him and said WR has a history of wanting to be “”the man” and command $10-12MM dollars a year. Make a play son!