I think this one was on McVay

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
It’s a case by case scenario. Rest is better for a more experienced veteran team. For a young team maybe not so much.

People keep bringing up the Giants game. That is a different situation altogether. First it was earlier in the year and the Rams were getting better each week. The Giants were getting worse and seemed to be at their lowest.

Comparing the Giants in the middle of a free fall to a veteran, team with a good QB and playoff experience like Atlanta is apples to oranges. Especially in the playoffs,

I absolutely see your point. I guess I just have a different opinion about it. I really think there's too much risk playing starters in a game that really has no benefit besides arguing the grass is greener on the other side after we lost. It's the whole dammed if you dammed if you don't mentality and coaches / players can't think like that.

I'm sure McVay asked the advice from coaches who have advanced knowledge or the numbers on this matter. and I'm sure he went with the side that benefited his team most. I trust Sean.

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock

If higbee (haha) or Sammy catch routine passes in the endzone then Sammy catches that perfectly thrown bomb for another td we'd all be talking about what a great comeback win and how clutch Goff is.

Instead we're still wondering what the freak happened.

Higbee is Jared cook and won't be anything other than that. Sammy won't fight for any pass. The rams have to work out why he doesn't even try to win any balls before they even think of making him an offer.

I have no problem replacing Tyler Higbee with a better TE but he is already a better blocker than Jared Cook.

I do hate his drops, though.

Carry on.

RAMBUSH

Starter
And I think he will learn from it. He seems to be the type that sees when he does something wrong and works to correct it.

Maybe next year when the last game is meaningless let the starters play a little to make sure they aren't rusty.

Maybe next year stick with the type of playcalling that got you the division crown and a home field playoff game.

The team looked out of sorts and panicky the entire second half. After battling back into the game by halftime they just froze up. We can pick some individual moments and plays that made a difference but the O just didn't get it done.

13 points will win you about 1 out of 30 games, maybe not even that. And a 3 point second half is a bad job all around.

Next year will be different.
All we can do is hope everyone from top on down learned from this . I believe we are in the best hands that we have been in for a long time , and I am gonna trust them all. I believe the players love their coaching staff and we will be better and stronger for years to come . I believe players will speak out about our coaching staff and perhaps sway free agents that might not have wanted to go to the rams . I know I will be sporting my horns again as always. I don't like the other teams. GO RAMS ......

RAMBUSH

Starter
I don't think resting his starters had anything to do with the loss. Inexperience was our problem last night.
We can second guess his decision all we want but if Goff or Gurley got hurt in that last game the pitchforks would have come out and people would be yelling for McVays head.
I agree 100% . Why harp on it now . If it worked he was the young genius willing to go against the grain, it didn't work , so they second guess. I say GO RAMS....

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
(channeling my teenage self)
"Your mom's on McVay."

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
Hard to do anything on offense when your special teams gives up two turnovers in your own territory, and you have the ball for 20 minutes vs your opponents 40. Just saying.

Exactly.... lost two possessions, but not only that put the offense on the sidelines for extended periods which affects their rythem and the playcaller's. So maybe he needs to improve when being in that situation, but they just did not get enough snaps.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I absolutely see your point. I guess I just have a different opinion about it. I really think there's too much risk playing starters in a game that really has no benefit besides arguing the grass is greener on the other side after we lost. It's the whole dammed if you dammed if you don't mentality and coaches / players can't think like that.

I'm sure McVay asked the advice from coaches who have advanced knowledge or the numbers on this matter. and I'm sure he went with the side that benefited his team most. I trust Sean.

Except I argued before they lost. I understood them wanting to rest guys like Whitworth and Sullivan. I just didn't feel like the team played as well after the Seattle game. If that was the way they were playing in the next to the last game I would harvested sure, rest them.