I still believe in the Rams!!!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
LesBaker said:
I think the venting is pretty normal. It was a very ugly loss and people don't like that.
It's absolutely normal, and I can understand real-time reactions and slow healing wounds. It would be nice, though, if people could go ahead and get over it without making it their mission to make sure everyone's seen their disgust for the next several days. It's not prohibited or anything of course. It's just kind of courteous to not rub it in, and in, and in, and in....

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
Bare with me here, but...ugh. I haven't believed in the Rams in 7+ years. Honestly, why would I? How COULD I? Nothing but piss poor play and heartbreak. In 2010, I had hope...not necessarily belief, but hope that the franchise was on it's way back. 2011 was a shit storm of biblical proportions that pretty much wiped that hope away. YES I KNOW ABOUT THE INJURIES, but it was still a reality check for all of us. 2012 provided more hope, tempered hope, but hope none the less. The defense looked like it was coming along nicely, and the offense showed just enough to make us wonder what could be with more talent on that side of the ball. 2013 thus far.......hmmmmm......more questions than answers for me.

All I will say is that I expected, like some have already mentioned, that this team would struggle through the first part of the season and hopefully finish strong. I am on record as saying that NEXT year is when we show dramatic improvement. I hope we are still on that schedule, but MAN have they looked bad through 3 games this year. Yes, all three games. I pray this team shows some level of cohesiveness on Thursday. One more clunker like last week and you can bet that locker room will start to lose confidence. Sorry for the Debbie Downer spiel. This team has broken my spirits for the better part of 35 years, so I am juuuuuust a tad jaded. Sunday cut me deep and I am still not completely over it. A win...or even a good game Thursday will go a long way towards fixing that. Go Rams.......

Faceplant

Rams On Demand Sponsor
X said:
LesBaker said:
I think the venting is pretty normal. It was a very ugly loss and people don't like that.
It's absolutely normal, and I can understand real-time reactions and slow healing wounds. It would be nice, though, if people could go ahead and get over it without making it their mission to make sure everyone's seen their disgust for the next several days. It's not prohibited or anything of course. It's just kind of courteous to not rub it in, and in, and in, and in....

Whoops. Sorry. :boohoo: saw this after I posted my whiny diatribe. Feel free to delete my post if it is offsides.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Faceplant said:
X said:
LesBaker said:

Whoops. Sorry. :boohoo: saw this after I posted my whiny diatribe. Feel free to delete my post if it is offsides.
It's all good, man.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
X said:
LesBaker said:

I think it takes some time with some people X, it's been a harsh life for two decades other than the three seasons this team left the cave.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
LesBaker said:
X said:
LesBaker said:

I think it takes some time with some people X, it's been a harsh life for two decades other than the three seasons this team left the cave.
I'm sure. But it's not a rebuild. There's, like, a core and stuff. :razzed:

Faceplant

Rams On Demand Sponsor
X said:
Faceplant said:
X said:
LesBaker said:

It's all good, man.

Stupid red wine my wife fed me after dinner has me all emotional, haha. I wish I could quit this team, but ain't no chance that's gonna happen, so go beat the knickers of the niners and I will be riding high all through the w/e!! GO RAMS!!!!!

TexasRam

Legend
There is nothing in Fishers post game speech to suggest he will change the ridiculous schemes he's letting the Coordinators trot out there.

So I right now have Zero Faith in the Coaches.

I Believe in these players though. They are talented and if they had some competitive Coordinators could go deep into the playoffs.

So, do I believe in the Rams? I don't believe they can pull it together this year No. That is my honest Belief. I believe next year they could do it though, after these coordinators running the X's and O's are fired.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
X said:
LesBaker said:
X said:
LesBaker said:

I'm going to muffpunch you as hard as I can for that. :bign:

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
LesBaker said:
X said:
LesBaker said:
X said:
LesBaker said:

Yeah? I'll see you Friday. I'll make a special trip. :gr:

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
X said:
LesBaker said:
X said:
LesBaker said:
X said:
LesBaker said:

Yeah? I'll see you Friday. I'll make a special trip. :gr:

Ok fine. Muffpunches are pick up or delivery, same price.

You know there are like 4 people at the most that get this exchange I bet........hehehehehe

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
LesBaker said:
You know there are like 4 people at the most that get this exchange I bet........hehehehehe
:lol: No doubt.

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
If you don't believe, don't watch, I mean in the end I KNOW if I didn't I wouldn't,WHY waste time?

Believe ,every day a young team gets better, believe we have a veteran group of coaches who've all had their backs against the wall, who have BEEN fired from the best job they had before this one. Believe that if there is a way to rectify the problems the ability to discover it is here.

My entire ethos as a fan is this,I require of myself that I maintain the frame of mind I want from the players,never think you are out of a game that there is nothing to be gained from playing hard and expecting good things to happen if you do.

For me bad news always arrives sooner than I wanted it so I don't sit and stew about it in advance "ain't nobody got time fo that".
A coward dies a thousand deaths ,not saying negative fans are cowards but the misery of cowardice and the misery of negativity are just too much alike for me to tolerate either in my heart.
Ain't NOBODY GOT TIME FO THAT.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Quoting myself before week 1
I like to break the season down into four quarters and look at it one quarter at a time(as a fan).

First quarter:
vs AZ
@ Atlanta
@ Dallas
vs SF

Rams must finish at least 2-2 through this stretch to remain relevant and "in the early mix" IMO.
A quick glance says that AZ is a must win relative to the following 3 games. It is.

The 2 road games are tough,so either get a split there(after beating AZ)or get an early season BIG win at home vs SF.

I actually would be ecstatic to come out of these 4 games at 2-2 with wins over both divisional teams.

Losing to AZ and then facing these next 3 games would be dubious at best. Lots of folks talking about the Rams winning 10,11 games this season etc...thats great stuff(my prediction is 9 wins),but getting out of this first quarter of games at 1-3 is going to make those lofty predictions unrealistic IMO.

3-1? 4-0? Dancing in the streets.

Raz me all you want my fellow Rammies, :yeh: i'm just trying to approach this realistically because those other teams on the schedule want to win too,and they dont care that its about time that the Rams emerged from NFL purgatory
http://www.ramsondemand.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=16275

Rams NEED a win on Thursday and i think they'll get it.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Mojo Ram said:
Rams NEED a win on Thursday and i think they'll get it.
Well then I'm going to guarantee you a win as well. Gotta turn you into a prophet, after all. :ww:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
LesBaker said:
Stu you have not one thing to feel bad about, you're allowed to get pissed at the Rams sometimes. It's your right actually.

Maybe so Les. But I've been here since almost the beginning. I left all the other sites and haven't looked back and mainly due to the positive light of this site and hating the negativity of the others. Many of us are pissed about the game. It's sort of a given. But I kinda feel like I pissed in my own pool - if you get my drift (It's the warm water you fee right about NOW). :7up: Just don't want to harsh the mellow.

Anywho... there are too many good things going with this team of late to let this get to me as much as I've allowed. That doesn't mean I won't speak up when I feel they are screwing up. I just won't write things unless I'd like to read them coming from someone else.

Cheers and Go Rams!

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
RamFan503 said:
I just won't write things unless I'd like to read them coming from someone else.
Nice. Very nice.
That's a good rule of thumb.

See? I knew you were a smart man.

AebqcMb.jpg

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
X said:
RamFan503 said:
I just won't write things unless I'd like to read them coming from someone else.
Nice. Very nice.
That's a good rule of thumb.

See? I knew you were a smart man.

AebqcMb.jpg

Liar. But thanks anyway.

Angry Ram

Captain RAmerica Original Rammer
Believe? Absolutely, otherwise there would be no point in being a fan. Like 503 Dallas has really soured me on this team. A beatdown can happen, it was HOW that beatdown happened. It is over, and I'm ready for the rest of the season.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Angry Ram said:
Believe? Absolutely, otherwise there would be no point in being a fan. Like 503 Dallas has really soured me on this team. A beatdown can happen, it was HOW that beatdown happened. It is over, and I'm ready for the rest of the season.

Back at yuh. Let's kick some whiner ass and REALLY move on!