I love a roomy bandwagon.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Psycho_X

Legend
Frankly I was starting to wonder how they were going to keep this ship together for years to come with age and cap getting untenable to a degree. I think there is a plan in place to completely turnover the roster. Setup one last hurrah for the core left for 2024 while also building a strong young base to continue with after that. I'm going to choose to look at this with excitement to see what this team does to shape it out over the next year. I always enjoy watching youth get coached up as well.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
What's funny is we are so blessed right now as fans compared to those dark and dismal Georgia years. So much pain and shit product prior. This regime and front office are definitely not perfect but take a step back and look at the big picture and you'll see there's plenty to appreciate.
This is all that needs to be said.

Right on, Merlin.

madrid311

RomandeacondickersonolsenwarnerStafforddonaldkupp
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Madrid311
now that McVay "is all in" we can maybe see some continuity and consistency in his plan going forward and become the winning coach who is a foundation for the franchise for years to come. getting it right at the qb situation is paramount for any team but most important for McVay's system. It will be fun to see what he can do. go rams.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Real fans, which I consider 99% of ROD to be, are not bandwagon jumpers.

Calling out stupid moves is part of being a good fan.

No, it’s not.

It’s presumptuous, mildly arrogant, and potentially short sighted.

A good fan is patient, thoughtful, and optimistic.

I gotta agree with my submarine brethren on this one. Many of us were good fans when Devany, Spags, Linehan, Fisher, etc. were making bad moves one after another, and I sure didn't hesitate to call them out when they did so.

We've also given the present regime plenty of praise when they made good moves. Nobody who calls themselves a good fan is under any obligation to agree with all of their moves, and barring some miracle like getting a serious impact player with the pick we got or Hunter Long morphing into Travis Kelce, Snead's failure to get more in compensation for Ramsey - even if the trade was otherwise justified - is worthy of criticism.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
What's funny is we are so blessed right now as fans compared to those dark and dismal Georgia years. So much pain and shit product prior. This regime and front office are definitely not perfect but take a step back and look at the big picture and you'll see there's plenty to appreciate.

I've counseled perspective numerous times on this forum, including relatively recently. But as you say, they aren't perfect, and a 3rd and a throwaway TE for Ramsey speaks to that. Maybe a #1 wasn't in the cards, but at least a #2 and one or two additional picks.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I gotta agree with my submarine brethren on this one. Many of us were good fans when Devany, Spags, Linehan, Fisher, etc. were making bad moves one after another, and I sure didn't hesitate to call them out when they did so.

We've also given the present regime plenty of praise when they made good moves. Nobody who calls themselves a good fan is under any obligation to agree with all of their moves, and barring some miracle like getting a serious impact player with the pick we got or Hunter Long morphing into Travis Kelce, Snead's failure to get more in compensation for Ramsey - even if the trade was otherwise justified - is worthy of criticism.
I never suggested that a fan has to agree with all moves.

I was responding to the over-the-top, sky is falling, condemnations of the team that have been expressed despite the fact that we don’t yet have the full picture.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Well 99% of fans are not good fans then
I don’t believe that.

Message board fans are not necessarily representative of fans as a whole and, besides, there are plenty of optimists here.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik

I was responding to the over-the-top, sky is falling, condemnations of the team that have been expressed despite the fact that we don’t yet have the full picture.

Fair enough.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

Feel 100% the same. I drink the Kool-aide.

Reality is reality though. Try to stay positive & give support to Ram Players & FO.
—The last few draft classes have hurt The Rams.IMO The Rams have messed up & it’s showing.
I think McSnead did a POOR JOB drafting there Top Picks.Then to trade picks away it shows up even BIGGER!
2023 is still just starting up & The Coaching Staff looks good. I’m excited to see how things play out.I enjoy the development of players.
—name the players later,but still there are players McSnead drafted that will shine.
—Point being there have been chances to draft Pro Bowl type Players early.Now developing Pro Bowl Players is the vision.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
No, it’s not.

It’s presumptuous, mildly arrogant, and potentially short sighted.

A good fan is patient, thoughtful, and optimistic.
Yeah you go with that if it makes you feel warm and fuzzy but, that is a load of horseshit and I will call it like I see it.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
Yeah you go with that if it makes you feel warm and fuzzy but, that is a load of horseshit and I will call it like I see it.
This is sports fandom. It’s supposed to be fun.

You don’t seem to be having fun.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
"Good fan"?

I don't think there is such a thing. Unless I missed the "how to be a fan handbook"!

There are casual fans, fair weather fans, whiney fans, passionate fans and die hard fans. And combinations of such.

There are fans who, despite lacking the necessary information, make judgements on transactions made or passed on.

There are fans who think every move is a good move and others who think every move is a questional move.

There are fans who are affected by one bad play early and say, " we're gonna lose".

There are fans who are affected by one bad game and believe the season is shot to hell.

Or one release or trade. Or multiple. Truth is none of us know for sure, but we're all gonna watch to see. Then some will undoubtedly revise their position or what their position was.

"I never thought we were done
when we lost to Tennessee, SF and Green Bay!!!"

"I never said, 'we weren't gonna catch Arizona for the division title'!"

"I never said we were toast when we lost the season finale to SF!"

"I didn't leave the house and throw my Stafford jersey in the trash when Tampa tied the game at 27!!"

You get the idea.
Agreed and it certainly isn’t bad to praise tremendous moves and criticize the bad ones.

I certainly don’t buy into the rainbows and unicorn farts kind of evaluations.

Tano

Legend
I don’t believe that.

Message board fans are not necessarily representative of fans as a whole and, besides, there are plenty of optimists here.
Per your definition - I would say 99% is a fair number.

Your definition is hard for almost all people to meet.

Now if you had said something like

A good fan is someone who hopes his team is making the right decision and roots for those decisions to be good for the team while also feeling that that decision may not have been for the best.

Then the majority of people will fit that description.

I feel I fit that description.

I am upset with the decisions this year because it looks like we will have a lousy 2023 but possibly a very good 2024. I just hate waiting a year for that to happen.

Of course I could be completely wrong and the Rams have a very good to great year even with the decisions that I disagree with. I can hope for that as well.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Here Since Hadl & Still Here with Hunter.
1678727581409.jpeg

SWAdude

And don't call me Shirley
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
John
If I wasn’t I wouldn’t be here. Maybe you shouldn’t worry about how other fans feel.
I found this board and it is my favorite by far. I really don't participate and visit any others because of some bad actors. I just want to enjoy sharing my Rams fandom.

It really is annoying when you stop visiting a board because you are annoyed how one may rock the boat and then they come over to this one and do the same.

I have never used an ignore function. Maybe I should.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
To those who would “ignore” me because I question the value of pessimism and histrionics…
Goodbye GIF