I hope Les and Sean have learned

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Londoner

Twitchy sophomore.
But it’s not hard to hit an extra point.
I’m in no way defending Havrisik here, but kicking isn’t as easy as you are making it out to be. If it were, nobody would ever miss an XP and there’d be queues of guys outside every team’s training facility waiting for their turn.

Except that their turn would never come, because the current incumbent would never miss.

HE WITH HORNS

Hall of Fame
I’m in no way defending Havrisik here, but kicking isn’t as easy as you are making it out to be. If it were, nobody would ever miss an XP and there’d be queues of guys outside every team’s training facility waiting for their turn.

Except that their turn would never come, because the current incumbent would never miss.

Even the best kickers miss XPs from time to time.

The problem here, is this guy can barely kick one on a good day.

And a field goal? Forget it.

Londoner

Twitchy sophomore.
And a field goal? Forget it.
Hey! That’s not fair! He’s clutch up to 30 yards!

IMG_7702.png

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well clearly we are in kicker hell. But who would you have cut to make room for Gay's contract.
Matt Gay signed the biggest FA deal for a kicker in history and has responded by making 81.1% FG, which has him at #25 in the league. (Only 5 spots ahead of Havrisik)
The monday morning Qb'ing around this guy is just insane.
Fact is, if they tied up that money, it would have caused a ripple effect and we dont know what player moves would have occurred. Rest assured, it would have cost a player

Ellard80

Legend
Matt Gay signed the biggest FA deal for a kicker in history and has responded by making 81.1% FG, which has him at #25 in the league. (Only 5 spots ahead of Havrisik)
Fact is, if they tied up that money, it would have caused a ripple effect and we dont know what player moves would have occurred. Rest assured, it would have cost a player
yeah with what they were planning with the roster.

just cant spend that much money on Matt Gay.

JYB

Starter
Seriously, asking this question again? The guy missed 2 extra points. Anyone is better than this poser posing as a competent NFL kicker. This there's no one better out there argument is dead.
Hell, bring back Brett Maher. He's all-pro by comparison to Havrisuck.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
yeah with what they were planning with the roster.

just cant spend that much money on Matt Gay.

The Rams will keep kicking the can in a Kicker!!

Les Snead has done GREAT finding FG Kickers & Punters since basically Year 1 !!

The Rams made the Playoffs,so for now I think Les Snead continues to do Great things with the process.? Example is when Greg the Leg first got hurt.
When Les drafted that one kicker before Anchrum was weird ? Then again he found Matt Gay !!

Brett Maher had that 1 game where he hit 3 50 plus FG’s in a game.

I don’t & have never liked this young kicker.

I actually think why not Ethan Evans ? Dude freaking kicks the Crap out of the ball.

Jorgeh0605

You had me at meat tornado.
2023 ROD Fantasy Champion
The takes on here are terrible. Look, Havrisik isnt the guy. I know that, and you know that. But Maher and Crosby ain’t better.

You guys sound like Jets fans begging to have Wilson benched for Tim Boyle or Trevor Siemian. Wilson sucks, but he’s better than those too.

Stop and truly consider that kicking punts is hard, and that maybe there is truly no one better that is available right now.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Agreed. It's why I asked OnD that. At this point if we did have MG onboard as our kicker we'd be in a ton better shape, but would it have been that simple. Would his cap hit have fit and allowed us to operate as we have, or would we have needed to move someone else.

He's kind of like Corbs too in terms of performance. Got his big payday but the team that bought him probably has buyer's regret. So even though I look at his shitty FG rate in envy I'm with you. Think it was a good call.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Hell, bring back Brett Maher. He's all-pro by comparison to Havrisuck.

I actually had confidence in Maher.The thing is he cost The Rams the Pittsburgh game. He was missing PAT’s as well

12intheBox

Legend
Name
Wil Fay
I think we are a bit salty because kicking almost cost us this Giants game and kicking lost us the Steelers game. Put it in a vacuum and the numbers aren't as glaring. I'm not saying this is good or even that it is acceptable - I'd rather have the cowboys kicker too - but it also could be worse.

Extra Points

Lucas - 19/22
Gay - 35/36

FGs 39 yds and below:

Lucas - 11/11
Gay - 16/17

FG - 40-49

Lucas - 2/6
Gay - 7/9

FG 50+

Lucas - 2/3
Gay - 7/11

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
All I know is that I miss the deep in my gut confidence when Greg the Leg lined up to kick that long assed FG vs New Orleans in the NFCCG. He was streaky at times too, but he could be clutch as hell. I haven't really felt that way since he left and that includes with Matt Gay.

DeaconJones

Rookie
What bothers me about Havrisik is that at least for two different games, broadcasters have noted that he looked awful in pre-game warmups. Usually with kickers, they miss a chip shot and the announcers say "he was nailing 65-yarders consistently pre-game".

Seeing Crosby miss an XP makes me think that maybe he really didn't look any better than Havrisik when in competition here?

Can we poach Lirim Hajrullahu from the USFL (UFL)?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
All I know is that I miss the deep in my gut confidence when Greg the Leg lined up to kick that long assed FG vs New Orleans in the NFCCG. He was streaky at times too, but he could be clutch as hell. I haven't really felt that way since he left and that includes with Matt Gay.
Even GZ was an 82% kicker for the Rams. Yes he had plenty of those misses from range just giving the number on him.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Even GZ was an 82% kicker for the Rams. Yes he had plenty of those misses from range just giving the number on him.
Yeah, I know. But be honest, didn't you feel confident and thrilled that he would make the game winning FG vs the Saints in the NFCCG?
Forget the stats and tell me what you felt in that moment.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Yeah, I know. But be honest, didn't you feel confident and thrilled that he would make the game winning FG vs the Saints in the NFCCG?
Forget the stats and tell me what you felt in that moment.
He was capable of hitting a long one just as he was capable of missing an easy one. Never feel good with any kicker we've had really even Langford or Wilkins. They all are capable of disappointing us. Never trust a kicker they all suck.

JYB

Starter
The takes on here are terrible. Look, Havrisik isnt the guy. I know that, and you know that. But Maher and Crosby ain’t better.

You guys sound like Jets fans begging to have Wilson benched for Tim Boyle or Trevor Siemian. Wilson sucks, but he’s better than those too.

Stop and truly consider that kicking punts is hard, and that maybe there is truly no one better that is available right now.
Sorry, but I don't think you can convince any sane person that Maher is not better than Havrishank.

In fact, I cannot think of a kicker in my lifetime that isn't better than Havrishank.