I Expect a Fast Start

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Lolol!!!

Still disturbing when I'm called by my first name. It's like... how much more crap they got on me? Haha

335dthl.jpg

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Oh I thought it said you expect a false start ... Sorry.

Sincerely,

Alex Barron

Thordaddy

Binding you with ancient logic
Name
Rich
Shit every time I see this thread title I read it FALSE START, disturbing

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
Rams are natoriously slow starters. Seems 1-3, 2-3, or at best 2-2 is the theme every year. This year I think we get spotted 4 games before the real tests begin against with our rivals.

Vs Minn- W
@ TB- W
Vs. DAl-W
Bye
PHI- W

We have two weeks to prepare for Philly. These early games will be crucial confidence builders for our young team. Then we face the toughest stretch of our schedule. Niners twice, ARZ, and the Seagulls in a five week span. Being our second half is much weaker than the first, getting a head start is a necessity. That five week span dictates our season to a large degree. If we can go 4-1-1 two years ago in the NFCW, I don't see how we don't stand a good chance to at least go .500 against the NFCW, or better. . That should be enough to have us controlling our own destiny down the stretch.

Wow......you have us winning AT PHI?

I like it.

Memphis Ram

Legend
Many believe that this team needs a fast start. It would be nice I'm not convinced it's necessary. I guess I'm just not in awe of the remaining teams on the schedule. Some of those teams might be better than expected, but some might be worse and take a Falcons / Texans like tumble. No one knows.

One game at a time.

And that Vikings opening day contest concerns me if they can get that running game going strong again.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
I've got the night free, thinking about re-watching one of the games from this year. Which one should I watch?
I like the division games for intensity....the 2nd seattle game in 13 was amazing for me...to see the D really shut down seattle at home until the late 3rd quarter when Langford lost it....very impresive...the Rams, not counting QB, were and are the better team....QB is important, come on Bradford show me as true!

Last edited:

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
I believe we can start out 6-0! But that 3 game Road trip in wks 8-9-10 really has me Buged! And then we come home to the Bronco's! But after all is said and done I see the Rams Finishing the Season 11-5:D GO RAMS

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Many believe that this team needs a fast start. It would be nice I'm not convinced it's necessary. I guess I'm just not in awe of the remaining teams on the schedule. Some of those teams might be better than expected, but some might be worse and take a Falcons / Texans like tumble. No one knows.

One game at a time.

And that Vikings opening day contest concerns me if they can get that running game going strong again.
I'm not overly concerned, Minn. Has a New HC, a New QB, and a New scheme. I wouldn't worry too much about them in wk.#1. Maybe if we were playing them in wk. 6 or 8, but not in wk.1!

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
We better get off to a fast start or else our schedule could bury us. That stretch after the bye looks rough.

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Be careful expecting a fast start. We usually play up and down to competition. So I'm not expecting anything until we prove that we can put away teams that we should.

ZigZagRam

Pro Bowler
If we can't win at least 3 of the first 4, we'll be looking at another .500 season with that schedule.

I expect them to come out blazing this year.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
what I hope doesn't happen, but very likely it will, if this team doesn't get off the that 4-1 start that so many seem to think is necessary, how many people will be jumping ship and saying her we go again.

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, the one that thing that stands out about Fisher coached teams, is they always get better as the season progresses. I can envision a scenario, especially again being so young, that they don't get out of the gate as fast as many think they "need" to, but they still manage a 10 win season.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
what I hope doesn't happen, but very likely it will, if this team doesn't get off the that 4-1 start that so many seem to think is necessary, how many people will be jumping ship and saying her we go again.
It will happen, and for good reason...
-Just 5 of 161 teams since '78 that started 0-3 have made the NFL playoffs. Historically, they have 3.1 percent chance.
-Last season, of the 12 teams that made the playoffs, none of them started the year with an 0-2 record. In fact, no team has made the playoffs after starting 0-2 since the 2008 season
-On the flip side of that equation, teams that have gone undefeated in the first two weeks have qualified for the playoffs 63.3 percent of the time since 1990

As I mentioned earlier in this thread, the one that thing that stands out about Fisher coached teams, is they always get better as the season progresses. I can envision a scenario, especially again being so young, that they don't get out of the gate as fast as many think they "need" to, but they still manage a 10 win season.
AZ won 10 games and missed out on the playoffs. Why? Look at week one vs our beloved Rams. The Cards fans will all tell you the same thing.

In this division there is little to no room for error.
In 2013 Seattle was 4-1 after five weeks.
SF started 3-2 after five weeks. Early losses @ Seattle and vs Indianapolis.
AZ started 3-2. When you look at the six losses the Cards suffered last season:
@ Rams
@ Saints
@ SF
vs Seattle
@ Philadelphia
vs SF
It becomes pretty obvious where AZ slipped up to cost them a post season birth.

Rams were 2-3 after five weeks last season. Our Rams have a losing culture that hasn't sniffed any kind of success in a decade. Getting off to a fast start is the first step in changing all that.

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
If we can't win at least 3 of the first 4, we'll be looking at another .500 season with that schedule.

I expect them to come out blazing this year.

I agree.
And maybe a .500 season at best.