I Expect a Fast Start

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Rams are natoriously slow starters. Seems 1-3, 2-3, or at best 2-2 is the theme every year. This year I think we get spotted 4 games before the real tests begin against with our rivals.

Vs Minn- W
@ TB- W
Vs. DAl-W
Bye
PHI- W

We have two weeks to prepare for Philly. These early games will be crucial confidence builders for our young team. Then we face the toughest stretch of our schedule. Niners twice, ARZ, and the Seagulls in a five week span. Being our second half is much weaker than the first, getting a head start is a necessity. That five week span dictates our season to a large degree. If we can go 4-1-1 two years ago in the NFCW, I don't see how we don't stand a good chance to at least go .500 against the NFCW, or better. . That should be enough to have us controlling our own destiny down the stretch.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
A fast start would be HUGE for this team.

Get them believing in themselves, as young as they are.... HUGE!

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
That would be nice momentum!

Philly can pull some crap on us, they got some weapons and Foles played well in 13. BUT, we'll have 2 weeks to prepare and 4 weeks worth of game film. Williams strikes me as "Mad Mike" of defense. I fully anticipate him to conjur some serious heat in that time frame. Then... the Niners.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
Philly can pull some crap on us, they got some weapons and Foles played well in 13. BUT, we'll have 2 weeks to prepare and 4 weeks worth of game film. Williams strikes me as "Mad Mike" of defense. I fully anticipate him to conjur some serious heat in that time frame. Then... the Niners.

That's just it. Because of our D, we have a real shot no matter the opponent.

Seattle made Denver look silly in the SB. A stout D > stout O come playoff time.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
That's just it. Because of our D, we have a real shot no matter the opponent.

Seattle made Denver look silly in the SB. A stout D > stout O come playoff time.

Absolutely.

Plus Philly's D sux. That division invests in its offense.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
A 3-0 start is a realistic chance and 4-0 isn't too far of a reach either. Not to get ahead of ourselves but without winning those easier games at the front of our schedule, I can't see us coming back to claim a playoff spot. If we start out with a nice little win streak, we could afford to go 0.500 in the division but otherwise we would have no room for error against the West.

A55VA6

Legend
We have to have a fast start to even think about making the playoffs. Our schedule gets brutal after the bye week. The first few games are all definitely winnable. Our defense will have to keep us in the games, and our offense is going to have to win games for us. Getting out to early leads will be very important.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
This team is very well built to sustain a lead. It doesn't get much better, really, with our pass rush and running. If we can get teams down and wear them out, we will sit pretty in the fourth.

A55VA6

Legend
This team is very well built to sustain a lead. It doesn't get much better, really, with our pass rush and running. If we can get teams down and wear them out, we will sit pretty in the fourth.
Exactly. That's a recipe for a championship.

TheDYVKX

#TeamMcVay
Name
Sean McVay
Not only a fast start to the season, but a fast start to every game as well.

There was a trend in our games. If we got off to a fast start and got a lead, we snowballed and annihilated teams. No team could keep up with us.

But if we get behind at any point, we really couldn't come from behind. Now, Bradford coming back will help that, but it's still a concern.

But we need to get off to a fast start, because we are one of the best teams at keeping and sustaining leads.

Starting fast allows us to play fast and win fast.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
Not only a fast start to the season, but a fast start to every game as well.

There was a trend in our games. If we got off to a fast start and got a lead, we snowballed and annihilated teams. No team could keep up with us.

But if we get behind at any point, we really couldn't come from behind. Now, Bradford coming back will help that, but it's still a concern.

But we need to get off to a fast start, because we are one of the best teams at keeping and sustaining leads.

Starting fast allows us to play fast and win fast.

Agreed. We struggle to come back from two possessions down late in games.

Bradford running the two minuite drill has flashed brilliance in the past. I have confidence in our defense to give us that shot in close games.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Every year i like to approach season WIN/LOSS goals using a quarterly system. 4 games = 1 quarter.
4 quarters in a season(much like a game in a way). I look at opponent, road or home game and factor in that sometimes you lose a game you shouldn't and sometimes win a game you don't expect too.

I've heard some HC's approach it this way too in terms of eyeballing a full schedule and setting goals.

First quarter
vs Vikings
@ Tampa Bay
vs Dallas
BYE
@ Philadelphia

As i said before the Rams need to come out of this quarter at 3-1. I don't think thats unrealistic or unreasonable either. Anything less will just put more pressure upon the 2nd quarter of games. As i look at these four games i actually think the Dallas home game will be the biggest challenge. Assuming we head into that gm at 2-0 the pressure is on to stay unbeaten, play at home, and beat a Cowboys team that has thoroughly whipped our ass in recent years.

CoachO

Hall of Fame
The one thing that is been evident in Fisher's teams, is they get noticeably better as the season progresses. As much as a fast start would be ideal, if they can stay above .500 thru the week 9, they have a real opportunity to do some real damage with the back end of the schedule.

Win 5 of the first 9, and 5 wins are very realistic in the last 7, for a 10 win season.

As far as getting off to quick starts in each game, I said that last year coming out of camp. This team was built to play with a lead. Similar to the formula the GSOT used, getting off to big leads and putting teams away with a solid running game, and opportunistic defense. With the pressure this defensive front can generate, if they force teams into being one dimensional, it could be really fun to watch them tee off.

A55VA6

Legend
I've got the night free, thinking about re-watching one of the games from this year. Which one should I watch?