How You Can Tell Summer Is Almost Here

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Force16X

anti pedestrian
Rams On Demand Sponsor
32.png

110° H

80° L

CHANCE OF RAIN:
0%

^ Not cool or fun. I just need to pick up and move to be honest. I know that there are many native(AZ's) that love the summers...as well as transplants who were fed up with brutal winters back East. Its all relative i understand that, but after 44 summers here...i'm DONE WITH IT.
ohio flood marion.jpg

I GOT YOUR RAIN RIGHT HERE>.................................... (y)

chance of rain today 80%.... tomorrow 100%.... tough to BBQ when the grill floats away.......

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
freak i hate living here.
The steering wheel experience getting into your parked car...
200.gif
lmao.

I just took a job in South Carolina and am going to have to move from the mountains of North Carolina. There's literally a 20 degree difference every day between the two spots and that's significant when Summer rolls around. For instance, it was 80 in Asheville today, but I was down in Columbia SC, and it was 100 on the nose.

Horseshit.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nope. Just inland from the beautiful central Oregon coast.

Nice! I have relatives in Roseburg, Sutherlin and out to Bend. Beautiful area to visit. In fact Bend is a lot like Reno. So very similar climate wise. Here right now we're low 90's and cools down to 60's at night. Very soon though it'll be 90-100 and it'll only cool down to 80-90 overnight.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
Having a dart tourney with friends tomorrow in my garage. Starting time 1:00 pm.
Temp - 110.
Humidity 5% - Thank you Lord , Thank you Jesus.

The good news.

Pool temp - rigged up some sprayers off the returns several years ago - believe it or not 72 ice cold fucking degrees (estimated -photo to follow). Pretty cool - pun intended.

Last edited:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Nice! I have relatives in Roseburg, Sutherlin and out to Bend. Beautiful area to visit. In fact Bend is a lot like Reno. So very similar climate wise. Here right now we're low 90's and cools down to 60's at night. Very soon though it'll be 90-100 and it'll only cool down to 80-90 overnight.
My wife was born in and most of her family still lives in Reno. Her dad was the pit boss at the Mapes and then the Riverside. We were there over thanksgiving. Know the area fairly well.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Having a dart tourney with friends tomorrow in my garage. Starting time 1:00 pm.
Temp - 110.
Humidity 5% - Thank you Lord , Thank you Jesus.

The good news.

Pool temp - rigged up some sprayers off the returns several years ago - believe it or not 72 ice cold freaking degrees (estimated -photo to follow). Pretty cool - pun intended.
My kind of weekend.

IowaRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Iowa
Have only had to turn the A/C in the house once so far this year , and that was more just to make sure it still works after sitting in the long cold winter months

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Ok, at work today, temp inside is 140 degrees at 100% humidity. Want to guess the heat index? It's only around 600. Ever had half moon nut rashes?

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Hey, speaking of weather, how's the temps normally in St Louis in mid September? Should I bring my speedos? :p

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Ok, at work today, temp inside is 140 degrees at 100% humidity. Want to guess the heat index? It's only around 600. Ever had half moon nut rashes?
WTF?
Who do you work for? Satan?
Hades is not a great work place.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Working in a paper mill in South Georgia in the summer. Yeah, seems like Hell on Earth sometimes.
Those temperatures are insane. Seems completely unsafe.
I think I'd send a resume to Ben and Jerrys. Maybe just to cool off.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Those temperatures are insane. Seems completely unsafe.
I think I'd send a resume to Ben and Jerrys. Maybe just to cool off.
Yeah, absolutely unsafe for any period of time. They always like to tell us to drink plenty of fluids, take frequent breaks, and use a "buddy system" when in extreme areas of heat. That's all laughable when you find yourself in those nice toasty areas. So, I implement the OSHA 20/40 on them. (work 20, rest 40) They don't like that much. (y)

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Yeah, absolutely unsafe for any period of time. They always like to tell us to drink plenty of fluids, take frequent breaks, and use a "buddy system" when in extreme areas of heat. That's all laughable when you find yourself in those nice toasty areas. So, I implement the OSHA 20/40 on them. (work 20, rest 40) They don't like that much. (y)
Heat illness is a growing Cal/OSHA concern out here in CA. It's taken very seriuosly. They have been pushing it more and more the past few years.

iced

love the rain in florida.....some people hate the humidity, and at times i do too - but its also really good for your body to sweat, and feels great..

also does wonders for hangovers - all you gotta do is mow the lawn for 30 minutes and you feel amazing afterwards lol (of course drinking lots of water helps sweat it out too)