How You Can Tell Summer Is Almost Here

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...-heat-index-of-154-degrees-near-world-record/

Iran city hits suffocating heat index of 165 degrees, near world record
By Jason Samenow/July 31

Wherever you live or happen to travel to, never complain about the heat and humidity again.

In the city of Bandar Mahshahr (population of about 110,000 as of 2010), the air felt like a searing 165 degrees (74 Celsius) today factoring in the humidity.

Although there are no official records of heat indices, this is second highest level we have ever seen reported.

To achieve today’s astronomical heat index level of 165, Bandar Mahshahr’s actual air temperature registered 115 degrees (46 Celsius) with an astonishing dew point temperature of 90 (32 Celsius).in the same location.

Bandar Mahshahr sits adjacent to the Persian Gulf in southwest Iran where water temperatures are in the 90s. Such high temperatures lead to some of the most oppressive humidity levels in the world when winds blow off the sweltry water.

Jask, Iran observed a heat index of 156 degrees (69 Celsius) on Friday (air temperature 102.2 degrees with a dew point of 91.4 degrees).

Although there are no official records, 178 degrees (81 Celsius) is the highest known heat index ever attained. It was observed in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia on July 8, 2003. In his book Extreme Weather, weather historian Christopher Burt says Dhahran, also on the Persian Gulf, registered an air temperature of 108 degrees (42 Celsius) and a dew point of 95 (35 Celsius), which computes to such an extreme heat index level.

This week’s extreme heat index values have occurred as a punishing heat wave has engulfed the Middle East.

A massive high pressure ridge or “heat dome” responsible for the excessive heat doesn’t look to budge for several days, at least.

The extreme heat over such a long duration is particularly taxing in this war-ravaged region, as Weather.com explains:

The government has urged residents to stay out of the sun and drink plenty of water, but for many of the more than 3 million Iraqis displaced by violent conflict, that poses a dilemma.

Chronic electricity and water cuts in Iraq and other conflict-ridden countries make heat waves like the present one even more unbearable – particularly for the more than 14 million people displaced by violence across the region. In the southern Iraqi city of Basrah earlier this month, protesters clashed with police as they demonstrated for better power services, leaving one person dead.

Unlike other countries in the region, Iraq lacks beaches and travel restrictions make it difficult for people to escape the sweltering heat, leaving many – even those fortunate enough to live in their homes – with limited options for cooling off. Some swim in rivers and irrigation canals, while others spend these days in air-conditioned shopping malls.

On Thursday, Baghdad soared to 122 degrees (50C) – though its dew point was a lowly 44 (7 Celsius) given its desert environs. That combination produced a heat index of 115 – the dry air taking a slight edge off the blistering temperatures.

Notes: Credit to AccuWeather’s Anthony Sagliani for posting Iran temperature information on Twitter Thursday. Heat indices given in this post were calculated using the National Weather Service definition, which may be different from heat index or apparent temperature values reported on other Web sites.

VegasRam

Give your dog a hug.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Doug
And I'm pissing and moaning about 105 with 35% humidity. What a wuss!

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...-heat-index-of-154-degrees-near-world-record/

Iran city hits suffocating heat index of 165 degrees, near world record
By Jason Samenow/July 31

Wherever you live or happen to travel to, never complain about the heat and humidity again.

In the city of Bandar Mahshahr (population of about 110,000 as of 2010), the air felt like a searing 165 degrees (74 Celsius) today factoring in the humidity.

Although there are no official records of heat indices, this is second highest level we have ever seen reported.

To achieve today’s astronomical heat index level of 165, Bandar Mahshahr’s actual air temperature registered 115 degrees (46 Celsius) with an astonishing dew point temperature of 90 (32 Celsius).in the same location.

Bandar Mahshahr sits adjacent to the Persian Gulf in southwest Iran where water temperatures are in the 90s. Such high temperatures lead to some of the most oppressive humidity levels in the world when winds blow off the sweltry water.

Jask, Iran observed a heat index of 156 degrees (69 Celsius) on Friday (air temperature 102.2 degrees with a dew point of 91.4 degrees).

Although there are no official records, 178 degrees (81 Celsius) is the highest known heat index ever attained. It was observed in Dhahran, Saudi Arabia on July 8, 2003. In his book Extreme Weather, weather historian Christopher Burt says Dhahran, also on the Persian Gulf, registered an air temperature of 108 degrees (42 Celsius) and a dew point of 95 (35 Celsius), which computes to such an extreme heat index level.

This week’s extreme heat index values have occurred as a punishing heat wave has engulfed the Middle East.

A massive high pressure ridge or “heat dome” responsible for the excessive heat doesn’t look to budge for several days, at least.

The extreme heat over such a long duration is particularly taxing in this war-ravaged region, as Weather.com explains:

The government has urged residents to stay out of the sun and drink plenty of water, but for many of the more than 3 million Iraqis displaced by violent conflict, that poses a dilemma.

Chronic electricity and water cuts in Iraq and other conflict-ridden countries make heat waves like the present one even more unbearable – particularly for the more than 14 million people displaced by violence across the region. In the southern Iraqi city of Basrah earlier this month, protesters clashed with police as they demonstrated for better power services, leaving one person dead.

Unlike other countries in the region, Iraq lacks beaches and travel restrictions make it difficult for people to escape the sweltering heat, leaving many – even those fortunate enough to live in their homes – with limited options for cooling off. Some swim in rivers and irrigation canals, while others spend these days in air-conditioned shopping malls.

On Thursday, Baghdad soared to 122 degrees (50C) – though its dew point was a lowly 44 (7 Celsius) given its desert environs. That combination produced a heat index of 115 – the dry air taking a slight edge off the blistering temperatures.

Notes: Credit to AccuWeather’s Anthony Sagliani for posting Iran temperature information on Twitter Thursday. Heat indices given in this post were calculated using the National Weather Service definition, which may be different from heat index or apparent temperature values reported on other Web sites.
That is insane.
I don't ever want to know what that feels like

CodeMonkey

Possibly the OH but cannot self-identify
I saw on the news that the dew point here in St Louis was 83 degrees the other day...extreme mugginess. Hopefully it's not as hot and humid when you guys come out for the Seattle game.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Another friggin summer in AZ....awesome.

13178813_819995084797398_7554282281561297248_n.png

fearsomefour

Legend
On the CA coast we actually had to turn on the heat this morning. :whistle:
I remember a couple of summers ago going from Morro Bay where it was 72 degrees to Templeton.....about a 30 minute drive where it was over 100 degrees. Those coastal mountains are a God send.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Y'all can have that hot mess.
I'll stick with this:

Screenshot_2016-06-05-12-49-27.png

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Middle East heat is all dry heat. Highest I was in was high 140's in Kuwait, but would take that any day over the 90 degrees and near 100% humidity Florida gets. Feels like a fucking sauna. #1 reason why I don't miss that place.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
2000 ppl without power right now in Mesa. It's currently 113 degrees.
I was at my gf place when it went down. Luckily i live a mile South of her so i drove home and mine is ON.
I told her to stay home and let me know when it comes back on.