How Many Tackles did Gurley break?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

fastcat

Pro Bowler
As much as I like SJ39. It's like watching another animal altogether. Even in this prime, SJ has issues scoring inside the 10. Especially at the goal line.
Yea, sj danced too much in the backfield and wasn't quick enough to hit the holes when things got clogged up. Gurley is indeed in another class

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott
Every highlight (from NFL.com) show a couple every highlight (w/ the exception of his first TD....) but the great thing it always showed the defensive guys from Cleveland and they just had this look....a look of "what in the hell do we have to do?" Just absolute helplessness......I think it's something we should be prepared to see....for some time........
What amazes me, is that he did the same thing to AZ and GB. 2 very good D's.

jap

Legend
Steve Jackson never had that type of balance. SJ had horrible balance when he first arrived, and he never ran at the proper pad level until Stephen Davis showed him how to in 2006, which greatly improved his balance and led to SJ exploding for his best season ever.

TGII is much closer to Eric "the Great" Dickerson than SJ, although ED was probably faster. ED was the fastest of the top runners of his era at 4.3 in the 40, faster than a young Barry Sanders.

Last edited:

Rambitious1

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tom
How many did that guy shred today? The vast majority of his yards came after contact. He clearly feels much better without the knee brace. Great game today, go Rams!

How many?...

Answer=a lot.
:sneaky:

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
I can't wait until we start setting up some decent screen passes for him. Getting him in open space to let him gain a head of steam is going to be a beautiful thing.

RamzFanz

Damnit
it's almost like watching #39 out there in his prime. beautiful thing to watch

Jackson? Dude, SJ39 never had games like this. Not downplaying him, but he isn't even in the TG tier. 6.0 and 433 yards in 3 games against 2 of 3 very good defenses? I doubt SJ39 ever did that in 11 seasons.

But, yes, SJ39 had his amazing moments. He just never stiff armed, broke tackles, or leaped players like this.

RamzFanz

Damnit
I can't wait until we start setting up some decent screen passes for him. Getting him in open space to let him gain a head of steam is going to be a beautiful thing.

TG and TA both. They could go downfield 5-8 times a game for honesty and just feed these two at, or near, the LOS with some blocking, all game every game. No one ever knowing who is getting the ball.

TG is at 6 YPC (my god) and he is STILL dwarfed by TA's YPC. NOT for a season, for a FOUR SEASON career!

Give them the damn ball! Snisher stole Gurley, but they paid a lot for TA and just won't use him. I so hope they wake up to the fact that they have two stars.

If they don't use TA, it's on Fisher. 5 touches a game is a nightmare. Just a moronic failure. ANY offensive minded team gets TA the ball 10+ times a game.

Last edited:

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
TG and TA both. They could go downfield 5-8 times a game for honesty and just feed these two at, or near, the LOS with some blocking, all game every game. No one ever knowing who is getting the ball.

TG is at 6 YPC (my god) and he is STILL dwarfed by TA's YPC. NOT for a season, for a FOUR SEASON career!

Give them the damn ball! Snisher stole Gurley, but they paid a lot for TA and just won't use him. I so hope they wake up to the fact that they have two stars.

If they don't use TA, it's on Fisher. 5 touches a game is a nightmare. Just a moronic failure.

Are you seriously comparing the YPC of a workhorse RB to that of a receiver who gets like 2 sweeps a game? That's retarded. I agree they need to get Tavon the ball more but the more Austin runs the lower that YPC will go.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Keep in mind he had 128 rushing yards.

That's 76% of his rushing yards, after contact.
kramer-yeah.gif

RamzFanz

Damnit
Are you seriously comparing the YPC of a workhorse RB to that of a receiver who gets like 2 sweeps a game? That's retarded. I agree they need to get Tavon the ball more but the more Austin runs the lower that YPC will go.

You know, I will ignore the insult, only because you are always wrong.

Let me make my position clear, TA is NOT just a RB. Nor is he just a WR. Nor is he just a blocker.

He kicks ASS at all three because he's a bad ass football player who just drives to win. A little mini-badass with a drive that makes the Cooks of the world look worthles

He's a tiny fuck who will kill a team if you just give him the damned ball. GIVE HIM THE FUCKING BALL.

NOT using TA more than 5 times a game, when he is massively successful, is the most retarded, moronic, idiotic, horrifically stupid thing I've ever experienced in football. WTF? Seriously? What team FUCKS their most accomplished player who is in on every play?

When they give TA the ball 20-30 times a game, THEN you can compare him to Gurley. FUCK, give it to him 10 times for fucks sake! TEN! A THIRD! He will match Gurley with just 10 touches, just do it and see.

TA is a star and the Rams are fucking him and us. YOU don't get to pretend he's NOT the best player until they give him a FUCKING shot at playing.

Gurley is a badass. TA is BETTER until he's proven he's not. Better at PR, better at rushing, better at pass catching, and better at blocking. Let me know when TG beats TA at anything, and I will celebrate with you IF they are giving them an equal shot.

Tavon is 8.6 YPC this season and 8.4 career. Anyone who thinks that isn't fucking amazing, and shouldn't be used more, is just a clown.

How the fuck did we reach the point of downplaying TA and supporting Cook? Who is next to worthless? I mean, out of TC, we really thought Cook would do something, but this is 6 games in, and he sucks. Like just horrible. TA is making a name for himself and he is ignored?

Last edited:

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Gurley exceeded my high expectations for him. HIm and Levon Bell are the two best. Gurley will play better....he hasn't hit his stride yet. Dickerson might be a more special runner, but I might take Gurley over a 16 game schedule (healthy)

Our Defense is top 5 against top 10 teams....and might get better...hope Ogletree comes back healthy late in the season

The Rams passing offense looks like high school circa 1992 or Nebraska 1970's. I think teams will be catching on to that soon....and they really need to win 3 out of the next 4 games to go to playoffs. Can the Rams win 10 games with this offense. If they D steps up every game, maybe!

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
This dude is fun to watch. That cutback on the 2nd TD was brilliant. Corner about rolled his ankles. Game over.

jjab360

Legend
You know, I will ignore the insult, only because you are always wrong.

Let me make my position clear, TA is NOT just a RB. Nor is he just a WR. Nor is he just a blocker.

He kicks ASS at all three because he's a bad ass football player who just drives to win. A little mini-badass with a drive that makes the Cooks of the world look worthles

He's a tiny freak who will kill a team if you just give him the damned ball. GIVE HIM THE freaking BALL.

NOT using TA more than 5 times a game, when he is massively successful, is the most retarded, moronic, idiotic, horrifically stupid thing I've ever experienced in football. WTF? Seriously? What team FUCKS their most accomplished player who is in on every play?

When they give TA the ball 20-30 times a game, THEN you can compare him to Gurley. freak, give it to him 10 times for fucks sake! TEN! A THIRD! He will match Gurley with just 10 touches, just do it and see.

TA is a star and the Rams are freaking him and us. YOU don't get to pretend he's NOT the best player until they give him a freaking shot at playing.

Gurley is a badass. TA is BETTER until he's proven he's not. Better at PR, better at rushing, better at pass catching, and better at blocking. Let me know when TG beats TA at anything, and I will celebrate with you IF they are giving them an equal shot.

Tavon is 8.6 YPC this season and 8.4 career. Anyone who thinks that isn't freaking amazing, and shouldn't be used more, is just a clown.

How the freak did we reach the point of downplaying TA and supporting Cook? Who is next to worthless? I mean, out of TC, we really thought Cook would do something, but this is 6 games in, and he sucks. Like just horrible. TA is making a name for himself and he is ignored?
I can't tell if you're joking or not, but there's a whole lot of nonsense mixed in there lol.

Tavon our best player? Better at running than Gurley? C'mon man...

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
The kid is unreal, defenders just pour off of him like rain water. Watching him run is like watching somebody spam the truck stick in Madden, it's almost unbelievable.

F. Mulder

Starter
What he, and other above average backs do, is take a blah play and you look up and he got 4 yards out of it. Lynch, and others always seemed to fall forward and get that extra hidden yard you don't notice until the end of the play. Counter that with some of the RB play I've witnessed from this team previously where you could see clear lanes developing but at the end of the play it ends up being just a 3 yard gain when it looked like it would be so much more as it was developing.

The thing about Gurley, and other guys like AP in his prime etc, is that teams WOULD stop them. Sometimes they would stop them over and over again. I remember the Rams shutting AP down in the dome a few years ago. HOWEVER, you just fear at some point the dam is going to break and that's what Gurley does, he only needs 1-2 big runs to change the complexion of a game. In fact that's just what AP did vs the Rams and pretty much put the game away despite the Rams early success at stopping him.

You just have to keep getting him the ball and at some point you know something big is going to happen.

NateDawg122

Pro Bowler
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I can't tell if you're joking or not, but there's a whole lot of nonsense mixed in there lol.

Tavon our best player? Better at running than Gurley? C'mon man...

At least someone else sees this craziness, lol.