How is Cook still getting playing time???

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I said Cap Hit, which ultimately is what matters most, or what affects team most.

http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/st.-louis-rams/lance-kendricks/
2015 Cap hit 5.6 mill
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/st.-louis-rams/jared-cook/
2015 Cap hit 8.3 mill

They arent being paid that drastically different.

Which of course isnt my point, I dont see why Kendricks is getting such a pass when his play has been poor.
His blocking has been awful and he's dropped his share
Well, I guess we'll have to agree to disagree.

I see a guy who has less TDs but gets paid close to double the other guy.

I think you are in the minority when it comes to thinking he's a good blocker too... or, that Kendricks is an awful blocker.

Seems we're not watching the same players.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Watch the all 22 of run blocking and tell me who is better. Cook made some big blocks for Gurley
I was pumped for Cook and have been supporting the guy. This year he has been awful no doubt, but it boggles my mind that folks are pointing to Kendricks as an upgrade. He has gotten worse each year he's been here

Heck, sign Bayer off of San Diego practice squad and pair him with Harkey. That would be an upgrade.

Deciding who is better between Cook and Kendricks is like deciding who is hotter, Rosanne Barr or Rosie O'Donnell

Kendricks.

tavian

Not me.I am waaaay uglier

I dont think we have the option to like our own posts here or I
woud have already.
I have impressed myself that much.

junkman

Farewell to all!
Name
junkman
Like I said earlier he has been blocking way better than we give him credit for A receiving TE that is better than the top 60% in blocking. RARE.

I know I quoted some PFF stats back on page 2 of this thread that said Cook was a better than average blocker. But you still see plays from Cook where he earns his "not caring" / "low effort" labels. I was rewatching the Packers game and one play that stood out to me was the 2nd half play where they ran Tavon on an end around to Cook's side on 3rd and 2 (just before the Hekker pass). It was Cook's guy that busted up the play when Cook pretty much just let him go, perhaps to get onto the next guy?? This is one of those situations where you kinda hope that the WR will get on his block and stay on his block as best he can. Cook just failed miserably. 4th down.

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
I know I quoted some PFF stats back on page 2 of this thread that said Cook was a better than average blocker. But you still see plays from Cook where he earns his "not caring" / "low effort" labels. I was rewatching the Packers game and one play that stood out to me was the 2nd half play where they ran Tavon on an end around to Cook's side on 3rd and 2 (just before the Hekker pass). It was Cook's guy that busted up the play when Cook pretty much just let him go, perhaps to get onto the next guy?? This is one of those situations where you kinda hope that the WR will get on his block and stay on his block as best he can. Cook just failed miserably. 4th down.

I hear what you are saying, but not sure I agree. I have only gone through the 1st quarter of the All 22. When I complete my review I will address your comments.

Thanks