How is Cook still getting playing time???

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

FrantikRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I hope one change that's made while we're on a bye is that we just make Cook inactive. Let's go into the games with Kendricks and Harkey, and screw Cook.

We're watching the game yesterday, and my brother, my dad and I all were cursing Cook.....for the 3rd straight game. My fiancée says "why does he still play? You guys seem to really not like him..."

What an astute observation - why the HELL is this guy still playing? I typically don't criticize coaches, but I can't get this one. The ONLY possible explanation was that he is Foles favorite guy. I really hope they just bench him going forward. On 3rd and longs, let's get Tavon, Quick, Stedman, Britt and Benny on the field - that would be our best possible "sure passing situation" combo. On 1st and 2nd downs, have either Kendricks or Harkey or both.

Coach...please please please bench or deactivate this guy.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
I think we scored one td yesterday correct....On that drive, the longest play was a defensive pass interference...drawn by Jared Cook....

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
what's sad is that if the DB had just left him alone, he wouldn't have caught the ball because the ball was almost a yard past him...

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Because nance kendriks is the alternative

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
My biggest problem with Cook is if a defender is physical with him there is 0% chance that he catches the ball. When the Defense loses track of him He's wide open but he drops the ball! This circus needs to stop. Cook brings nothing to the table as a blocker and if the play is not coming his way he mails it in. Tavon and Bailey need to be used exclusively in the slot. Keep Harkey and Kendricks in for blocking and pass protection. Run this offense completely through Gurley and max protect Foles. Oline needs to play more physical also.

Barrison

Hall of Fame
Name
Barry
If he wasn't one of Fishers Titans I feel like he would have already lost his job but due to the contract he signed and being one of Fishers favorites his job security probably isn't even in question.

Ramhusker

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bo Bowen
Does anyone know why he stopped his route on the Pick 6 Foles threw? I can't help but think that just would have been an incomplete pass otherwise.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I think we scored one td yesterday correct....On that drive, the longest play was a defensive pass interference...drawn by Jared Cook....
Funny that even on that, it looked like he drew it because he slowed down at the end of the play.

I'd be fine with sitting Britt and Cook. Even though Quick dropped that one, he looks more active, is a better blocker, and win jump balls.

A.J. Hicks

Hall of Fame
Name
zoomy
Does anyone know why he stopped his route on the Pick 6 Foles threw? I can't help but think that just would have been an incomplete pass otherwise.

When I re-watch that play. . . haven't done so on All-22 yet. . . but I can't help but feel he saw Foles getting hit and just stopped. He was done on the play and figured it was a sack. The guy is so frustrating!

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Know what's kinda funny?

Previously, I had suggested that Fisher sit Cook for a series, or two.

Just to send a message and make a statement to the rest of the team.

And I got lambasted for my trouble.

I still think it would be a good move. I mean, what would we be losing, exactly?

Schmitzer

UDFA
Also on another drop he wasn't even looking at the QB as the ball was being delivered.

Not a good blocker, not physical, bad hands. Exactly what are his strengths?

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
After watching Tyler Eifert for the Bengals, I really loathe how lazy Cook has become.

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert
Just watched the condensed version on NFl.com.

Cook had no drops (only two drops were by Britt in the first half and Quick in the second half). The 5 targets to Cook were 1) contested ball on 3rd down where the DB made a good play, 2) a screen play with Foles under pressure threw the ball behind him & into the ground 3) the pick six ball were it appeared to me that Cook was trying to the right thing and squat on the crossing route due to zone coverage 4) the PI penalty and 5) the 3rd down catch he made right after the Quick drop. He also had some good blocks on a couple of Gurley's big runs.

V3

Hall of Fame
How many drives have stalled due to him dropping a pass, missing a block, getting a bonehead penalty, etc? I'm not sure there's a net positive with him in the lineup....not in most games anymore at least.

Fatbot

Pro Bowler
Exactly what are his strengths?
In the last 10 years the list of TEs that have had 140 yards and 2 TDs in a game are:
-Gronk
-J.Graham
-T.Gonzalez
-A.Gates
-V.Davis
-J.Cook

That AZ game 3 years ago was a huge statistical outlier, but when you ask what are his strengths, that's what the Rams have been supposedly trying to get out of him all this time to justify that contract.

Orchid

Starter
Name
Obert

On the pick six ball were it appeared to me that Cook was trying to the right thing and squat on the crossing route due to zone coverage. There were 2 GB defenders who would have got there first . Pass was late and wide.

V3

Hall of Fame
I just find it peculiar that Fisher says that if Pead made any more mistakes, it was his own fault. Why doesn't the same logic apply to Cook?

beej

Rookie
There was a play where TA was running a sweep to the left side. Cook was blocking for him. Cook left his guy to go block another guy but TA still hadn't made it past the first guy that Cook was blocking. so once cook left his block that guy tackled TA in the backfield. frustrating! I don't really want to hate on the guy, because I don't know the assignments or the playbook. But that at least looked obvious to me. He seems like a guy with all the tools but he is either missing smarts or drive. I'm not sure which. but it seems like one of those 2. maybe both. he is sure not lacking in athletic ability.