How good was TruJo this year?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

NERamsFan

Pro Bowler
Am I the only one who thinks regardless if we sin him or not, we still need a CB early in the draft? I don’t trust Webster as our #2, he’s too grabby and injured.

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Tru is more than a "good" CB. Those of you labeling him that are undervaluing him. Webster is a "good" corner back. Tru is more. He is very good - arguably great - but he's note elite. My worry is he will want elite money.

He has consistently shown the ability to come up with big interceptions. He marks other teams #1 WRs on most (not all) occasions and does well. He has the length to combat bigger receivers. He is generally a sure tackler. There is a reason team do not target him very much.

However, he struggles with speedier WRs as people have mentioned. He is better in zone coverage than man-to-man, which might not be ideal for a Wade Phillips system. He has also been injury prone in the past.

Sign him if the money is right. If not move on. I am worried he will want elite dollars. Let's save the elite dollars for our players that actually *are* elite and will need contracts soon, like Donald and Gurley. Or players that might not ever be elite, but are very good, and play positions you can't easily replace (see: Goff). We can draft or sign new CBs.

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
However, he struggles with speedier WRs as people have mentioned. He is better in zone coverage than man-to-man, which might not be ideal for a Wade Phillips system. He has also been injury prone in the past.

These are the exact reasons that he may not be re-signed. In Wade we trust, he knows what he wants in a CB and that will determine Tru's future with this team.