How good is our roster ?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
I think we have a top 10 team on paper, but they are very young and make too many mistakes. Most people don't see it this way though, I think a coach would jump on a chance to coach this much talen. What do you guys honestly think ? Are we a playoff team with new leadership ? Or are we years away still ?

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
When the players are not coached effectively and the schemes lack any real ingenuity, it makes determining the real talent level (guys like Donald nothwithstanding) very hard.

If we get an established, successful HC, I think we'll get our answer.

If it's a rook HC, it may remain a mystery.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
I don't see this as a top 10 team on paper at all. Too many holes in the roster. Not least of which is pretty much the ENTIRE offensive line. We have an unproven QB and an underachieving RB. Granted, a better OL may change those 2 factors. Moving on, we have an unproven secondary. No depth at LB. Sub par WRs.....wow, this got depressing quickly. At least our punter kicks ass.....Oh, and we still have Aaron Donald. So there's that.

LARams_1963

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
greg
When the players are not coached effectively and the schemes lack any real ingenuity, it makes determining the real talent level (guys like Donald nothwithstanding) very hard.

If we get an established, successful HC, I think we'll get our answer.

If it's a rook HC, it may remain a mystery.

That about sums it up....

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Usually the player flux increases during coaching changes so we should expect to see a lot of new faces.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
It's a good question and one none of us have the answer to. I think they are lacking on fundamentals, however, not to mention I don't think Fish challenged them enough, and that held back some of the talent on this roster from showing what they could do.

If that's true there is a chance a top coach can turn this thing around relatively quickly. They'll need a good FA period and draft to shore up some holes and depth, but yeah.

TexasRam

Legend
When your offense is dead last you are not a top 10 roster.

Our talent level is below average at the following positions:

Wr #1
Wr#2
LT
C
RG
DE
Safety

This is how I rate every Player going into an offseason strategy:

Britt - hands of stone. Need to replace.

Quick - See above.

Tavon - playmaker when used right. Keep.

Gurley - needs a better oline. Keep.

Goff - Shows huge potential. Keep.

Robinson - complete bust. Replace ASAP.

Saffold - solid to above average when healthy. Keep.

Reynolds - bring back.

Barnes - Below average. Replace.

Wichmann - below average. Replace.

Brown- average. Keep for depth.

Havenstein - down year but very solid last year. Keep.

Kendricks - above average. Keep.

Quinn - huge down year. Keep based on past years and age.

Brockers - keep

Donald - replace. Joking.

Hayes - replace with youth.

Ogletree - keep

Barron - Keep

Alexander - replace

TJ - try to keep

Gaines - keep. Down year but high ceiling and young.

Tru- keep

Joyner and Hill - keep.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
When your offense is dead last you are not a top 10 roster.

Our talent level is below average at the following positions:

Wr #1
Wr#2
LT
C
RG
DE
Safety

This is how I rate every Player going into an offseason strategy:

Britt - hands of stone. Need to replace.

Quick - See above.

Tavon - playmaker when used right. Keep.

Gurley - needs a better oline. Keep.

Goff - Shows huge potential. Keep.

Robinson - complete bust. Replace ASAP.

Saffold - solid to above average when healthy. Keep.

Reynolds - bring back.

Brockers - keep

Ogletree - keep

Barron - Keep

Alexander - replace

TJ - try to keep

Tru- keep

Joyner and Hill - keep.

I disagree with the bolded parts. I know your stance on Robinson, and I'll agree to disagree.

If you can get a pick for Kendricks, I feel that you take it. If you can get a first for Quinn, you take it. Saffold is arguably playing worse than any of our linemen. I'd switch Alexander and T.J. Mac. I love T.J. as a player, but he's a free agent, and Alexander isn't. Reynolds was an upgrade, but I'd rather go for Ronald Leary of the Cowgirls before signing him.

As for Hill. Fuck him. I hate drunk drivers. I realize that Tru and Quinn are also drunk drivers, and I haven't forgotten. But Hill drove drunk right before an important game where we lost due to him sitting him out.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Ask this question again after we see who/how they respond over the next three weeks!!(y)We'll see who the Keepers are!!:shades:

RedRam

Pro Bowler
How good is our roster?

Well, as it stands right now, the roster is 4-9 good/bad.

Dieter the Brock

Fourth responder
Reynolds - bring back.

Brockers - keep

Ogletree - keep

Barron - Keep

Alexander - replace

TJ - try to keep

Tru- keep

Joyner and Hill - keep.

Reynolds is not on the team

His absence though has been huge in out Oline - last season he was my favorite offensive lineman. Currently a FA

image.jpeg

Ramstien

Hall of Fame
Name
Ramstien
Disagree on Hayes, Alexander, and Kendricks. Keep Hayes and Alexander and say good by to Kendricks.

JackDRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Jack
Never understood this.Whatever the reason,It wasn't a lack of talent.
Reynolds was as solid as anyone on the line last year.
Edit: Diggin the avatar Dieter

Pretty sure he's injured and they waived him with that designation.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Well, we can't just dismiss players outright without solid replacement players to fill in. I'd be looking at contracts vs production and future free agents not necessarily worth bringing back. My list of potential cuts, both CAP cuts and allowing certain free agents to move on : TJ McDonald, Britt, Quick, Chase Reynolds, Cam Thomas, Rhaney, Keenum, Pace Murphy, Saffold, Barnes, Sims, Mason, Harkey & Westbrooks.

I'm guessing our next coach may revert back to a more traditional LB corps, pushing Barron back into more of a SS role while bringing on a bigger OLB, and this makes TJ redundant. Should the Rams pick up a free agent WR like Jeffery, then both Britt & Quick are unnecessary with Austin and our many young receivers which could be promoted. Since I have our O-Line as our weakest unit on the team, big changes must be made if we want Goff & Gurley getting on track. jmo.

FRO

Legend
I would rank the Rams roster right around 20-25 range. Not an embarrassing bad roster, but not a playoff roster. Team is really bad on offense talent wise and scheme wise. Gurley is going to have to regain form. I believe with better line play he can and will. Goff has to produce. Talent is there and you hope with better talent and scheme around him the production will be as well.

Defensively there is talent there, but there are starting to become more uncertainties. Will Quinn ever regain form. If not you have a huge DE problem because Hayes isn't getting younger. Secondary is weak and with two of the best players becoming free agents it becomes an even bigger concern.

The Rams will have to be big time players in free agency this offseason. Without a first round pick it will be very difficult to add immediate impact players in the draft. Even if the coaching and scheme is much better this is a 6-10/8-8 roster.

UKram

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I personally think that are three maybe four players that are pretty much a lock to stay

Goff
Donald
Tavon
Gurley

I say tavon because of the contract and I think if used correctly can be a dynamic player
Gurley if we got a decent offer for a trade (a 1st and third or a first and decent player ) I'd consider letting him go (he is probably the only offensive player who would have any value and trust me I love me some TG but I love the Rams more and we need to do Whatever it takes to make this team better )

Everyone else is susceptible to cuts trade or not resigning (although I think the rooks deserve a shot coop spruce higs and Hemingway )

I'm not saying we need to blow this team up (more of a fresh start ) but whoever the new HC is will need To hit the ground running in FA and the draft