How about Eric Decker? Signs with Titans

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Would think Decker is looking to go to a playoff team with a vet QB, as we would like to get his career back on track. That is not the rams.
Looks like he might be heading to Cleveland though....

Ram65

Legend
One year deal. Guess it be around 3 to 4 Milllion. Tennesee makes sense
Rams dodnt have much of a chance. Final answer 3.65 Million.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Ram65

Legend

LOL forgot the incentive disclaimer I usually put in. A must with coming back from injury. With the incentives he gets close to Macklin 5.5 Million per year on two year deal. The Titans make a lot of sense. I get the feeling the Rams aren't looking to sign a WR. No mention of the Rams on either Decker or Macklin.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
LOL forgot the incentive disclaimer I usually put in. A must with coming back from injury. With the incentives he gets close to Macklin 5.5 Million per year on two year deal. The Titans make a lot of sense. I get the feeling the Rams aren't looking to sign a WR. No mention of the Rams on either Decker or Macklin.
Decker's signing seems a little bit of a mercy signing. If I read it correct, he's got 2.5 mill and needs to be on the final 53 to pick up the additional 1.35. That's as low risk as it gets.
I guess the thing we'll never know is what they *might* have done had they not signed Woods.
I wouldn't have wanted either, think they'd have taken reps away from the guys we have
TC cant get here soon enough....

Ram65

Legend
Decker's signing seems a little bit of a mercy signing. If I read it correct, he's got 2.5 mill and needs to be on the final 53 to pick up the additional 1.35. That's as low risk as it gets.
I guess the thing we'll never know is what they *might* have done had they not signed Woods.
I wouldn't have wanted either, think they'd have taken reps away from the guys we have
TC cant get here soon enough....

You are reading it correctly.
http://www.spotrac.com/nfl/tennessee-titans/eric-decker-6595/

Eric Decker signed a 1 year, $3,850,000 contract with the Tennessee Titans, including a $2,500,000 signing bonus, $2,500,000 guaranteed, and an average annual salary of $3,850,000. In 2017, Decker will earn a base salary of $1,350,000 and a signing bonus of $2,500,000, while carrying a cap hit of $3,850,000 and a dead cap value of $2,500,000.

Mercy or good deal for both parties?

Considering the two surgeries that Decker had this off season, both parties have some protection and some risk. The Titans have the 2.5 M up front risk should Decker get another injury that effects making the roster and only the 3.85 M for the season. They both share the bonus risk and would be happy if he makes it. Decker takes less money upfront to prove himself before and after the season. If he balls out to 800-1000 yards and 10 TD it becomes a really good deal and he gets paid. (Don't know the incentives but, assume he would get them with these numbers.)

I do see how having another veteran could be a help to Goff. I'm told the Rams could find the money but, why spend more when they have Woods and invested in him. I was leaning toward not wanted either Decker or Macklin for a year or two. If the Rams were closer to being a SB contender I wouldn't mind this deal. Instead they need to see what they have and go from there.