His source was right on Wagner... Rumor: Rams/Mathieu

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Tyrann would be a nice edition
You mean like this?
1649778260207.png

:hide:

dang

Legend
Hicks just makes no sense for the Rams right now,

I think Rams are more focused on CB and edge. And I suspect that they want to get something done before the damned draft.
They don’t need to get anything done before the Draft. In fact they probably want to wait until after the Draft to save comp picks. Vets who want to come on board to the Rams (vs those that feel the need to grab the most $$ now) understand that so I don’t see anything before the draft (but wtf do I know).

Rams43

Hall of Fame
They don’t need to get anything done before the Draft. In fact they probably want to wait until after the Draft to save comp picks. Vets who want to come on board to the Rams (vs those that feel the need to grab the most $$ now) understand that so I don’t see anything before the draft (but wtf do I know).
You may be right, dang.

There would be certain advantages to waiting until after the draft.

But Snead does have a history of plugging holes BEFORE the draft. Gives him more freedom to pursue value rather than feel forced to make a ‘need’ pick. This policy has served him well and makes most sense to me.

So, we’ll see…

OntarioRam

Hall of Fame
Hicks as a rotational player, making rotational money, would be outstanding. I am sceptical if he would sign for that. But if his market runs dry, and he wants a Super Bowl, maybe we get lucky....

ReekofRams

Hall of Fame
Name
Reek
Hicks, if added, at least won’t make the team worse, and maybe he’ll even make the team a little better. So don’t fret whether we get him or not, as it’s really nothing that should get your panties in a wad.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I sure would hope that this TC & pre-season Coach Henderson can get DT Mountain Man Bobby Brown up to speed! Seems to be to greatly assist the ongoing concerns on the edge.

If the under 6-1/260 pound aging Aaron Donald can step a few feet to his right to play the RDE in a standard 43 then throw in the over 6-5 262 plus LBs ER Terrell Lewis, (who was having big issues in moving reversely & changing directions in coverage on his bad knee playing OLB'er) placed in the back up position to Donald @ DE that side just might cause some serious issues to the opponents left OL. ER Lewis was not having all those issues pushing forward on that knee.

"Elite DT athlete in the 2021 NFL Draft was defensive tackle Bobby Brown III, who had a top-25 ranking going back to 1987."

View: https://twitter.com/MathBomb/status/1388533685562060803?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1388533685562060803%7Ctwgr%5E%7Ctwcon%5Es1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.turfshowtimes.com%2F2022%2F4%2F12%2F23020995%2Ffastest-players-rams-2022-nfl-draft

Last edited:

Allen2McVay

Legend
Name
Jim
If the Rams add Akiem Hicks, it could indicate the coaches are not confident in Bobby Brown for 2022.

Assuming perfect health, the Rams don't really need a 4th D-Lineman beyond Donald, Gaines and Robinson. One is out (usually Robinson) fifty-percent of the time. Without injury, those three could rotate and play pretty-much ALL the DL-snaps. Now, of course, injuries are part of the game, and the Rams will want to keep the top three (especially Donald) fresh.

So the Rams will want and need depth. Based on who was on the 53, and active last season, the top reserves would be Copeland, Hoecht and Brown, with Jonah Williams and Earnest Brown in the mix. The Rams don't have room for all five of those players. They would really just need two of the five to fill reserve roles.

If the Rams add Hicks, I am guessing the coaches do not hold that above group of five in high-regard.

B-T-W, I have been a huge fan of Akiem Hicks for years. Just not sure if his best ball is behind him.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
If the Rams add Akiem Hicks, it could indicate the coaches are not confident in Bobby Brown for 2022.

Assuming perfect health, the Rams don't really need a 4th D-Lineman beyond Donald, Gaines and Robinson. One is out (usually Robinson) fifty-percent of the time. Without injury, those three could rotate and play pretty-much ALL the DL-snaps. Now, of course, injuries are part of the game, and the Rams will want to keep the top three (especially Donald) fresh.

So the Rams will want and need depth. Based on who was on the 53, and active last season, the top reserves would be Copeland, Hoecht and Brown, with Jonah Williams and Earnest Brown in the mix. The Rams don't have room for all five of those players. They would really just need two of the five to fill reserve roles.

If the Rams add Hicks, I am guessing the coaches do not hold that above group of five in high-regard.

B-T-W, I have been a huge fan of Akiem Hicks for years. Just not sure if his best ball is behind him.
Yep Brown sure had his issues staying healthy for TC & preseason during his rookie season. Early in Training Camp, 20 yr old Bobby Brown suffered a torn UCL in his thumb that required surgery. He was placed in a cast. Brown was unable to return to practice until Aug 10th, 2021. The Cast came off on September the 10th 2021. Then in the last pre-season game, Brown suffered an injury to his knee.

Never seemed to get back into action until mid-season. By that time Copeland & Hoecth has taken over the reserve, DT snaps to Donald/ Gaines/ Robinson/ Sebastian Day.

Last edited:

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
But Snead does have a history of plugging holes BEFORE the draft. Gives him more freedom to pursue value rather than feel forced to make a ‘need’ pick. This policy has served him well and makes most sense to me.
With where we're drafting, I highly doubt it will affect anything Snead does other than - as mentioned above - holding off to preserve comp picks. But even then, if they see someone who can really help us, they are not going to allow another team to swoop in and grab him unless he's already out of reach $ wise. Wags/Robinson was our big FA splash.

I would love to see us pick up a starter at #108 or later but I think we are more looking at depth and players that will take a couple years to develop. And the remaining FAs probably don't change our direction much if at all.

Of course I reserve the right to be wrong.

KA210927

Rookie
Name
Kevin
Ramsey responded to Mathieu on Twitter this morning and Mathieu retweeted it... hoping we hear some
big news soon!

ArkyRamsFan

Pro Bowler
dang,
How does waiting until after the Draft save on comp picks? Seems to me that it wouldn't matter when you sign a player at first glance.

~ArkyRamsFan~

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
dang,
How does waiting until after the Draft save on comp picks? Seems to me that it wouldn't matter when you sign a player at first glance.

~ArkyRamsFan~
After May 4th teams are not awarded comp picks for their free agents signing with other teams.

So a team signing the free agents after May 4th does not have comp picks taken away either