Hill to start at QB

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Zaphod

Hall of Fame
I really, really wished for this against the Eagles. Oh well, it will be interesting to see if they do anything differently on offense.

Wouldn't it have been smarter just to surprise the Broncos with a different starting quarterback though?

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Lol. I never thought of Jeff as a guy who says one thing, and does another....but this is the third? time he's gone back on his word this season. Maybe he really does put winning above his own stubbornness.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
Lol. I never thought of Jeff as a guy who says one thing, and does another....but this is the third? time he's gone back on his word this season. Maybe he really does put winning above his own stubbornness.

Everything any NFL coach says before or after a game has to be taken with a grain of salt. Fisher is no different. The only thing that surprises me is that he didn't wait until right before game time in order to give us a slight advantage.

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Everything any NFL coach says before or after a game has to be taken with a grain of salt. Fisher is no different. The only thing that surprises me is that he didn't wait until right before game time in order to give us a slight advantage.

The media probably would have gave it away anyway whenever they saw that Hill was getting all the first team reps in practice.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
The media probably would have gave it away anyway whenever they saw that Hill was getting all the first team reps in practice.

True.

Didn't Les Snead at one point say the Rams were going to copy the way the Patriots do their business? Belichick is the master of subterfuge. Be quiet Jeff but don't wear a hoodie. :cool:

fancents86

Starter
Imagine if Hill wins us out the rest of the season. Just thinking about what our season would have/could have been if he came back in after injury would be pretty depressing. BUT, no need to harp on something that hasn't happened. Looking forward to sunday for a change!!

RamsJunkie

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!
Imagine if Hill wins us out the rest of the season. Just thinking about what our season would have/could have been if he came back in after injury would be pretty depressing. BUT, no need to harp on something that hasn't happened. Looking forward to sunday for a change!!

If we can somehow pull out a win this week I think we can get back in this race. its a long shot but the D is on fire right now and if hill can come in and give the O a spark with the schedule getting easier I think we can go on a nice little winning streak and who knows!

dbrooks25

Pro Bowler
If we can somehow pull out a win this week I think we can get back in this race. its a long shot but the D is on fire right now and if hill can come in and give the O a spark with the schedule getting easier I think we can go on a nice little winning streak and who knows!
At the very least we can finish out the season strong if this happens and gain some steam going into the offseason.

Robocop

Pro Bowler
Name
J.
Tavon should bake Hill a cake. get on his good side might actually get some targets in the game

RamzFanz

Damnit
Fisher just admitted his mistake for all practical purposes. That's hard to do. He deserves credit.

Of course I'm bummed he waited so long but at least there is hope for a winning season now.

Dare we hope for a WC spot? No...lol...not yet...but if Rams beat Denver with Hill - HOMER MODE ACTIVATE - GAME ON! (y)

Dr C. Hill

Rookie
Name
Doc

If that were the case, his 20 year career record might be a little better. This could be about the heat getting turned up on him.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If Hill comes in there and sucks (and really Denver was not the game to put him into for that not to happen), I think you can officially put me in the "We need a new coach" camp. To make the remarks he did, then flip flop like that was NOT the way to handle this.

With it happening this way, you might as well put a question mark on the thread title since he could just as easily change his mind again. All we know for sure is that Hekker won't be starting as QB.

The indecisiveness is concerning to me.

And it's become a trend now.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...in-davis-shaun-hill-to-start-sunday/#comments

Report: Rams bench Austin Davis, Shaun Hill to start Sunday
Posted by Michael David Smith on November 12, 2014

cd0ymzcznguwzdbhnduynddiytjhm2yyzthlmtjjotqwyyznptzjyjvhy2u5zjc2zjbjy2yxnwi3zgniytdhmji2nwfj1-e1410485795750.jpeg
AP

So much for Austin Davis remaining the Rams’ starter.

After previously indicating that Davis would keep the starting job in St. Louis, Rams coach Jeff Fisher has reconsidered. According to Jim Thomas of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, Shaun Hill will start Sunday’s game against the Broncos.

Hill opened the season as the starter after Sam Bradford suffered a season-ending knee injury in the preseason. But after Hill suffered a Week One injury, Fisher gave the job to Davis and said Davis would keep the job even after Hill was completely healed.

Now Fisher has changed his mind. Davis has shown flashes of talent, but he has also made some big mistakes, including three fourth-quarter turnovers in Sunday’s loss to the Cardinals. Fisher wants a veteran he can trust not to make game-changing mistakes, and Fisher thinks Hill is the guy. At least for now.
---------
Fisher would rather see Hill get killed than Davis?
Fisher should sell used cars.
------
Rams need a fresh start…. Starting with a new coach, QB and possibly GM… Their o line also needs new players who are actually capable of learning the playbook…
--------
Might as well play the kid, you already know what you have in Shaun Hill.
-------
Well, that’s an interesting strategy for building and maintaining trust with your players…say that the starting QB is going to remain the starter and then bench him a few days later.
--------
I thought Davis was the next Brady?
-------
No a huge mistake, but a mistake nonetheless.
I personally liked what Austin Davis was doing from the few Rams games I saw.
--------
That’s just dumb. See what you have in Davis, the season isn’t going anywhere and Hill is not a part of their future. I shouldn’t be surprised though coming from Jeff Fisher.
----------
But…but…people were comparing him to a “young drew brees,” just a couple of weeks ago.
---------
Turning to Shaun Hill is as bad as it gets. I really feel for St. Louis. Do they have a William Penn building there or something?
--------
The single most overated coach in NFL history, the media likes Goatees and sunglasses more than actual coaching- never mind that he is the architect of bounty gate!
--------
Jeff no, just no. Davis has played pretty decently and you probably wont make the playoffs this year anyway, let him play it out.
---------
Rams have three QBs who aren’t the answer, and appear to be making a move to ensure they get a shot at one who might in the next draft.
--------
Someones playing for the first pick
--------
Austin Davis was an experiment. Bradford will be back next season with his final year, this year is basically being toyed with when your at loss at the quarterback position.
----------
Right. He’s the next Tom Brady or Kurt Warner. Brett Favre told us so from his tractor in Mississipi because… they both went to Southern Mississippi. Get a grip.
----------
Rams will bid to Marcus Mariota in 2015 draft
-------------
You trolls from other teams haven’t actually watched the Rams games. Who are you kidding with your two cents when you haven’t even seen the kid play? He’s overmatched and lost. He gets flustered under the pass rush. He’s not ready yet to helm this team.

Hill probably isn’t a huge upgrade but you have to think he’s been around long enough to maintain some poise under pressure (oh yes, there will be plenty of that with the Rams line playing the part of a sieve, letting in the rushers).
--------
If you think Austin Davis has played decently or doesn’t deserve getting benched then you have really big issues. They know what the have in Davis, a No. 3 QB. There is no reason to continue playing him.

Whoever compared him to anyone other than Trent Edwards doesn’t know what they’re talking about. Sorry

DCH

Madman with a box.
Name
Dewey
Best I can guess is that Davis is shell-shocked and needs to not get his ass kicked again. I'm not fan of his, but he's also not the same guy you saw five weeks ago - what happened to the guy who stepped up in the pocket? What happened to "Fuck you blitz, I'm not afraid of you!"?

Fastest Marc Bulgerization of all time? Or a young guy getting his ass whipped every week needing to get out of there and get his head right?

RamBill

Legend
Fisher reverses field, names Hill starting QB
• By Jim Thomas

http://www.stltoday.com/sports/foot...cle_20467087-9cf6-59f3-ba8a-a10fd0ab9e56.html

Two days after saying he was not contemplating a quarterback change, Jeff Fisher has reversed field. To wit, Shaun Hill will start at quarterback Sunday at the Edward Jones Dome against Peyton Manning and the Denver Bronco.

When all is said and done, this is a move to get more experience in at the position. Fisher informed the players of his decision during a team meeting earlier this morning.

Signed away from Detroit in free agency during the offseason, Hill was brought in to provide a veteran backup for Sam Bradford. And when Bradford went down for the season with a torn ACL in his left knee in an Aug. 23 preseason game in Cleveland, Hill moved in as the starter.

But Hill's tenure as the starter ended after only one half of the season opener. He suffered a thigh injury in the first half of the opener against Minnesota. Austin Davis took over in the second half of that game, and proceeded to start the next eight games.

After an impressive beginning, Davis' production began sliding and his turnovers mounting in recent games, including a murder's row of top 10 defenses that included San Francisco (twice), Seattle, and Kansas City.

Fisher gave him what came off as a lukewarm endorsement on Monday. He cited several areas that Davis needed to improve on, including getting the ball out more quickly. He said there were several opportunities to connect with open receivers in Sunday's 31-14 loss at Arizona.

In that contest, Davis threw two interceptions, one of which was returned for a touchdown in the fourth quarter. He had a lost fumble returned for another TD, turning what was a nip-and-tuck game into a 17-point loss.

Fisher seemingly left the door open a bit Monday in discussing Davis by saying: "He's working real hard, so we'll see where it goes."

In his first three starts _ against Tampa Bay, Dallas, and Philadelphia _ Davis completed 67.5 percent of his passes for 937 yards, six TDs, and two interceptions for a passer rating of 100.6.

In five games since then, Davis has completed 59.2 percent of his passes for 869 yards with six TDs, six INTs, and a passer rating of 73.4.

Hill, meanwhile, has played only one snap since that first half against Minnesota. He handed the ball off in the Rams' Nov. 9 game at San Francisco after Davis needed to readjust and refit a knee brace after a hard slide on a scramble.

tahoe

Pro Bowler
I will be very happy to not see Davis play again, sorry Austin you just dont have what it takes. That would mean that Hill would be playing pretty good and the rams are winning games.

rams56

Bleeding Rams Blue and Gold
Name
Steve
However this turns out for Hill and the Rams......I believe it is a good move to help Davis also. I believe that it is good for any young quarterback when struggling to step back and watch the offense work from the sideline. See the things he was missing in real time. And hopefully Hill sparks this team......

Go Rams......... ;)