Hill isn't a drop off versus Bradford IMO

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Selassie I

H. I. M.
Name
Haole
We are all going to find out exactly what Hill is going to bring to the offense in less than 2 weeks. Our decision makers decided he was our best option in case of a Bradford injury months ago. I have no doubt he'll be an improvement over Killer.

Being a run first offense should minimize the need for a gunslinger type of QB. I'm happy our offense is geared the way it is.

For me,,, the QB situation was really uncertain even if Sam was still available. I've put Sam in my rear view mirror now. I hope he has the desire to rehab his knee back into playing form... If he does, it won't be for the money. We'll see a year from now (after the next NFL Draft) where Sam's rehab and thoughts are. Way too far down the road for me to think about now.

Hill is our QB for now. I've got high hopes for him being able to perform at the level our offense asks of a QB. I really believe the drop off from Bradford to Hill may be a lot less than most expect.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Yeah, you must remember I was quick to get over Bradford being out this year. I don't think the differences are extreme mind you, it's more like the difference between Manning and Andrew Luck. The support thing I don't buy into, because Bradford never had Vernon Davis, Crabtree, and Megatron to throw to. Nor did he have Mike Martz as a tutor

But I do get where you're going with this.

Bradford has more talent/upside, sure, and a stronger arm. But this isn't about those two things. It's about production and Hill brings about the same as Bradford has in the past. In some ways one guy is a little better than the other and vice versa. But it isn't like the Rams are losing a huge amount of production here. It isn't like Hill is stepping in for Warner.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
PS the Manning to luck comparison was just to illustrate talent differential, not to compare them as players with Bradford and Hill

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Yeah, you must remember I was quick to get over Bradford being out this year. I don't think the differences are extreme mind you, it's more like the difference between Manning and Andrew Luck. The support thing I don't buy into, because Bradford never had Vernon Davis, Crabtree, and Megatron to throw to. Nor did he have Mike Martz as a tutor

But I do get where you're going with this.

I'm not going to let you turn this into a Martz thread.

Answer this if you would........is part of the reason you so quickly got over Bradford going down because Hill was the backup and not Clemens?

For me it was a huge part of it.

Now had they made a play for Sanchez, Vick or someone else I would have been less than pleased and would have send Username to STL to dick punch both Fisher and Snead. And maybe Demoff too for good measure and to make a point.

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I hope Shaun Hill actually is an excellent QB like Bradford. Fact is there is a very noticeable drop off in the two. Simply put, Hill has more limitations than Bradford. That surprises nobody, but it goes against the OP. Don't talk yourself into seeing things in a magic new light. We are not as good with Hill, but we could tweak our gameplan and that takes us far.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
I hope Shaun Hill actually is an excellent QB like Bradford. Fact is there is a very noticeable drop off in the two. Simply put, Hill has more limitations than Bradford. That surprises nobody, but it goes against the OP. Don't talk yourself into seeing things in a magic new light. We are not as good with Hill, but we could tweak our gameplan and that takes us far.

Name the limitations other than arm strength.

Pocket presence?

Reading defenses?

Touch on short passes and corner fades?

Leadership?

Grasp of the offense and terminology?

SO where are the big drop offs? I don't see them.

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion
1. Bradford has never been in a regular season game with as much talent as Hill had in SF and DET. That is sad to say but true.

Not so sure about that. Hill played on one of the worst teams in history with the Lions. The 9ers were not a good team when he was with them either. Jes sayin....

Faceplant

Still celebrating Superbowl LVI
Rams On Demand Sponsor
2023 ROD Pick'em Champion

HometownBoy

Hall of Fame
Name
Aaron
I'm all for talking up Hill, but it doesn't need to come at the expense of talking down Bradford.

The two aren't even in the same league, I'm fine with Hill over any of the other options, but the drop off is considerable.

RFIP

The drop off is monumental.

Perhaps you should go listen to Hills interview from a couple of days ago.

Let me calmly explain something to everyone here, Sam Bradford arrived last year in to a big time NFL QB and only ascended from there this PS.

Yes the knee is problematic and because of it everyone gets to dog on the guy for another 12 months but I pray to God he is released because knee and all I will prove his worth once and for all.

The eyes don't lie, his game is exploding and some team will benefit from it soon enough.

stlramscar

UDFA

Let me calmly explain something to everyone here, Sam Bradford arrived last year in to a big time NFL QB and only ascended from there this PS.

Yes the knee is problematic and because of it everyone gets to dog on the guy for another 12 months but I pray to God he is released because knee and all I will prove his worth once and for all.

The eyes don't lie, his game is exploding and some team will benefit from it soon enough.
whats the.drop off between bradford and hill?please.explain

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
whats the.drop off between bradford and hill?please.explain

i dont know what preseason games you guys are watching but hill has thrown behind or short on most of his passes. i like hill but he is going to have to adjust his longer throws or we are in trouble. its going to be all short stuff if not

stlramscar

UDFA

Perhaps you should go listen to Hills int from a couple of days ago.

big time NFL QB? when did that happen? and i know your gonna nring up his TD to INT ratio,but lets look at that closely. he had huge games against bad teams(Jacksonville) and he was horrible against good teams(Dallas and SF) and most of his TDs. came in garbage time when the game was already decided(Dallas,SF,Atlanta) ao lets stop acting as if Bradford was lighting up defense's

Last edited:

hilltime

UDFA
hill hasent been given a chance . this is his chance. Arm strenght isnt everything. so time will tell

stlramscar

UDFA
well considering hill really hasnt had that many attempts in freaking preseason,thats kind of weak

RaminExile

Hall of Fame

I just hope its us RFIP! I really worry about us doing "a Brees" with him and let him go elsewhere to light the league up.

JIMERAMS

Pro Bowler
Name
Bill
well considering hill really hasnt had that many attempts in freaking preseason,thats kind of weak

well considering bradford hadnt played in 360 days and didnt have that problem your statement is weak.

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les

Sam Bradford had 3 excellent games last year. That's great and I liked seeing it, however it's a looooooong way from "arrived". Countless writers including guys who cover the Rams have been on record saying this year was "make or break" for him. QB's that have "arrived" don't get stories like that written about them.

As far as the pre season he had one good game and one bad game.

You seem to care more about Bradford than the Rams sometimes.

And frankly I'm still waiting for somebody to expound on the "there's a huge drop off" point of view.

NJRamsFan

Please Delete
Rams On Demand Sponsor

Sam never arrived as a big time NFL QB. Part of being a big time NFL QB is being on the field to make your team better. Sure he showed glimpses and flashes but if those glimpses dont become consistent they are worthless. I just cant see how anyone can trust Sam to lead their franchise after all thats happened.