Here’s our new Rams starting OL in 2021...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I just see him as a guard and apparently so did the Rams when he started for Edwards. Doesn't matter what he played in college as those positions can change. At the end of the day, it's going to be interesting to see what the Rams actually do decide to do. Maybe they'll shock us all lol

LMAO again. I guess my question is when has Joe Noteboom not started an NFL season as The Rams LG ?

His rookie season & he played behind Roger Saffold. He also has been the backup LT.

My point is Joseph Noteboom has never played on the RIGHT side or Center in The NFL.Then I also don’t know exactly what his college career looked like.I’m sure a one point I did.

Bobby Evans ??? Who knows where he ends up? I’d say maybe he is better at Guard?? The Rams have showed they have depth either way. Yes it will be fun to have these debates during the preseason.
I wonder what the preseason will look like & who Mcvay will sit ? What a JOKE & STUPID idea of starting Brian Allen & Joeph Noteboom without making them earn it!!! Bobby Evans, David Edwards,c.Brewer all benefited from it though.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I cant disagree with you here.

Evans had some solid flashes when he was called upon to start but to count on him to protect Stafford as the starting right tackle for an entire season in 2021 is a bit bold and over the top based on his limited snaps as a professional.

I would rather keep Havs at RT then to put all my chips on the table for Evans over a 16/17 game season in 2021.

Some of the hyped optimism for Noteboom and Evans starting long term as tackles for the RAMS is too risky for my liking.

And if the Rams were sold on Noteboom as insurance to start for more than 10 games in 2021, I doubt Big Whit would be on the roster this season with his current salary cap hit. .
still-not-sold-grunge-rubber-stamp-vector-20218398.jpg

Couldn’t agree with you LESS!! Whitworth HOF as a Ram.
Bobby Evans has shown The Rams Franchise enough to start him at LG.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Couldn’t agree with you LESS!! Whitworth HOF as a Ram.
Bobby Evans has shown The Rams Franchise enough to start him at LG.
He better majorly improve from that Packer game cuz he played like crap. He hasn't earned it either yet. Edwards and Corbett are better guards than Evans.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
He better majorly improve from that Packer game cuz he played like crap. He hasn't earned it either yet. Edwards and Corbett are better guards than Evans.

Yep - but not better at tackle in there NFL careers. I’ll give a 23 ascending player credit for his play up until now.
I still think your wrong about Bobby Evans future.I was impressed with him. Yeah did better in the SeaHags game.
Better- we can all be better in this world.Yes - some better than others.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Yep - but not better at tackle in there NFL careers. I’ll give a 23 ascending player credit for his play up until now.
I still think your wrong about Bobby Evans future.I was impressed with him. Yeah did better in the SeaHags game.
Better- we can all be better in this world.Yes - some better than others.
We'll find out soon enough what our Rams think of Evans but so far they've kept him at guard. I just hope whatever they decide for the O-line as a whole works.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
In the games Evans has played especially at RT in '19, he's shown well. Noteboom had an entire year of terrible play before his injury. Yes it was at guard, but he wasnt thrown into the fire as a rookie. He sat his entire rookie year for a whole season and learned guard, then came in and played terrible when asked to be a starter. On the other hand Evans was thrown into the fire as a ROOKIE and played very well at RT when Hav was hurt. So yea there is a very good chance Evans ends up being a better player. Noteboom is going into year 4 and we still dont know what he is.
The two do have similarities. Boom did play well initially too. But once he got the full gig his weaknesses took center stage. Difference with Evans is he didn't endure a bigger sample size.

So basically we have more hope with Evans because we have yet to really see what he can do. Which means there's a chance lol. Whereas Boom, well, for those who still hope for him good luck with that.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
We'll find out soon enough what our Rams think of Evans but so far they've kept him at guard. I just hope whatever they decide for the O-line as a whole works.

What The Rams are going to move Rob Havenstien to play LG ? When Havenstien was a healthy scratch in 2019 Bobby Evans was the starter.If Jared Goff doesn’t throw an INT before half The Rams just about make it to the playoffs.
Now your going to tell me Mcvay has an okay record while leading at halftime? Kept Bobby Evans at Guard. Yeah - he was out because of Covid & The Rookie Anchrum played one series of 3 & out in that game. I guess Anchrum is the LT (swing) of the future.
Well now I’m really confused about Center because I agree with you in some senses. Corbett won’t be The Rams starting Center. Once again your right,we’ll see soon enough.

Do The Rams trade either Robert Woods,Brockers,Havenstien or none of them at all ?

I’ve been Big Rob & Brothers,but now think Woods instead of Havenstien.

XXXIVwin

Hall of Fame
Sounds like Linsley might get around 10 or 11M per year.

I think Rams main investment will be on an edge rusher— either Floyd or (more likely) his replacement.

As much as I’d love to see an upgrade at C, I think Linsley will be out of our price range.

ottoman89

Busch Light slammin, hog farmin, Iowa boy.
Name
Josh Otto

I think Rams main investment will be on an edge rusher— either Floyd or (more likely) his replacement.

As much as I’d love to see an upgrade at C, I think Linsley will be out of our price range.
That C in the Draft, Quinn Meinez or whatever isn't :sneaky:

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
What The Rams are going to move Rob Havenstien to play LG ? When Havenstien was a healthy scratch in 2019 Bobby Evans was the starter.If Jared Goff doesn’t throw an INT before half The Rams just about make it to the playoffs.
Now your going to tell me Mcvay has an okay record while leading at halftime? Kept Bobby Evans at Guard. Yeah - he was out because of Covid & The Rookie Anchrum played one series of 3 & out in that game. I guess Anchrum is the LT (swing) of the future.
Well now I’m really confused about Center because I agree with you in some senses. Corbett won’t be The Rams starting Center. Once again your right,we’ll see soon enough.

Do The Rams trade either Robert Woods,Brockers,Havenstien or none of them at all ?

I’ve been Big Rob & Brothers,but now think Woods instead of Havenstien.
Nah if Big Rob stays, he's definitely staying at RT. If this is the case, then center would be the position to build. As to who the Rams trade, shit u got me as they always have moves up their sleeves. I'm guessing it's either a win now type move or nothing, but I'm just sitting back to see what they do and enjoying the show.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River

If Whitworth retires following the 2021 season, Linsley could easily be made to fit this season imo.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
However this goes down I do think that Anchrum is in the mix. Kromes really talked him up some months back and Snead did too today. Clearly the Rams are high on him.

There is a fair amount of smoke with Anchrum, an indicator people believe in him.

I'd be surprised to see Hav moved, and I think some other team would outbid us should we pursue Lindsey.

Havenstein is THE puzzle piece for me, right now. Trading him adds one more spot on the OL to figure out. Right now; he’s a healthy plug and play starter for 2021. Not sure why I’d introduce more instability along a line I am trying to improve?

Then again, the Rams need to part with value in places of depth to patch weaker spots on the roster. So maybe you DO move him.

But do we really feel deep along the oline? I dunno about that.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

He'll get more than that, he's coming off 8.5 mill per and will probably end up in the 12-14 range. Especially if there is a bidding war for his services.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Evans at RT would be horrible in my opinion
Bobby Evans is now entering his 3rd NFL season. Back in 2019 he started 7 gms as a rookie & held his own well filling in @ RT for Havenstein. In 2020 we saw for the first time since the 2019 preseason play & start @ LG post for the injured David Edwards. It's not really clear just how many games Evans started for Edwards but it 2 regular season gms & 2 playoff gms playing almost all the snaps @ LG.

Many members here think that Evans played better @ LG than he did RT back in his rookie season. I believe that the LG post is not suited for his physical & technical skills set as well as the RT post. It's obvious that Evans is slowly getting better from what we saw in 2019 from his interior OL play.

Would you not think that Evans with his 34.5-inch arms & 10-inch hands works better for him @ RT than the interior OG posts?

If Evans held his own @ RT in his rookie season in 2019 as a starter & his best season in college came when he was the starting RT, do you not think he would have improved considerably after 2 full seasons as the Rams top swing OL'er?

The bottom line here I am not that high on Evans @ RT or LG or LT or RG, he has not shown me he is a long-term answer in any OL post for the Rams.

Last edited:

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Bobby Evans is now entering his 3rd NFL season. Back in 2019 he started 7 gms as a rookie & held his own well filling in @ RT for Havenstein. In 2020 we saw for the first time since the 2019 preseason play & start @ LG post for the injured David Edwards. It's not really clear just how many games Evans started for Edwards but it 2 regular season gms & 2 playoff gms playing almost all the snaps @ LG.

Many members here think that Evans played better @ LG than he did RT back in his rookie season. I believe that the LG post is not suited for his physical & technical skills set as well as the RT post. It's obvious that Evans is slowly getting better from what we saw in 2019 from his interior OL play.

Would you not think that Evans with his 34.5-inch arms & 10-inch hands works better for him @ RT than the interior OG posts?

If Evans held his own @ RT in his rookie season in 2019 as a starter & his best season in college came when he was the starting RT, do you not think he would have improved considerably after 2 full seasons as the Rams top swing OL'er?
If he did, Hav would be gone already if this were the case. It hasn't happened yet so based on that, the improvement hasn't been enough to warrant him starting yet.

nighttrain

Legend
Rams can forget abot SB if they dump Hav. Not what you do when going for it all, cut your starting RT with no one as good at his position on roster
train

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame

The bottom line here I am not that high on Evans @ RT or LG or LT or RG, he has not shown me he is a long-term answer in any OL post for the Rams.
Ok so to answer your questions about him being a RT, can he be a top swing OL'er? Sure he can, I'm just not for him starting over Hav because Hav is a better, proven player. I also can't imagine most players don't somewhat improve over time either, but it seems like the Rams, based off their actions, see him as a guard. The arm length and hand size posted is just the minimum physical requirements teams like, doesn't mean it'll be his best spot. Quinton Nelson has almost identical physical traits yet he's a guard.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Rams can forget abot SB if they dump Hav. Not what you do when going for it all, cut your starting RT with no one as good at his position on roster
train
I do not think there is much thought of cutting Rob Havenstien that might be a felony offense.

I have never advocated to just cut Hav. The #1 priority @ this moment in time ......is how do the Rams get below the salary cap limit without causing major damage to your team overall. The options are few when reviewing the salary cap contracts. Brockers & Havenstein are the only two that can be considered without causing major damage to the starting lineups.

Hav's trade value is very high @ this time. Options are there in the current roster already signed where the Rams have a heavy presence of prospective NFL starting RT's. In addition, the possible legal tender would be the draft value gained in return if a trade was made. No way of knowing how that 2021 draft pick will affect the 2021 Ram team.

Also, no way of knowing this but McVay might desire an OT that has better pass protection in his skills backpack. Hav does not have a lot of pass protection in his skills pack.

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
noteboom being in his contract year kind of worries me. if he is plugged in somewhere and plays well he will become very expensive. if he dose not get to play he may choose to test the market. anyway seems i always need something to worry about.