Here’s our new Rams starting OL in 2021...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
My crystal ball has revealed all.

Left to right, here we go.

Big Whit (Boom ready in the wings in case of injury)
Edwards
Linsley (or another best available FA)
Corbett
Evans (Hav traded)

Linsley affordable because of creative contract structuring. (Thank you Demoff, Pastoors) If my Linsley dream comes true then C is fixed for at least 5 years.

A LOT will likely be drafted high, as well, but he probably won’t start until ‘22 after development. Could even perhaps be our pick at 57.

I know Linsley will be pricey but how valuable is it to fix our interior OL’s biggest weakness precisely when Stafford comes on board? Priceless, man.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Your crystal ball is two days late ...

Rams43

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Priceless doesn't really exist when there is a cap on the price. I would be ecstatic but I give it a 1% chance. Maybe 2% if I'm being generous. We won't be in on top free agents. We will get bargains on the vets who take deals because the cap straps everybody.

Do not underestimate the power of a creative contract in ‘magicall’ making it possible to sign a semi-elite FA.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
Your crystal ball is two days late ...

A marvelous mock there, River!

Best I’ve seen thus far. I’m resonating with it so much that it’s almost like a mind meld. Lol.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Do not underestimate the power of a creative contract in ‘magicall’ making it possible to sign a semi-elite FA.

I can agree with this.

The Rams (Demoff) has always done a superior job managing the CAP. While it appears we are quite deep in CAP debt today, previous contracts were written with potential future restructures in mind, so until March 17 when we discover what the Rams actually have made available, speculating on our activity in free agency will only be that. There also remains a possible/probable extension for Stafford, and keep in mind that a March 17 announcement of restructures may only be the beginning, right now we only need to meet the NFL CAP threshold for that date, there could always be more restructuring to come ...

Last edited:

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
My crystal ball has revealed all.

Left to right, here we go.

Big Whit (Boom ready in the wings in case of injury)
Edwards
Linsley (or another best available FA)
Corbett
Evans (Hav traded)

Linsley affordable because of creative contract structuring. (Thank you Demoff, Pastoors) If my Linsley dream comes true then C is fixed for at least 5 years.

A LOT will likely be drafted high, as well, but he probably won’t start until ‘22 after development. Could even perhaps be our pick at 57.

I know Linsley will be pricey but how valuable is it to fix our interior OL’s biggest weakness precisely when Stafford comes on board? Priceless, man.
Evans at RT would be horrible in my opinion

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Evans is a back up in my eyes, not starter material. If they go that route, I pray that he proves me wrong.

Agree.
Should the Rams part with Havenstein, I see Noteboom as the current Ram with the best opportunity to take over as starter. jmo.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Agree.
Should the Rams part with Havenstein, I see Noteboom as the current Ram with the best opportunity to take over as starter. jmo.
My only concern with Notebook is his push in the run game. I want some nastiness at that position. Other than that, he'd definitely be much better than Evans at that spot.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
My only concern with Notebook is his push in the run game. I want some nastiness at that position. Other than that, he'd definitely be much better than Evans at that spot.

Yeah, but what he gives up in the run game he'll more than make up for in pass pro, and considering we now have a gun slinging QB, could be Noteboom finds his niche at RT. jmo.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Evans did struggle but he also did some good things. Projecting him to starting isn't crazy or anything it just comes with risk.

Risk management is part of all this. If you want to be a GM and build rosters you're going to need to roll the dice on multiple positions each year. Taking good risks is where the good ones separate themselves, along with other key GM areas like the coaching hire or drafting.

I'd be quite concerned with Evans as our starter going into the season at RT. But I do trust the Rams know what they're doing there too so we'll see.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Yeah, but what he gives up in the run game he'll more than make up for in pass pro, and considering we now have a gun slinging QB, could be Noteboom finds his niche at RT. jmo.
Yeah I figured he'd be better at pass pro, but I want to have lineman that can steamroll the D. Nothing more satisfying than that lol

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Evans did struggle but he also did some good things. Projecting him to starting isn't crazy or anything it just comes with risk.

Risk management is part of all this. If you want to be a GM and build rosters you're going to need to roll the dice on multiple positions each year. Taking good risks is where the good ones separate themselves, along with other key GM areas like the coaching hire or drafting.

I'd be quite concerned with Evans as our starter going into the season at RT. But I do trust the Rams know what they're doing there too so we'll see.
Yes I'd be concerned and worried it'd turn out like that Demby project

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Evans is a very good run blocker, but struggles in pass protection. We watched first hand against the Packers, however, I also believe that Chandler Brewer will be a possibility as well.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Yes I'd be concerned and worried it'd turn out like that Demby project
I'd be concerned as well. But let's see what they do. IMO McVay has to be tired of OL issues but maybe he's more wrapped around the axle with his WR corps, I mean he does have very high standards with his passing game just needs to apply that standard to the big guys up front. I look at that as one of many areas where our young HC is learning lessons.

However this goes down I do think that Anchrum is in the mix. Kromes really talked him up some months back and Snead did too today. Clearly the Rams are high on him.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
I'd be concerned as well. But let's see what they do. IMO McVay has to be tired of OL issues but maybe he's more wrapped around the axle with his WR corps, I mean he does have very high standards with his passing game just needs to apply that standard to the big guys up front. I look at that as one of many areas where our young HC is learning lessons.

However this goes down I do think that Anchrum is in the mix. Kromes really talked him up some months back and Snead did too today. Clearly the Rams are high on him.
Yes it will be interesting. We'll have a much better idea once we get thru FA what their plan may be. There are most definitely dark horses we don't get to consider since we don't see them day in and day out like the Rams do with someone like Anchrum.

Rams43

Hall of Fame
FWIW, Snead had some kind words about both Anchrum and Brewer in his presser.

We shouldn’t go to sleep on either.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
FWIW, Snead had some kind words about both Anchrum and Brewer in his presser.

We shouldn’t go to sleep on either.

Just get Brewer vaccinated quick !

1615413088927.png