Here’s our new Rams starting OL in 2021...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

AvengerRam

Benevolent Troublemaker
I'd be surprised to see Hav moved, and I think some other team would outbid us should we pursue Lindsey.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
My only concern with Notebook is his push in the run game. I want some nastiness at that position. Other than that, he'd definitely be much better than Evans at that spot.

- LMAO — Noteboom didn’t even start over Evans to replace Edwards in the Playoffs when it count the most.Then to say he isn’t starter material at 23 years old & having 2 seasons left with The Rams ? anyways - just think it’s funny how some come to there conclusions. I know I’m wrong,but I thought Noteboom would start at LG
before Evans.
If Havenstien is traded The Rams have to have a player penciled in. Who I would never think Joe Noteboom who I’ve never even seen practice at RT?? Anyone’s guess though if your not a Rams coach & then with a New OLine coach ?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
I'd be surprised to see Hav moved, and I think some other team would outbid us should we pursue Lindsey.

At this point I’d agree,only because of rumors.Robert Woods makes more sense to trade.The only thing is I for such a Solid Ram over the years traded.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
- LMAO — Noteboom didn’t even start over Evans to replace Edwards in the Playoffs when it count the most.Then to say he isn’t starter material at 23 years old & having 2 seasons left with The Rams ? anyways - just think it’s funny how some come to there conclusions. I know I’m wrong,but I thought Noteboom would start at LG
before Evans.
If Havenstien is traded The Rams have to have a player penciled in. Who I would never think Joe Noteboom who I’ve never even seen practice at RT?? Anyone’s guess though if your not a Rams coach & then with a New OLine coach ?
Ok I'm also LMAO because you are talking about G which obviously Noteboom sucks at since he plays better at tackle. If you Google his name, it literally says tackle. I didn't see Evans at LT when Whitworth went down meaning they don't view him as a tackle. Since thats the case, why would they put Evans at RT? Sorry but every lineman has positions they play better than others. Remember Saffold playing tackle? I do, but I also remember him being a shit ton better at G.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Ok I'm also LMAO because you are talking about G which obviously Noteboom sucks at since he plays better at tackle. If you Google his name, it literally says tackle. I didn't see Evans at LT when Whitworth went down meaning they don't view him as a tackle. Since thats the case, why would they put Evans at RT? Sorry but every lineman has positions they play better than others. Remember Saffold playing tackle? I do, but I also remember him being a shit ton better at G.

When has Noteboom EVER played RT?
I think Joe Noteboom is The Rams LT for the next 4 years.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
When has Noteboom EVER played RT?
I think Joe Noteboom is The Rams LT for the next 4 years.
Yes but he's a tackle and we are talking about next year. If Whitworth comes back, which looks highly likely, then he's not starting. The scenario we were discussing is if Hav is traded, then who would be best to start at RT thats currently on the roster. I'd say Noteboom all day over Evans.

Shuie3225

Starter
Agree.
Should the Rams part with Havenstein, I see Noteboom as the current Ram with the best opportunity to take over as starter. jmo.

Nah I sincerely doubt we move Noteboom to RT. That would be him playing a 3rd different position in 3 years. Doesn't make sense when we need him as insurance for LT where he played decent last year. Whitworth will turn 40 during the season. Evans and Anchrum will be competing for RT IMO when we move Havenstein...which I do think will happen.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
I'd like to add that I prefer we keep Hav to make this whole point moot and keep Noteboom backing up Whitworth, but definitely not up to me what the Rams do lol

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame
Nah I sincerely doubt we move Noteboom to RT. That would be him playing a 3rd different position in 3 years. Doesn't make sense when we need him as insurance for LT where he played decent last year. Whitworth will turn 40 during the season. Evans and Anchrum will be competing for RT IMO when we move Havenstein...which I do think will happen.
Noteboom would have to change his footwork for sure at RT, but it's better than him sitting on the bench if we need him. I guess I also just don't see Evans as a tackle but as a guard. Anchrum I get, but we haven't seen him with live bullets firing so I'd say that's one hellauva leap of faith there, but that's something the coaching staff would decide. I'm not one for trading Hav and I don't think we will. Last thing this team needs is more holes on the O-line. I prefer we just replace the center position or if we can't, at worst if Hav happens to be traded since we know the Rams could give 2 shits what I think, take a shot at a cheap vet like Kyle Long (doesn't have to be specifically him) see what he has and open up competition on the O-line.

Last edited:

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River

Meaningless that Noteboom would play 3 positions in 3 years, he's shown effective at LT and not so at LG, he's got very few miles on his resume and should get some use other than just carrying Whitworth's jock strap for another year, one that may be his last as he enters free agency following the 2021 season. I'd like to see what he might do other than warm a bench. jmo.

Last edited:

Shuie3225

Starter
I guess I also just don't see Evans as a tackle but as a guard

He was a tackle coming out of Oklahoma and has played tackle for us.

Meaningless that Noteboom would play 3 positions in 3 years, he's shown effective at LT and not so at LG, he's got very few miles on his resume and should get some use other than just carrying Whitworth's jock strap for another season, one that may be his last as he enters free agency following the 2021 season. I'd like to see what he might do other than warm a bench. jmo.

I dont think it's meaningless at all. Noteboom was horrible at guard when he played there. Then got injured. Then played okay at LT. Why are you assuming he's a better RT than Evans? They're both 3rd round picks and an argument can be made Evans has showed more in 2 years in the NFL than Noteboom has shown in 3 years in the NFL. I'm not against starting Noteboom at RT, I just think Evans has proved he can play and with Whitworth one play away from his career being over why risk all the shuffling around? Whit will be getting a ton of off days in practice which means Noteboom will be starting at LT getting a lot of reps regardless. There's a good chance Evans is just a better player than Noteboom.

El Chapo Jr

Hall of Fame

I dont think it's meaningless at all. Noteboom was horrible at guard when he played there. Then got injured. Then played okay at LT. Why are you assuming he's a better RT than Evans? They're both 3rd round picks and an argument can be made Evans has showed more in 2 years in the NFL than Noteboom has shown in 3 years in the NFL. I'm not against starting Noteboom at RT, I just think Evans has proved he can play and with Whitworth one play away from his career being over why risk all the shuffling around? Whit will be getting a ton of off days in practice which means Noteboom will be starting at LT getting a lot of reps regardless.
I just see him as a guard and apparently so did the Rams when he started for Edwards. Doesn't matter what he played in college as those positions can change. At the end of the day, it's going to be interesting to see what the Rams actually do decide to do. Maybe they'll shock us all lol

Rams43

Hall of Fame
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Several things...

Don’t look now but Boom is currently our swing OT. Meaning he’s first up if either Whit or Hav are hurt.

As to potential RT starters should Hav be traded away? Boom, Evans, and Brewer are all candidates for RT starter.

Snead went out of his way to say the Rams like both Anchrum and Brewer in his presser. Not saying that Anchrum is the favorite at RT, but he may be considered a potential interior OL down the road. And it may not be very damned far down the road, at that.

Bottom line, our next starting RT is already on the roster if Hav gets hurt again or traded. Rams have been planning for OL development for several years now.

So it’s just a question of whether Rams really want the Hav trade cap savings to be used on other positions AND whether Snead can find a trade partner.

fearsomefour

Legend
Evans did struggle but he also did some good things. Projecting him to starting isn't crazy or anything it just comes with risk.

Risk management is part of all this. If you want to be a GM and build rosters you're going to need to roll the dice on multiple positions each year. Taking good risks is where the good ones separate themselves, along with other key GM areas like the coaching hire or drafting.

I'd be quite concerned with Evans as our starter going into the season at RT. But I do trust the Rams know what they're doing there too so we'll see.
It was interesting that when Evans got in it was at G while this years rookie got some reps at RT.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River

I dont think it's meaningless at all. Noteboom was horrible at guard when he played there. Then got injured. Then played okay at LT. Why are you assuming he's a better RT than Evans? They're both 3rd round picks and an argument can be made Evans has showed more in 2 years in the NFL than Noteboom has shown in 3 years in the NFL. I'm not against starting Noteboom at RT, I just think Evans has proved he can play and with Whitworth one play away from his career being over why risk all the shuffling around? Whit will be getting a ton of off days in practice which means Noteboom will be starting at LT getting a lot of reps regardless. There's a good chance Evans is just a better player than Noteboom.

Completely disagree.
Evans had a nice streak of 3 or 4 games where he played quite well at RT two years ago, everyone then thought he'd become the next RT, but since then he hasn't shown as well, either at RT or at OG, so i'm not really sure how he fits going forward. Noteboom IS an OT, and many LT's have transitioned quite well to RT, so it might be worth finding out before possibly losing him to free agency. It may not mean as much, but Evans just has the look of an OG, and Noteboom is bigger and has the wider wingspan.
Other players can and have taken the place of Whitworth in practice and in regular season games, Chandler Brewer specifically. I also fully expect the Rams to draft another LT type to not only compete with Noteboom at LT for Whitworth's spot, but someone that might also compete with several players this year at RT should Havenstein be moved. jmo.

Shuie3225

Starter
Completely disagree.
Evans had a nice streak of 3 or 4 games where he played quite well at RT two years ago, everyone then thought he'd become the next RT, but since then he hasn't shown as well, either at RT or at OG, so i'm not really sure how he fits going forward. Noteboom IS an OT, and many LT's have transitioned quite well to RT, so it might be worth finding out before possibly losing him to free agency. It may not mean as much, but Evans just has the look of an OG, and Noteboom is bigger and has the wider wingspan.
Other players can and have taken the place of Whitworth in practice and in regular season games, Chandler Brewer specifically. I also fully expect the Rams to draft another LT type to not only compete with Noteboom at LT for Whitworth's spot, but someone that might also compete with several players this year at RT should Havenstein be moved. jmo.

In the games Evans has played especially at RT in '19, he's shown well. Noteboom had an entire year of terrible play before his injury. Yes it was at guard, but he wasnt thrown into the fire as a rookie. He sat his entire rookie year for a whole season and learned guard, then came in and played terrible when asked to be a starter. On the other hand Evans was thrown into the fire as a ROOKIE and played very well at RT when Hav was hurt. So yea there is a very good chance Evans ends up being a better player. Noteboom is going into year 4 and we still dont know what he is.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
In the games Evans has played especially at RT in '19, he's shown well. Noteboom had an entire year of terrible play before his injury. Yes it was at guard, but he wasnt thrown into the fire as a rookie. He sat his entire rookie year for a whole season and learned guard, then came in and played terrible when asked to be a starter. On the other hand Evans was thrown into the fire as a ROOKIE and played very well at RT when Hav was hurt. So yea there is a very good chance Evans ends up being a better player. Noteboom is going into year 4 and we still dont know what he is.

If we've learned nothing else, it's that Noteboom is an OT.
Evans was drafted in the 3'rd round, Edwards was drafted in the 5'th, yet Edwards is now the starter at LG. When Noteboom went down at LG in 2019, it wasn't Evans taking over, but the new guy from Cleveland who had never taken an NFL snap, that being Corbett.
Evans had a few good games at RT in 2019, since then, ... zip. My opinion is that Evans better show something better in his two remaining years under contract or he's likely out. jmo.

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
Evans at RT would be horrible in my opinion

I cant disagree with you here.

Evans had some solid flashes when he was called upon to start but to count on him to protect Stafford as the starting right tackle for an entire season in 2021 is a bit bold and over the top based on his limited snaps as a professional.

I would rather keep Havs at RT then to put all my chips on the table for Evans over a 16/17 game season in 2021.

Some of the hyped optimism for Noteboom and Evans starting long term as tackles for the RAMS is too risky for my liking.

And if the Rams were sold on Noteboom as insurance to start for more than 10 games in 2021, I doubt Big Whit would be on the roster this season with his current salary cap hit. .
still-not-sold-grunge-rubber-stamp-vector-20218398.jpg