Havenstien, Should He Start?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
It was a horrendous season as a Guard.
The man is a Tackle.
They didn't play him in the preseason and threw him into the fire against seasoned professional defensive tackles.
And he was playing next to a Center who also had zero starts.

No way in hell I would discount the man's potential ability to be our starting left tackle based on his performance this year as a guard.

And I think our team physician will have a better idea of what his knee looks like by the time the draft rolls around.

If you kept the rest of the line intact as it is, by re-signing Blythe, it would allow Noteboom to concentrate on what is probably his natural, and possibly his premiere, position.

They should know by the end of Camp if Noteboom is the man.

If not then you have to consider Evans or Edwards at LT and reshuffling the line.

agree on not playing Noteboom. The Rams played it scared !! The truth though is Evans & Edwards got great experience by getting so many reps during the preseason.

My belief is Whitworth comes back for another season. Noteboom is a question mark ?? Maybe being the swing guy & future LT would work best.
-Yes Blythe is the other swing center,but then again what’s up with Allen ?? Not sure I know what happened to him injury wise. Just know this new group is working good & the Corbett is working awesome !!

dang

Legend
Just to not go "round and round" about Hav, I'm gonna say this:

I quickly discount hyperbole such as "Hav has been garbage this year". If that were the case why did it take injury to remove him as a starter?

I clearly admitted that it took me a while to wonder what was with the play of Hav this year. It could be a number of things...and I'm not gonna guess on it. He's been out, and Evans has done well. If McVay opts to continue to start Evans, I'm not gonna have a fit...the game has changed alot. Some coaches hold to the rule a starter doesn't lose his job to injury...some don't.

The Rams are at Dallas Sunday...and if McVay starts Hav, we'll see what happens. If he works Hav in on plays, so be it. All I want is the Rams to win...but...what if Hav starts and plays to his known ability? The OLine is all the better for it.

We have this week of practice for the coaches to decide.
I believe every option for each position is being assessed except fo LT. The best 5 OL will start. I trust the Rams coaching staff to figure out what that is.