Havenstein activated!

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

blackbart

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Tim
Great news. Hopefully he can continue to progress and not have any further problems throughout the year.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
The Oline is playing pretty well right now...Is it worth shifting all of that around so Havenstein plays? I am not sure about...continuity has its advantages

TexasRam

Legend
Id bump Saffold to RG and Brown to the pine. But the moment Robinson starts to struggle Saffold takes over at LT.

Ram_Rally

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Our offensive line may be one of our stronger units this year

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
why? Havenstein may become more reliable, but he has been injured quite a lot in his young career, and Saffold's shoulders are now bionic..so no more worries there....

Florida_Ram

Hall of Fame
I'm kind of happy to hear this news.......................................................

CoachKJumping.gif

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
Id bump Saffold to RG and Brown to the pine. But the moment Robinson starts to struggle Saffold takes over at LT.

Williams should be just fine behind GRob, imo. If this were up to me, i'd keep Saffold off the starting roster and have him as our most important swing man off the bench. He plays every OL position well but Center, his only issue is his history of health problems, so save his ass and keep him as our very expensive reserve. We will be happy to have him fresh come play-off time, and he'll still rotate in on occasion. Saffold may very likely become a CAP casualty cut in 2017, so lets play the young guys now and build a chemistry which lasts for several years. jmo.

Bruce2980

Starter
Williams should be just fine behind GRob, imo. If this were up to me, i'd keep Saffold off the starting roster and have him as our most important swing man off the bench. He plays every OL position well but Center, his only issue is his history of health problems, so save his ass and keep him as our very expensive reserve. We will be happy to have him fresh come play-off time, and he'll still rotate in on occasion. Saffold may very likely become a CAP casualty cut in 2017, so lets play the young guys now and build a chemistry which lasts for several years. jmo.

Very interesting idea, I don't believe it will happen but there is logic in that idea.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

The best 5 linemen will play. The Rams are trying to win this year. And Gurley needs 2000 yards.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
I would have to disagree with keeping Saffold on the bench. He is our best or at least 2nd best offensive linemen. You play your best 5 so how can you keep Saffold on the bench? He should start at RG move Hav into RT and keep the rest of the oline the same. Brown should be a backup for now.

Riverumbbq

Angry Progressive
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
River
I would have to disagree with keeping Saffold on the bench. He is our best or at least 2nd best offensive linemen. You play your best 5 so how can you keep Saffold on the bench? He should start at RG move Hav into RT and keep the rest of the oline the same. Brown should be a backup for now.

I suspect most will agree with you, including the Rams. I don't expect it to play out this way, but since Saffold has only started all 16 games twice in his 6 years, and that end of season OL play has often been horrific (not so much last year), keeping Roger fresh could be in our own best interest. If Brown isn't getting it done, i'm fine with starting RS, but he seems to be catching on as the line is playing quite well recently. Saffold & Reynolds could rotate in whenever necessary. His salary & desire to play likely keeps him as a starter, ... this is just my thinking out loud. jmo.

hotanez

NRA Member for Life
I suspect most will agree with you, including the Rams. I don't expect it to play out this way, but since Saffold has only started all 16 games twice in his 6 years, and that end of season OL play has often been horrific (not so much last year), keeping Roger fresh could be in our own best interest. If Brown isn't getting it done, i'm fine with starting RS, but he seems to be catching on as the line is playing quite well recently. Saffold & Reynolds could rotate in whenever necessary. His salary & desire to play likely keeps him as a starter, ... this is just my thinking out loud. jmo.
My problem with that plan is Brown has been playing below average and his pass blocking is not good. I want the best players protecting our QB and Brown isn't one of them right now. He has a lot of upside but he needs more time.

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
why? Havenstein may become more reliable, but he has been injured quite a lot in his young career, and Saffold's shoulders are now bionic..so no more worries there....

Bionic?...really, no more worries? You mean better than original? Good luck with that one. :whistle: