Have the Rams paid the Piper and sent him north to San Francisco?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

dang

Legend
"Piper, why are we heading to the cliff?" ~ Rat Boy
“…because RatBoy…look behind you…see those flickering lights…that’s the villagers coming for us with torches and pitchforks” - Piper

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve

PhillyRam

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Scott
If we have a good off-season, we are primed to win the SB next year
Not saying "we" can't. Just saying Detroit is sitting pretty with more resources than most teams and they are in perfect position for an "all in" type offseason. The Rams still have some limitations.

The Rams advantage is at QB and Head Coach. That certainly matters.

Steve808

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Been reading that the whiners are over the cap a bit, but have something like only 44 players under contract so yeah, they have some cap issues.

I'm not cap expert, but it sounds like the whiners could restructure contracts and manipulate the cap, but in 2025 and 2026, they'd be carrying a lot of dead money and might be worse off than the 2023 Rams. So th3 2024 season could be make or break for the whiners.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Really, it's Detroits turn to go all in. A lot of cap space, a very good core, and they got close this year. If they go out and spend big in FA, make a trade here or there, they could be the team to beat.
I think if Campbell had made the hard call at DC a year ago his team would have been a tougher out and may have finished SF. He's a good head coach and leader but his tactical sense is a bit too meatheaded and his standards are higher with his offense which may continue to hold his team back in those big games where the smallest disadvantages can send you home.

With the current staff staying as-is what I'd do if I'm in his shoes is load up that defensive front. Hutch is a beast and should be even better next year but I'd be looking for another difference maker up front to overload opposing lines. Better that front is the more protected you are with a mediocre gameplanner on that side of the ball.

But looking at the NFC overall I think the Rams should improve more than Detroit because they'll be replacing lesser pieces with their upgrades. Key for them is better defensive play which should follow the investment that should be coming. Shula looms as a big question for us, so that's part of it and if he's not good enough that will end up sending us home. Either way though as the NFC is concerned the Rams should be very much in that final group of teams.

Lastly what was interesting about last year is that the AFC top teams were very underwhelming in the playoffs. This is not to take away from KC what they accomplished, but I feel like they should have fallen short given the quality of that playoff group in that conference. In a way it's a good thing, too, as KC was the right team to knock the shitters out. Don't know that Buffalo or any of these other AFC teams would have. Going forward it will be interesting to see who if anyone emerges to deny KC.

snackdaddy

Who's your snackdaddy?
Name
Charlie
The whiners will likely head into the 24 season with the league's best overall starting roster. But their depth will be razor thin. They need to stay relatively healthy again or things could go south on them quickly. Purdy's numbers suggest he's bordering on elite. But we know he's not a guy who can lift a team when things around him are not optimal. They better hope they have another healthy season.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Purdy is a better QB than Garoppolo was. If they can keep the roster at that level they're gonna have more chances. Hopefully shit disintegrates with injury and Super Bowl hangover for this year and they end up needing to retool. Or better yet Ratboy moves on. I'd like to see him the fuck out of SF.