Haskins out. Allen in.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Someone was nice enough to post the Simms comments here and like I posted don't follow other teams well.

Was he true in saying the Giants had the best front four,quick and large ?

And how is the front 4 of the Washington ?

That could be the Run answer.

I'm bias I am a homer for McVay lol

The Redskins have a great DL.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just wanted to say Thanks.

It really helps,now I won't be yelling at the Oline so hard lol

Yeah, they have five first round picks on their DL (Chase Young, Montez Sweat, Ryan Kerrigan, Daron Payne, and Jonathan Allen). Luckily for us, one of their top DTs (who wasn't a first round pick) is out with an injury (but Ioannidis is being replaced by Tim Settle, who is also pretty darn talented). They can really rush the passer.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
They look great in the pass rush but less than stellar against the run. I'd look for a healthy dose of all three back Sunday.

FrenchRams

UDFA
I wouldn't go quite that far. QBs get benched man. They're not victims. They're professionals with a ton of expectations from the staff and a lot of that isn't seen by us. Could be a thousand detail oriented things the coaches aren't seeing from him wrt mastery of the offense. Maybe he isn't going through his reads correctly. Who knows.

Also being "that guy" who wants to be traded the minute shit gets tough is not the way to play it either. Far better to fix what you're fuckin up, earn the trust of the staff and get back out there and prove people wrong.

You right about the details that we probably don’t know about him and about the expectations that we want from a 1st round pick.
But the problem remain the same imo, even if he’s struggling they should gave him a full season at least and then if he didn’t show any flashes during that season then you can talk about benching him.

And i agree also about the fact that asking a trade right now wouldn’t be a great look for him, but how can he prove something when they didn’t give him a « real » chance to do it ?
Compare to Burrow or Herbert, he’s in a bad situation with a bad front office.
So this is the thing that irritate me a little bit.

FrenchRams

UDFA
Sorry but Haskins did not have a solid game against the Ravens. Don't let the stats fool you. He was absolutely terrible in the first 3 quarters. The majority of his yardage came in the 4th qtr during garbage time with the Ravens comfortably ahead.

They got their last touchdown in the last 3 minutes after an interception at the 42 yard line.

The game was never close.

Okay my bad then, i mainly looked at the stats and the opinion of some Washington fans.
But like i said in my previous message, i think that he deserved at least a full season before being benched, even Josh Rosen had a full season with the Cardinals to prove his worth.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
I think your perception of allowing a full season would be different if you were a coach. The coaches don't just care for the QB, but for the entire team and if the QB isn't giving them the best chance to win, even just in the coaching staff's estimation, they have to make that call.

Also players aren't stupid and neither are the front offices. Not holding players accountable who deserve it is a great way to lose your team and maybe even your job.

FrenchRams

UDFA
I think your perception of allowing a full season would be different if you were a coach. The coaches don't just care for the QB, but for the entire team and if the QB isn't giving them the best chance to win, even just in the coaching staff's estimation, they have to make that call.

Also players aren't stupid and neither are the front offices. Not holding players accountable who deserve it is a great way to lose your team and maybe even your job.

I agree, as a coach your main goal is clearly to see your team winning yes, and maybe i would have a different opinion if i was one.
But they wasn’t even in the position to be competitive this season with their lack of talent on the offense.
So why not letting him show what he can do for the moment and make a change at the end of the season if necessary ?

FarNorth

Hall of Fame
after what I saw Smith go through with his leg on that ESPN special..... If he takes one snap this year he should be the comeback player of the year. I have never seen a leg that messed up and I'm surprised he can even walk!! Hard to root against the guy like that.

Wouldn't surprise me to see Smith starting for the Football Team Formerly Known As the R-------s in the near future. He's an outstanding technical qb, just lacks the arm strength and mobility needed for a wide open offense like KC.

Assuming he's actually physically ok he's likely a better bet to win games right now than either Haskins or Allen. If they keep losing at some point the Football Team may have to make this move.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
after what I saw Smith go through with his leg on that ESPN special..... If he takes one snap this year he should be the comeback player of the year. I have never seen a leg that messed up and I'm surprised he can even walk!! Hard to root against the guy like that.

Wasn't Bridgewater's worse? As I recall, he was minutes from actually losing the leg base on how shredded it was.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
Wasn't Bridgewater's worse? As I recall, he was minutes from actually losing the leg base on how shredded it was.

That's very much true, but Smith nearly died from his. Yes, it was because of an infection, but he came quite close to dying.