Haskins out. Allen in.

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
maybe urban knows something about Alex Smith who left after jr yr to the NFL from Utah .
Maybe I'm biased , maybe I'm wrong, but how the F did Tebow after all those years at Qb get the Hell out of College with those mechanics ?

And not to be funny disrespectful, how many years /teamd did it take Smith to establish himself ?

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Maybe I'm biased , maybe I'm wrong, but how the F did Tebow after all those years at Qb get the Hell out of College with those mechanics ?

And not to be funny disrespectful, how many years /teamd did it take Smith to establish himself ?

He was One of the youngest QB’s to ever inter the draft. Alex played for a small school.Played under a bunch of new OC’s/HC’s. A lot to live up to in SF. Fans are not easy up North.

Team Tebow, he redshirted one year? Look at the talent around him. Tim Tebow was a very athletic QB & won 2 Heisman Trophy’s ?? Not sure about my stats. He was drafted in what rd. ??
I think Denver reached for him as well.
Scouts knew what kind of a prospect he was.
Jimmy Clausen , I don’t know.The dude had all the best coaching for years.He left early as well.
Hard to say,except Myers is a winner & it’s a team sport.

-Washington did win there first game & Haskins killed me last season by always keeping games close. Maybe it is more that there 1st rd pick has been injured more than the QB ?

Dz1

Go Hurricanes...
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Danger Zone
He was One of the youngest QB’s to ever inter the draft. Alex played for a small school.Played under a bunch of new OC’s/HC’s. A lot to live up to in SF. Fans are not easy up North.

Team Tebow, he redshirted one year? Look at the talent around him. Tim Tebow was a very athletic QB & won 2 Heisman Trophy’s ?? Not sure about my stats. He was drafted in what rd. ??
I think Denver reached for him as well.
Scouts knew what kind of a prospect he was.
Jimmy Clausen , I don’t know.The dude had all the best coaching for years.He left early as well.
Hard to say,except Myers is a winner & it’s a team sport.

-Washington did win there first game & Haskins killed me last season by always keeping games close. Maybe it is more that there 1st rd pick has been injured more than the QB ?
Ok gonna try 2be very very factual.

I'm old school, imho I use to post some of the best College schemes, etc etc and yes I was wrong many times.

I don't know the New College Coaches, At All. But I know the Old School guys.

Imho Meyers only cared about winning, Period F the players for getting a job in the NFL etc etc Tebow set Qb recorded recordes off the charts better than any Qb in his time.

How the Hell did he not know mechanics ?

Clausan a Weiss kid, O well.

See I'm a UM fan, had Qbs in the NFL forever, Pro Style Ball.

Like I posted, never ever liked spread Qbs. But hey it's the NFL nowadays.

But the 1 thing am constant on. My kid would never be coached by Meyer lol

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Our secondary is a tough draw for a guy who has struggled to get through reads. Switching things up is not a bad idea, sometimes the backup types ball out in short windows when they get a start.

Also this will be the second straight game for us vs a subpar LT. Should get some edge pressures Sunday.

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Our secondary is a tough draw for a guy who has struggled to get through reads. Switching things up is not a bad idea, sometimes the backup types ball out in short windows when they get a start.

Also this will be the second straight game for us vs a subpar LT. Should get some edge pressures Sunday.
It’s also our 3rd 10am east coast game in four weeks. We should win this game handily like last week which worries me.

NoCoNite

ILoveGoffBalls
Name
ILoveGoffBalls
Kyle Allen looked good at times last year. Atleast the first time he played the cardinals I thought he did well.

André

Always far too invested
Rams On Demand Sponsor
It’s also our 3rd 10am east coast game in four weeks. We should win this game handily like last week which worries me.
Absolutely agree. It's rare to have back-to-back 'trap' games, but I think that is a significant possibility.

I genuinely believe that part of our strategy last week (and potentially this week) was to be as vanilla as possible so that we don't show anything the niners can learn from.

It worked, but not nearly as comfortably as I think they imagined. It will be interesting to see if they play with an arm tied behind their back again.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Hooray for Kyle, hooray at last; hooray for Kyle, he's a horse's ass!

Last edited:

FrenchRams

UDFA
I think it’s unfair to bench a young QB that fast, who have nobody in his offense except McLaurin, a really bad offensive line, no preparation this summer and just had a solid game against the Ravens.
And last year, he was put in a worse situation...

Ron Rivera never wanted him as the starting QB and he showed him right after his 1st bad game when he threw 3 interceptions.
I get it, the NFL is a business and you have to perform ASAP but they didn’t put him in the right situation and they gave up on him way to fast imo.

If i was him i would ask for a trade.

Legatron4

Legend
Name
Wes
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think it’s unfair to bench a young QB that fast, who have nobody in his offense except McLaurin, a really bad offensive line, no preparation this summer and just had a solid game against the Ravens.

Ron Rivera never wanted him as the starting QB and he showed him right after his 1st bad game when he threw 3 interceptions.
I get it, the NFL is a business and you have to perform ASAP but they didn’t put him in the right situation and they gave up on him way to fast imo.

Give them a 6th. Have McVay coach him up for a year or two and show what he’s got in the next pre season. Maybe we can get a few picks in return and he gets to continue his NFL career on the right path.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I wouldn't go quite that far. QBs get benched man. They're not victims. They're professionals with a ton of expectations from the staff and a lot of that isn't seen by us. Could be a thousand detail oriented things the coaches aren't seeing from him wrt mastery of the offense. Maybe he isn't going through his reads correctly. Who knows.

Also being "that guy" who wants to be traded the minute shit gets tough is not the way to play it either. Far better to fix what you're fuckin up, earn the trust of the staff and get back out there and prove people wrong.

Tano

Legend

Sorry but Haskins did not have a solid game against the Ravens. Don't let the stats fool you. He was absolutely terrible in the first 3 quarters. The majority of his yardage came in the 4th qtr during garbage time with the Ravens comfortably ahead.

They got their last touchdown in the last 3 minutes after an interception at the 42 yard line.

The game was never close.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter

The Rams lost the game I was worried about & was chalking it up as a win. Comparing QB Allen’s, this guy should notbe feared. Still respected.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Absolutely agree. It's rare to have back-to-back 'trap' games, but I think that is a significant possibility.

I genuinely believe that part of our strategy last week (and potentially this week) was to be as vanilla as possible so that we don't show anything the niners can learn from.

It worked, but not nearly as comfortably as I think they imagined. It will be interesting to see if they play with an arm tied behind their back again.
Trap games ?? The Rams have not played a division opponent yet.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I'd rather face the rookie Haskins.

Also, all this back n forth schedule travel is some BS. Good thing we don't leave the West coast after week 11 except for a quick trip to Arizona.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

did any of you see haskins check down on 4th down to a wr surrounded by 8 ravens defenders? this was later in the game when the team needed points.

that's instant bench worthy.

So Ram

Legend
Camp Reporter
Ok gonna try 2be very very factual.

I'm old school, imho I use to post some of the best College schemes, etc etc and yes I was wrong many times.

I don't know the New College Coaches, At All. But I know the Old School guys.

Imho Meyers only cared about winning, Period F the players for getting a job in the NFL etc etc Tebow set Qb recorded recordes off the charts better than any Qb in his time.

How the Hell did he not know mechanics ?

Clausan a Weiss kid, O well.

See I'm a UM fan, had Qbs in the NFL forever, Pro Style Ball.

Like I posted, never ever liked spread Qbs. But hey it's the NFL nowadays.

But the 1 thing am constant on. My kid would never be coached by Meyer lol

Myers used to do all those NBC contracted ND games that drove me nuts.
I’m a USC guy & hate there HC. Anyway not sure about all the QB’s Urban has had. Vinnie & Kelly were good,but not so sure about Gino.

The ball coach from Florida did okay as well as Bowden. Wish the league drafted the PG from the knicks.Ward

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
One thing that stands out with Washington's front... They remind me of the Fisher front sevens of years past. Want to get teams into long yardage to rush the passer and in those situations they're very dangerous but they don't want to do the work in the run game to get there.

Also the Rams' OL got jammed up pretty good in the run game vs NY. Translation for me is that we're gonna kill them on the ground. I expect the Rams' OL to fucking road grade their asses early and often.

This will be a blowout win for us IMO.

dang

Legend
Might be the toughest front 7 we face all year. Need TEs to have a big game on passing downs if Washington sells out against the run.