Has Wade's D Finally Kicked In?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

James Otto

Starter
Now I gotcha thanks (y)

I do dislike those creators of confusion too....One more question ...So what determines the careless stats from the not so careless stats? Now I might be getting close to confusing my one working brain cell:confused:. Its not hard to do:D

Wade may want to rethink some of those assigned penetrations on these run downs. It sure appeared that the Ram front seven were busy in creating confusion in their run defense effectiveness for most of the first half against the Cowboys. I will agree with you I did not see much responsibility in gap containment in the first half either.

On the real serious side :cheers:you have been a good Ram fan sport here:bow:. I would like to welcome you to a great Ram family forum here in ROD land! Welcome aboard I am so glad you gave me some of your time today. I really enjoy it. Trust me your going to fit in well here. I look forward to many future good decent Ram discussions here:grouphug:, I promise I be on my usual nice behavior:sneaky:.

Glad to be here, but lurking since the move to LA :) I am wondering if the guys just aren't comfortable enough yet in the scheme - you know, too much go, go, go to a spot and not enough instinct and reaction? It seems like the start the game fired up, all balls to the wall, and just attacking, but rather recklessly. Wade seems to make the adjustments and they calm down and do a much better job, particularly in the run game.

Ogletree is the one that pisses me off the most - he'll make such a bonehead decision, like not pushing spoon boy out of bounds. But he always comes back with some real wow plays. Him and Barron really need to be disciplined to help this system move to the next level!

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
That's awesome, @1maGoh . Tell us more about the experience in Jerry World. Edit: You too @Rmfnlt
  • Were there many Ram fans there?
  • Were the Cowgirl fans obnoxious. (Did you have to take anyone down? :shocking: )
  • Did you feel the tenor of the game shift in the third quarter?
Thanks bro!
:cheers:

There were a lot more Rams fans than I expected. I've never been to a game there before though, and @Rmfnlt says that's normal. I was thoroughly surprised by the Packers fan, Panthers fan, Raiders fan, Steelers fan, 3 or 4 niner fans, and the family of Hawks fans I saw there.

They were kind of obnoxious when they were winning. When the Rams too the lead, the guy next to me almost started crying and his wife leaves over and said "It'll be ok. Don't worry." I don't know if he had the mortgage payment on the line or what.

The seats up in the nosebleeds are cramped as crap, I spent the whole time sitting at an angle in my seat, but the view is fabulous.

If I had one complaint about the stadium is that the big TV death trap hanging over the field almost never shows replays. It always goes to fans (the dudes dressed as refs are hilarious) or Michael Irvin telling people to stand up and get loud. I feel like I missed a huge part of the game because I never got to see any foul replays or missed pass replays unless the Cowboys did something awesome. I understand pandering to the fans, but damn, show me the penalty at least.

DaveFan'51

Old-Timer
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dave
Seattle's offense is not as intimidating as Dallas'. If you keep Wilson in the pocket, he struggles. Especially when his offensive line protects him like a torn condom. Lacy is a left guard playing RB, Graham has never been the same since leaving NO, and Baldwin is only good if Wilson buys the time to get him the ball.

Even still, I'm sure we will find a way to suffer in run defense and they will have some lucky breaks. I'm looking to see if we can continue our offensive production against our toughest defensive test yet.
I think Vegas see's it the same way you do Ramrasta! The opening lin was Rams -1, as of a short time ago it's Rams -2! So they think it will be close!! I am hoping for a "Blow-Out" of course!(y);):yess:

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
has Wade's D finally Kicked in?
No
the DAL Oline was holding a LOT!
All great offensive linemen do....
usatsi_9621419.jpg

what, you didn't know???

I think there was about 90K there yesterday... a REAL 90K.
Are you insinuating that the LA Memorial Coliseum isn't holding 90K when they report that???? Really??? LOLOL

Trust me...when it's packed you can tell there are 90 thousand in there...

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
As of Sunday...no. The D is still noticeably softer and a poorer tackling group than GW's units the last few years. Not enough sacks, physicality, not enough swarm tackling, the run defense is porous.

It has to get better. Right? :whistle:

LARAMSinFeb.

Hall of Fame
Btw who was that homer announcer who acted like the holding call against Frederick wasn't legit??

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
Btw who was that homer announcer who acted like the holding call against Frederick wasn't legit??

A representation of every Cowboys fan in the country. It gets called so infrequently against them, they think it has something to do with a lack of a star on the helmet.

TexasRam

Legend
The defense hasn't arrived.

Not even close.

We don't have the personel in my opinion to be a top defense.

ILBers will need to be replaced in the offseason. Though Barron has done some great open field tackling. All
4 Linebackers are suspect. A great coach would find something they do well and implement it. Wade tends to play his system straight up.

We need a shut down CB and also a safety that is instinctive and can come up and fill the hole created by our ILBers.

With this personel the best you can hope for is a smoke and mirrors defense that is unconventional and blitzes a lot. Basically a Greg Williams defense.

The building blocks are the Dline Trumaine as a solid #2 CB and some good slot guys in Robey and Joyner.

I don't even know where to start with Alexander, Olgeltree, Quinn and Barwin. And Webster may not be starting material at CB.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Um, Dallas has three perennial Pro Bowlers on the OLine and the Hawks’ OLine is a dumpster fire ..........

I actually expect to see is score roughly have as much on offense v the Hawks but completely dominate on defense. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.
Yes, I would say 'half' as many points to00. Hoping for 20, but 17 might be the tops. If we don't turn it over, and nothing abnormal happens, we come out 17-13 or something like that. This is THE game for the Seahawks season. This will be a fight.

I am interested in seeing the Rams control the ball, even if they can't get it in the endzone so much. Wilson pulls out of more bad plays than Fran Tarkenton ever did...if we minimalize that, we win.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
This defense has given up too many points for the talent level they were supposed to have on paper but perhaps that is because some of that talent may be overrated.
The talent never changed, nor was it over rated.
Mo Alex, Ogletree are not playing well at all....they look nothing like last year; they didn't fall apart physically at age 26 years old---it is a huge mental change for Alec to not have a big DT eating up the guard in front of him. Mo ALex looks awful, too. BOth of thsese guys were great last year. Talent is talent, scheme is something else.
Barron didn't get worse---he too is swallowed up trying to locate the RB from the ILB position.

Only Quinn was over rated.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
As of Sunday...no. The D is still noticeably softer and a poorer tackling group than GW's units the last few years. Not enough sacks, physicality, not enough swarm tackling, the run defense is porous.

It has to get better. Right? :whistle:
We all love to bash Williams, but the intensity and tackling isn't there....for sure.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
If I had one complaint about the stadium is that the big TV death trap hanging over the field almost never shows replays. It always goes to fans (the dudes dressed as refs are hilarious) or Michael Irvin telling people to stand up and get loud. I feel like I missed a huge part of the game because I never got to see any foul replays or missed pass replays unless the Cowboys did something awesome. I understand pandering to the fans, but damn, show me the penalty at least.
Yeah, they never show a replay unless it's to show that DAL was wronged. It is very annoying.

I don't remember those guys dressed as refs but they were funny!

I don't remember the Michael Irvin bit either... but he sure gets them going. Wasn't it loud in there at times? Like I said, there had to be close to 90K. The other games I went to, the Rams were out of it early on, so I never really heard how loud those fans can get. Seeing as their team was in jeopardy a lot in this game, they brought the noise.

Too bad it didn't lift them to victory :LOL::ROFLMAO::cheers:

bubbaramfan

Legend
Camp Reporter
On improving run D. A lot of yards given up by the Rams D have been due to over-pursuit. Rushing the QB and getting into the backfield on a running play. Rams DL concentrates so much on getting the sack that they give up tons of yds rushing. They need to concentrate more on containing the RB and keeping the QB in the pocket.
They did that in the 2nd qtr of the Dallas game and got good results. They're learning.

Stats I hate the most are "QB hurries", "pressures". They don't mean Jack if it results in a big gain.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
I think Vegas see's it the same way you do Ramrasta! The opening lin was Rams -1, as of a short time ago it's Rams -2! So they think it will be close!! I am hoping for a "Blow-Out" of course!(y);):yess:

Division games for us tend to be close regardless of talent level since the teams know each other so well. They have a lot to learn about this new team though.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
We all love to bash Williams, but the intensity and tackling isn't there....for sure.
And that intensity is showing again this year. Just 6 yards out of first place in most penalty yards.

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
Seattle's offense is not as intimidating as Dallas'. If you keep Wilson in the pocket, he struggles. Especially when his offensive line protects him like a torn condom. Lacy is a left guard playing RB, Graham has never been the same since leaving NO, and Baldwin is only good if Wilson buys the time to get him the ball.

Even still, I'm sure we will find a way to suffer in run defense and they will have some lucky breaks. I'm looking to see if we can continue our offensive production against our toughest defensive test yet.
Their receivers always get open because Wilson keeps plays alive for so long. And they always seem to come up big on 3rd down and in the red-zone; but I think we'll be fine.