Has Wade's D Finally Kicked In?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

RAMSRULES

UDFA
Name
RAMSRULES
Having given up 68 points in the previous 2 games and 24 points before the half at Dallas, the Ram's D held Dallas to 6 points after the half: has Wade's D finally Kicked in? We will see vs Seattle!

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Not sure, but moving Brockers & Tanzel Smart to NT paid dividends as Brockers had his best game in a very long time. Hopefully that will carry over against the Seahawks who do not have as good as an offense as Dallas or an offensive line, but their defense is much better.

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Seattle's offense is not as intimidating as Dallas'. If you keep Wilson in the pocket, he struggles. Especially when his offensive line protects him like a torn condom. Lacy is a left guard playing RB, Graham has never been the same since leaving NO, and Baldwin is only good if Wilson buys the time to get him the ball.

Even still, I'm sure we will find a way to suffer in run defense and they will have some lucky breaks. I'm looking to see if we can continue our offensive production against our toughest defensive test yet.

RamsFan47

Rookie
Isn't it interesting how Games get bigger and bigger when you're winning...this Seattle game is HUGE...stay focused, don't believe the hype

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
If the D starts out strong then I’d say it is turning the corner. If not, then it is still a work in progress. I love the fact that they are making adjustments. What I want to see is them making adjustments to put their foot on an opponent’s throat that they already have down.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
What I want to see is them making adjustments to put their foot on an opponent’s throat that they already have down.
Yeah... need to have a better game plan going into the game.

I was surprised at the defense in that first half... given that Phillips and players had all that time to game plan and practice.

We'll see... but this is a dangerous way to win (counting that adjustments made at halftime will always work).

khel72

Rookie
This defense is going to be a work in progress. I expect them to continue to improve, and when they get fully acclimated they will be scary. The talent is there just got to get the execution right

leoram

LA/St Louis/LA fan
Um, Dallas has three perennial Pro Bowlers on the OLine and the Hawks’ OLine is a dumpster fire that will look like tissue paper this Sunday. As much as Dallas’ overrated D made our offense look even better than it is yet, the Seachicken offense will make us believe our D has turned the corner.

Dak and Russell are the same player to me. Both are dynamic competitors who are better passers than most give them credit for being because they also use their legs. As much as I despise all things Seahawk, I have tremendous respect for RWilson. Unfortunately, he hasn’t the OLine, RB’s, or WR’s to be consistently good.

I actually expect to see is score roughly have as much on offense v the Hawks but completely dominate on defense. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Not sure, but moving Brockers & Tanzel Smart to NT paid dividends as Brockers had his best game in a very long time. Hopefully that will carry over against the Seahawks who do not have as good as an offense as Dallas or an offensive line, but their defense is much better.
Micheal Brockers move from NT to DE is brilliant. The DE post that MB started in was the 5 tech (left side) DE position in the Wade 34 "D". Tyrunn Walker an under 6-3 315 pound newly signed UFA from the Lions & Saints started the first 3 games @ this post. TW is the largest girth wise DL'er that Wade has on his MR. TW was moved from the starting DE post to reserve NT behind Rookie Tanzel Smart a under 6-1 296 pounder.

I would think that MB seeing the new DC hire took upon himself to redefine his 6-6 326 pound NT frame to fit the mold of a penetrating 5 tech DE in Wade's 34 D. MB might have had enough of the double teams as a NT. MB has some extra long arms to battle NFL OT's with. Now listed around 300 lbs sure fits this 5 tech position. Yesterday MB batted down 2 important Dak's throws. MB has been seen playing out of his NT position since the season began. Tyrunn Walker & Tanzel Smart were often lining up @ the NT. So this announced post change did not just happen in Dallas, but began when the season started with a few here & a few there & MB got good out there.

Most know I have been a big MB fan since his arrival I have a history of posting positive on MB. Much more than fans favorite Aaron Donald by a large amount. If we just use this seasons stats as a indicator of what the stats might look like at the end of the 2017 season this is what you might see. Realizing that AD was MIA for the Colts game.

Aaron Donald would have 28 tackles & 4 sacks. Micheal Brockers would have 72 tackles & 4 sacks.
http://www.nfl.com/player/aarondonald/2543485/gamelogs
http://www.nfl.com/player/michaelbrockers/2533050/gamelogs

Another element that came to light with this move is MB is on the field for more plays & thus making bigger plays. Currently MB is the star of this Wade Deference Line by a long ways......how can this be when the best defensive player in the NFL is on the field too?

DE Brockers/ Westbrooks
NT- Smart/ Walker / Bryant
DT- Donald/ Fox/ Jefferson

Last edited:

Noregar

Starter
Name
Roger
The defense has stood tall at the end of the last two games and made game saving stops on fourth down two weeks in row and also stopped two 2-point conversions late in the fourth. They have come through when it really mattered most unlike last season where the defense wilted in the fourth quarter of close some games (think Miami). Yes It does really help a defense when an offense allows them to get some rest and not get so worn down.

Even though I think they will get better as the season progresses if the injury bug does not hit hard, it is already clear the Rams D will NOT finish the season as a top 5 unit as some expected/hoped before the season started and they will probably not finish in the top 10 either. This defense has given up too many points for the talent level they were supposed to have on paper but perhaps that is because some of that talent may be overrated.

HeiseNBerg

Pro Bowler
If you keep Wilson in the pocket, he struggles. Especially when his offensive line protects him like a torn condom.

That's what the Rams' D seemed to do more of, in the 2nd half yesterday -- keeping Prescott in the pocket. Some of his throws later in the game were WAY off target.

They need to dial up more of the same against Wilson next week.

Adi

Pro Bowler
Name
Adi
Brokers and 99 dominated that game yesterday, seems like alot of pressure has been put on them to make linebackers jobs easier...secondary looked decent without Joyner, will obly get better once he's healthy.
Tru has been playing pretty good and seems to still be adjusting to man defense , he will too only get better

James Otto

Starter
Micheal Brockers move from NT to DE is brilliant. The DE post that MB started in was the 5 tech (left side) DE position in the Wade 34 "D". Tyrunn Walker an under 6-3 315 pound newly signed UFA from the Lions & Saints started the first 3 games @ this post. TW is the largest girth wise DL'er that Wade has on his MR. TW was moved from the starting DE post to reserve NT behind Rookie Tanzel Smart a under 6-1 296 pounder.

I would think that MB seeing the new DC hire took upon himself to redefine his 6-6 326 pound NT frame to fit the mold of a penetrating 5 tech DE in Wade's 34 D. MB might have had enough of the double teams as a NT. MB has some extra long arms to battle NFL OT's with. Now listed around 300 lbs sure fits this 5 tech position. Yesterday MB batted down 2 important Dak's throws. MB has been seen playing out of his NT position since the season began. Tyrunn Walker & Tanzel Smart were often lining up @ the NT. So this announced post change did not just happen in Dallas, but began when the season started with a few here & a few there & MB got good out there.

Most know I have been a big MB fan since his arrival I have a history of posting positive on MB. Much more than fans favorite Aaron Donald by a large amount. If we just use this seasons stats as a indicator of what the stats might look like at the end of the 2017 season this is what you might see. Realizing that AD was MIA for the Colts game.

Aaron Donald would have 28 tackles & 4 sacks. Micheal Brockers would have 72 tackles & 4 sacks.
http://www.nfl.com/player/aarondonald/2543485/gamelogs
http://www.nfl.com/player/michaelbrockers/2533050/gamelogs

Another element that came to light with this move is MB is on the field for more plays & thus making bigger plays. Currently MB is the star of this Wade Deference Line by a long ways......how can this be when the best defensive player in the NFL is on the field too?

DE Brockers/ Westbrooks
NT- Smart/ Walker / Bryant
DT- Donald/ Fox/ Jefferson

Careful with the stats though. AD has nine, yes, NINE, QB pressures yesterday. That is insane. Doesn't show up in the stat book, but he was a monster yesterday.

nighttrain

Legend
Brockers at DE, has to benefit from having QB's run to him, away from AD's pressure from the right side. Brockers doing a great job, as is Donald
train

RamsFlash80

Pro Bowler
I guess we will find out this week. Seattle looks like they finally got there offense going. Im a little worried about Wilson killing us with his legs.