Has Wade's D Finally Kicked In?

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Careful with the stats though. AD has nine, yes, NINE, QB pressures yesterday. That is insane. Doesn't show up in the stat book, but he was a monster yesterday.
Why tell me to be careful with factual facts & stats? :thinking: Is something going to happen to me?:shocking:

My post was NOT about DL'er Aaron Donald. AD has a few Million of those already here in the ROD Search Data File.;).

Maybe you could start another thread about Aaron Donald QB pressures since its on your mind. I do not have those hidden QB pressure numbers available to me & would love :love: to digest them.(y) Who gathers that information James & are they careful to be correct?:)

Last edited:

Ramlock

Here we f’n go, baby!
Name
Ramlock
I would think that MB seeing the new DC hire took upon himself to redefine his 6-6 326 pound NT frame to fit the mold of a penetrating 5 tech DE in Wade's 34 D. MB might have had enough of the double teams as a NT. MB has some extra long arms to battle NFL OT's with. Now listed around 300 lbs sure fits this 5 tech position. Yesterday MB batted down 2 important Dak's throws. MB has been seen playing out of his NT position since the season began. Tyrunn Walker & Tanzel Smart were often lining up @ the NT. So this announced post change did not just happen in Dallas, but began when the season started with a few here & a few there & MB got good out there.

Most know I have been a big MB fan since his arrival I have a history of posting positive on MB.
Aaron Donald would have 28 tackles & 4 sacks. Micheal Brockers would have 72 tackles & 4 sacks.
http://www.nfl.com/player/aarondonald/2543485/gamelogs
http://www.nfl.com/player/michaelbrockers/2533050/gamelogs

Another element that came to light with this move is MB is on the field for more plays & thus making bigger plays. Currently MB is the star of this Wade Deference Line by a long ways......how can this be when the best defensive player in the NFL is on the field too?

DE Brockers/ Westbrooks
NT- Smart/ Walker / Bryant
DT- Donald/ Fox/ Jefferson

Great post!

Michael Brockers is jacked....no fat on him at training camp....dude looked like he was 240 not 300 pounds.

1maGoh

Hall of Fame
At the game yesterday I spent all my time watching the defensive lines. The Rams were really freaking close to getting so many more sacks and delivered several brutal hits. During that game. Our d line was doing great in the pass game, no surprise, and it was great to be able to watch it start to finish without the freaking camera leaving to follow the ball.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Brockers at DE, has to benefit from having QB's run to him, away from AD's pressure from the right side. Brockers doing a great job, as is Donald
train
I think they both benefit from the other. Brockers drives a lot of plays himself.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
At the game yesterday I spent all my time watching the defensive lines. The Rams were really freaking close to getting so many more sacks and delivered several brutal hits. During that game. Our d line was doing great in the pass game, no surprise, and it was great to be able to watch it start to finish without the freaking camera leaving to follow the ball.

That is one of the really great things about seeing a game live. I also like to see how the sidelines are reacting and how the units are acting when they are not on the field.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I was there as well... and the DAL Oline was holding a LOT!

Farr Be It

Hall of Fame
That's awesome, @1maGoh . Tell us more about the experience in Jerry World. Edit: You too @Rmfnlt
  • Were there many Ram fans there?
  • Were the Cowgirl fans obnoxious. (Did you have to take anyone down? :shocking: )
  • Did you feel the tenor of the game shift in the third quarter?
Thanks bro!
:cheers:

James Otto

Starter
Why tell me to be careful with factual facts & stats? :thinking: Is something going to happen to me?:shocking:

My post was NOT about DL'er Aaron Donald. AD has a few Million of those already here in the ROD Search Data File.;).

Maybe you could start another thread about Aaron Donald QB pressures since its on your mind. I do not have those hidden QB pressure numbers available to me & would love :love: to digest them.(y) Who gathers that information James & are they careful to be correct?:)

It was you that laid out AD's and MB's stats, paying particular attention to the fact that they would have the same number of sacks when extrapolated over the full season.

It's just one category, and an overrated one.

Brockers is a fine player - he's extra exciting now that he's leaned up a bit and is moving all over the line.

I've seen a barrage of posts all across the forum about how Donald has been under-performing so far. I encourage everyone to rewatch the games and just cue in on Donald to truly understand his impact.

I counted TEN QB pressures for Donald yesterday, but Stats LLC said NINE.

Rmfnlt

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Were there many Ram fans there?
A fair amount... about the same as the other games I've gone to here. Luckily, my row had about three Rams fans and the row behind us was pretty full too. They seemed to be rooting a lot for Brockers (guessing maybe they came over from Louisiana - he went to LSU)

Were the Cowgirl fans obnoxious.
Not really... I've gone to at least five Rams games here (going back to Texas Stadium). For the most part, they are pretty respectful. I'll tell you one thing, that place gets VERY loud when they all cheer... I think there was about 90K there yesterday... a REAL 90K. The place is huge and it was pretty packed. Go to the Celebration thread to see some pics I put up.
A number of DAL fans congratulated me after the game and said the Rams are a good team! (y)

Did you feel the tenor of the game shift in the third quarter?
Yeah... the DAL offense really started to struggle. All the media today is blaming the offense. Interesting stat... of 11 offensive possessions, the Rams scored on 9 of them! Their defense got tired and the offense dried up. But, they were still there to the end... nail biter for sure and a great game!

The stadium is amazing... if you ever get a chance to see a game here, I highly recommend it.

Merlin

Enjoying the ride
Rams On Demand Sponsor
ROD Credit | 2023 TOP Member
Having given up 68 points in the previous 2 games and 24 points before the half at Dallas, the Ram's D held Dallas to 6 points after the half: has Wade's D finally Kicked in? We will see vs Seattle!

First off you get a "Thread Winner" vote from me due to your avatar alone. Nice job there lol.

My answer to your question is a resounding YES. What they did in the second half vs one of the most powerful and capable offenses in this league, in their house, and on the heels of being manhandled in the first half, was nothing short of incredible.

That Dallas game, IMO, is the milestone where our defense truly starts to click. As I've been saying, they have actually been improving in different elements as they make adjustments to personnel and try to coach up the others. Their run defense was improving prior to the first half vs Dallas and looked good in the second half to help us get a huge win.

This Rams team just jelled in front of our eyes and yes the defense is going to be better from here on out. They have good talent overall, and elite coaching. They are going to face a desperate Seattle team who knows they need to win this game next Sunday, and Wilson is going to test that contain that has been so up and down. But I think the defense will play quite well from this point forward.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
It was you that laid out AD's and MB's stats, paying particular attention to the fact that they would have the same number of sacks when extrapolated over the full season.

It's just one category, and an overrated one.

Brockers is a fine player - he's extra exciting now that he's leaned up a bit and is moving all over the line.

I've seen a barrage of posts all across the forum about how Donald has been under-performing so far. I encourage everyone to rewatch the games and just cue in on Donald to truly understand his impact.

I counted TEN QB pressures for Donald yesterday, but Stats LLC said NINE.
Understand...but you still did not answer why I should be careful ?

Should I take it this way then .....that I need to be cautious when giving positive info on another Ram DL'er that's not directed to make Aaron Donald look good or not to use AD's season stats as a measure & value stick that gives attention in a positive way on another Ram DL'er..... Thus these actions might caused a negative reaction with AD fans in here.

Does your information indicate the numerous plays that DL'ers vacated their assigned area & responsibilities to give way for big running events or the collected whiffs on tackles too......or does it just collect the positive QB pressures that is one of the main AD skills?

James Otto

Starter
Understand...but you still did not answer why I should be careful ?

Should I take it this way then .....that I need to be cautious when giving positive info on another Ram DL'er that's not directed to make Aaron Donald look good or not to use AD's season stats as a measure & value stick that gives attention in a positive way on another Ram DL'er..... Thus these actions might caused a negative reaction with AD fans in here.

Does your information indicate the numerous plays that DL'ers vacated their assigned area & responsibilities to give way for big running events or the collected whiffs on tackles too......or does it just collect the positive QB pressures that is one of the main AD skills?

But careless use of stats creates confusion. Watching AD (and Wade said as much), he doesn't have much responsibility in the system for gap contain. He's simply supposed to shoot and penetrate.

TSFH Fan

Epic Music Guy
spagnola-this-was-absolutely-no-time-to-lend-the-rams-a-helping-hand-hero.jpg

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
But careless use of stats creates confusion. Watching AD (and Wade said as much), he doesn't have much responsibility in the system for gap contain. He's simply supposed to shoot and penetrate.
Now I gotcha thanks (y)

I do dislike those creators of confusion too....One more question ...So what determines the careless stats from the not so careless stats? Now I might be getting close to confusing my one working brain cell:confused:. Its not hard to do:D

Wade may want to rethink some of those assigned penetrations on these run downs. It sure appeared that the Ram front seven were busy in creating confusion in their run defense effectiveness for most of the first half against the Cowboys. I will agree with you I did not see much responsibility in gap containment in the first half either.

On the real serious side :cheers:you have been a good Ram fan sport here:bow:. I would like to welcome you to a great Ram family forum here in ROD land! Welcome aboard I am so glad you gave me some of your time today. I really enjoy it. Trust me your going to fit in well here. I look forward to many future good decent Ram discussions here:grouphug:, I promise I be on my usual nice behavior:sneaky:.

JRobinson

MiLB
I think it has improved a little. But, it's not significant enough to really say that it's "kicked in" IMO.

As others have mentioned, Brockers had his best game as a Ram it appears. Likewise, the switching along the line had a massive impact for all of the rushers. Donald killed their interior and Quinn was getting around the edge a lot, even though he didn't have a sack. I missed seeing Longacre out there, but if the results we saw against Dallas sacrificed Longacre's playing time then that's fine by me.