HardKnocks Episode I Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

…..

Legend
I couldn't help it. So in the nick of time I sprung the extra Benjamin's to add a premium package to my already expensive cable bill. Its only for 6 weeks, I'll manage.

Them: "Sir we have the perfect package for you! Plus, we can save you money if you add the bundled phone service with unlimited long distance. A technician can be there by Wednesday"

Me: " Huh? Technician? I don't want a technician. I just want to watch Hard Knocks. I'm offering you money to keep your phone service and just get me HBO.....TONIGHT"

Them: "Yes...um....ok sir. We can do that for you too"

Me: "Thank you so much"

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
I couldn't help it. So in the nick of time I sprung the extra Benjamin's to add a premium package to my already expensive cable bill. Its only for 6 weeks, I'll manage.

Them: "Sir we have the perfect package for you! Plus, we can save you money if you add the bundled phone service with unlimited long distance. A technician can be there by Wednesday"

Me: " Huh? Technician? I don't want a technician. I just want to watch Hard Knocks. I'm offering you money to keep your phone service and just get me HBO.....TONIGHT"

Them: "Yes...um....ok sir. We can do that for you too"

Me: "Thank you so much"

Mr. @Dog , there is a Mr. Aaron Donald on line 2. He says he would like you to represent him in contract negotiations next year with a Mr. Kroenke.

He would like to meet with you, and discuss this issue over a game of ping pong.

Shoman01

Rookie
Very excited after watching that 1st episode! I know there are some that hated the first 5 or 10 minutes and I'm sorry but this is meant to create excitement for our team and the NFL.

Not shocked that Goff, and others, didn't know the sun rose in the East :D Dumb jock stereotypes and all!

Anybody else notice the tempo of the highlights? The first half hour most all the play highlights were bad. Missed catches, bad throws, RB getting hit at the line etc etc then the 2nd half the plays were completed a lot more.

I loved the emphasis the team puts on the special teams practice and Harkey taking the lead there driving home to the young/new players that roster spots are earned in those practices.

Kroenke spending a little of his huge bank roll and buying them AC units when none of the dorms or meeting rooms had them.

Gurley is a smack talker!

Wauffle personifies the old saying:

TS1165.jpg_3.jpg

Kush is a nut job and I hope he takes the backup center job!

Fisher clowning on Tavon for his cramp was awesome in my book!

That's all I can think of for now. Love the first episode.
Tavon's new nickname... 2 bananas .

rafa

Starter
Name
Rafael
@rafa hows things going way down there in Brazil......

Hey Les, how are u?
First I have to apologize to @Selassie I , I could not answer his question in another post about the Olympics, didn't found time for that, sorry. i will use this space to respond to you both

Things here are not the best, the country does not live a good time, actually through the worst moment in its history. From 2015 we found serious corruption crimes committed by the political party that held the presidency of the country. The damage was unimaginable, they broke Petrobras, which is the largest "firm" in the country. It is estimated that over R $ 170 billion stolen (U $ 53 billion). The Olympics did not come at a good time, of course this is the fault of the Brazilian and not the rest of the world, I understand. About 55% of the population does not approve the games here, which is a shame, but it's understandable.

As for games, it seems that everything is ok, the coverage of the games here is massive. As far as I watch and watch the news it seems to be working well, apparently there are not many complaints. I live far from Rio de Janeiro, so it's hard to know everything that goes on there. Tourists seem to be enjoying it. Rio is a beautiful place, the only bad thing is the people who live there, I do not like them.

Unfortunately Brazilians are not competing very well, I really thought we would get more medals.

aaaaaand today is GAME DAY, GO RAMS!:football::yess:

KDS73

Rookie
Finally got a chance to see it. Goff definitely is a bit of a goofball. And I kinda get the impression that Weinke doesn't care for that kind of attitude at all. I think Weinke was trying to verbally smack some of that out of him when he dressed him down during the "It ought to give you chills" speech.

Last edited:

Roman Snow

H.I.M.
Name
John
Hey Les, how are u?
First I have to apologize to @Selassie I , I could not answer his question in another post about the Olympics, didn't found time for that, sorry. i will use this space to respond to you both

Things here are not the best, the country does not live a good time, actually through the worst moment in its history. From 2015 we found serious corruption crimes committed by the political party that held the presidency of the country. The damage was unimaginable, they broke Petrobras, which is the largest "firm" in the country. It is estimated that over R $ 170 billion stolen (U $ 53 billion). The Olympics did not come at a good time, of course this is the fault of the Brazilian and not the rest of the world, I understand. About 55% of the population does not approve the games here, which is a shame, but it's understandable.

As for games, it seems that everything is ok, the coverage of the games here is massive. As far as I watch and watch the news it seems to be working well, apparently there are not many complaints. I live far from Rio de Janeiro, so it's hard to know everything that goes on there. Tourists seem to be enjoying it. Rio is a beautiful place, the only bad thing is the people who live there, I do not like them.

Unfortunately Brazilians are not competing very well, I really thought we would get more medals.

aaaaaand today is GAME DAY, GO RAMS!:football::yess:

Wow, Rafa. Very sad, but interesting comments. Thanks for the update. :)

I think the lesson we can all learn from this is: Fear government power. Large private sector companies, even at their worst, provide jobs, and positive benefits to society. Government power leeches and kills opportunity. And intimidates citizenry. Universally. At least, that is what our naïve Founding Fathers believed.:sneaky:

Pretty smart guys.

Sadly, America is feeling the effects of government bloat, and power, and arrogance, too.:unsure:

gabriel18

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Just watched and was very impressed . Let's hope he's right about the 7-9 crap , but after last night I'll believe it when I see it . The first string looked a lot like what I've seen the past 4 years .

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
Was a fun episode in a number of ways.

I LIKE that Weinke didn't hold back from saying point blank, "you see yourself as a starting QB, but not everyone can handle it. It doesn't happen by osmosis. You have to earn it."

I missed the game due to a wicked migraine, but got a lil play by play via text from a friend.

I think Goff will ultimately be fine in the end, but it's clear that he's got a ways to go. His footwork is way ahead of his playcalling, for example. And seriously, who goes to BERKELEY and doesn't know that the sun rises in the east??? Keep Goff away from William Hayes...PLEASE!!! He'll have a mermaid tattoo before we know it.

AD seems like a "Ray Lewis" type... a guy who will compete at everything and guys will run through walls not to let him down. That's a very good thing for the Rams. Guys older than AD look up to him and see him as THE example.

I'm loving the "attention to detail" focus. Guys have to take ownership if this team is going to succeed. As my friend pointed out, while I was sweating the first part of the season, if we come out strong, we could easily go 5-2 if we minimize mistakes and simply execute. The booger is the last half of the season. That's were "two bananas" could get us going 2-7 and right back to where we've been. Not that it would be Tavon's fault, but that lack of focus would do it. A vision of success has to come from the top. It's good that he's putting it out there. Cutting Deon sure sent a message, I bet...

I know they don't like to do anything beyond vanilla in preseason, but I surely hope the Rams offense works out some details so that the Rams D isn't on the field for 35 mins a game like last season. Whether it's WRs stepping up, Higbee breaking out, Keenum improving, Goff stepping up, Gurley having a monster year... (can we get all of the above?), hopefully over the next few episodes, we'll see this team develop.