HardKnocks Episode I Thread

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

kurtfaulk

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor

It's up on kodi, just watched it. Meetings and on the field, great. Everything else, meh. Hopefully they just stick to those two things moving forward.

Psycho_X

Legend
Was ok, not great. Hope they spend more time on the players and camp battles in the future.

Things I learned,

It took Fisher 4 years to find mediocre unacceptable... or was it 21 years? But better late than never. Also, finds baby mamas at practice distracting.

Token liberal arts degrees are still mostly useless for basic real world knowledge.

Body surfing is basically people who can't actually surf and just throw themselves into waves and try not to drown.

Aaron Donald tries to see if he can kill people with a single ping pong ball.

Fisher likes to know if you're having a nice summer before he tells you you're fired and ruins the rest of it.

Mike Waufle can kill you with his pinky.

rafa

Starter
Name
Rafael
Hey, good news for those who could not watch yet.
I found a link to download via torrent.
Who want here is the link. Just 900MB.

I do not know how the politics of other countries on downloading / piracy, so be careful.

Ps: If any moderator feel that is not according to the rules of ROD, feel free to delete this post / link :boxing:

LesBaker

Mr. Savant
Name
Les
What happened in the first few minutes that disparaged STL? I don't and won't watch the show I can't stand "reality" TV since a lot of it is actually scripted or planned out.

@rafa hows things going way down there in Brazil......

Psycho_X

Legend
What happened in the first few minutes that disparaged STL?.

Nothing was disparaging about it really just an extremely sad montage of them emptying out rams park in earth city. All though it was all gloomy and sad followed by upbeat, party music making it seem like the Rams just escaped hell on earth. But nothing I wasn't expecting. I teared up though. The beginning and the end were extremely hard to watch. I think my wife is starting to wonder if she should get me some Prozac for a few months lol.

Loyal

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nothing was disparaging about it really just an extremely sad montage of them emptying out rams park in earth city. All though it was all gloomy and sad followed by upbeat, party music making it seem like the Rams just escaped hell on earth. But nothing I wasn't expecting. I teared up though. The beginning and the end were extremely hard to watch. I think my wife is starting to wonder if she should get me some Prozac for a few months lol.

The coverage of this situation is unprecedented.....The last move was in the 1990's, before the internet raged with popularity and usage. It was before social media...It was before fantasy football (mostly)...It was before the ability of fans to watch their team via the internet and join blogs where knowledge could be quickly shared. The MOVE to LA and all that entails will be hard to take, because the story of the "Rams going back home where they belong" will be front and center all year, which would make it tough for me to watch if I was from St Louis...Hell, even back when the Rams left LA, i didn't watch the Rams that first year, so I have no memory of Busch Stadium games.....

Wolfecola

Wubba Lubba Dub Dub

Same reaction I had.

Given the stretch the Rams had from what, 07-11? The fact that the dome wasn't empty on sundays was amazing to me. No doubt in my mind the people in St. Louis gave the Rams their full support. The city, on the other hand, screwed themselves imo. But no need to rehash that discussion I guess.

Still feel bad for St. Louis Rams fans, especially ones who were Football Cardinal fans prior to '95. Within a span of 27 years, losing 2 franchises. Damn.

Psycho_X

Legend
The coverage of this situation is unprecedented.....The last move was in the 1990's, before the internet raged with popularity and usage. It was before social media...It was before fantasy football (mostly)...It was before the ability of fans to watch their team via the internet and join blogs where knowledge could be quickly shared. The MOVE to LA and all that entails will be hard to take, because the story of the "Rams going back home where they belong" will be front and center all year, which would make it tough for me to watch if I was from St Louis...Hell, even back when the Rams left LA, i didn't watch the Rams that first year, so I have no memory of Busch Stadium games.....

It is unprecedented, with so many avenues of information to travel and entertainment in general these days it is extremely hard to not be constantly reminded about it. I know LA lost them originally and I know other cities have lost teams more recently than them but I don't think any fan has gone through the barrage of reminders, negativity and in your face marketing that St. Louis area fans have gone through this year and will go through for years to come. It's hard to not take it personal which I've tried to not do. Not saying it's worse than other fans who have lost teams as it sucks no matter what time it happens. But the word unprecedented is appropriate.

Still feel bad for St. Louis Rams fans, especially ones who were Football Cardinal fans prior to '95. Within a span of 27 years, losing 2 franchises. Damn.

Luckily I was too young to care about the Cardinals leaving. I was 16 when the Rams came to town so I was ripe for the picking for them Lost without a team but interested in the NFL I was one of the perfect souls to put an impression on. Starting off that first season 5-1 I was hooked despite the depths the organization often sank. Fortunately I always had "BRUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUCE!!!!!!" to get me through most of it. Will be my favorite player till the end of time.

Memento

Your (Somewhat) Friendly Neighborhood Authoress.
Name
Jemma
The thing that I took away was this:

TAVON AUSTIN PLAYS POKEMON GO OMFG! How many other players play that game, I wonder?

Last edited:

RaminExile

Hall of Fame
I've got it on Kodi now. Was ok - not the greatest hard knocks ever. I want more footage of camp - less of the guys going to the beach or installing a fan in their dorm. I liked Fisher's speeches and his trying to instill some feeling of self-motivation in the guys. I sometimes think how difficult it must be to manage a bunch of 20 something year old guys like this because they haven't all figured out that THEY are the only ones who can dictate to themselves how good they can be. I also liked Wienke pushing Goff - giving him some shit to see how he handles a bit of adversity. He's going to have to earn respect which is the way it should be and the way I think Goff will want it.

SteveBrown

Pro Bowler
Name
Steve
Thanks so much!!!!

Do we click on the same linkevery day for a new vid?

comments:
Love Kush: he is so unaware of how he appears, and he will be a camera 'hero'
Pharaoh Cooper:
"in the air" and later "in the west"....wow.
Though, technically, if we revolve around the sun (if!), then the sun doesn't rise because it is set in place.
Fisher: didn't sell me on the "we won't be 7-9"...voice tone was weak.
Tavon: another camera hero
Higbee: I wanna see , I think he will bring something specia. to this show.
AD: is a competitor; he was so frustrated at Sims' inability....

Tron

Fights for the User
Name
Tron
Finally got a chance to watch this, here is my take away:

-Fisher should have kept the beard.
-The moving from STL montage was sad, especially when they showed the framed picture on the ground of Vermeil and Warner after winning the SB.
-Kush is gonna make cameos in movies where a gym scene is involved.
-Chris Weinke is gonna be really good for Goff.
-Waufle is awesome as fuck, could have his own show. Hes a cross between J.K. Simmons(from whiplash) and R. Lee Ermey! We're gonna blow the fuckin NFL up!!
-two bananas????:palm:
-