Gus Bradley Fired @ Jax Jags

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm sure that will be part of the plan, but Tom has got three years left in him just enough time to get the Cats on the winning track and it will galvanize the city, that's for sure.

I'll say this, I'm from Jacksonville. The people here still love Coughlin.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
Thus is bad news.

What team would you rather coach

Blake Bortles, Allen Hurns, Allen Robinson, and TJ Yellow

Or

Jared Goff, Todd Gurley, and Tavon Austin....

We may lose out on our number one target.
I must be missing the "obvious?"
Both teams have some nice pieces.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
He coached them into the league didn't he?

Correct. And they were very successful early on. However, the salary cap was implemented in 1994. So there wasn't a ton of experience dealing with the cap. The Jaguars GM, Michael Huyghue, did a terrible job of keeping track of the cap and designing player contracts. The Jaguars made the playoffs in 4 out of the first 5 years as an organization. They went 14-2 in 1999 and were within spitting distance of the Super Bowl.(the only team to beat them that year were Fisher's Titans...they beat them twice in the regular season and then beat them a third time in the AFC Champ Game)

However, in 2000, Huyghue's mismanagement of the cap caused them to have to gut the team. And they didn't give Coughlin the necessary time to rebuild it.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
IMO, we'll have our choice. There are too many unknowns in Jacksonville.

But I, personally, would rather live in Jacksonville than LA. I know a lot of people wouldn't feel the same way. But I would make a lot more money when you factor in cost of living and the LA lifestyle isn't appealing to me (nor is spending half of my life in traffic).
I would too. I'm not a big city kinda guy. But millionaire coaches would probably prefer the big city with the enormous stadium and the huge crowds.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
And how has the defense done since he left?

I have found that fan complaints about their coaches generally turn out to be accurate. Doesn't mean Bradley sucks, but I'm not a fan of his.
I'm not a fan either, but he built a pretty good defense over there from the ground up. They weren't very good his first couple of years there and then they became very good. As I said, though, a lot of it probably had to do with drafting. But I wouldn't discount his ability to coordinate defenses based upon how they were able to do after he left.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I'm not a fan either, but he built a pretty good defense over there from the ground up. They weren't very good his first couple of years there and then they became very good. As I said, though, a lot of it probably had to do with drafting. But I wouldn't discount his ability to coordinate defenses based upon how they were able to do after he left.

Eh, I have a hard time crediting him for building the defense when Carroll and Schneider are there. JMO.

I don't think he's a terrible DC. I just am not a fan. I think he's too passive.

I would too. I'm not a big city kinda guy. But millionaire coaches would probably prefer the big city with the enormous stadium and the huge crowds.

I don't know. I'd love to coach in Buffalo if it didn't involve living in Buffalo. Same with Cleveland. I would love to bring winning back to one of those fan-bases. I'd enjoy bringing winning back to Buffalo or Cleveland a lot more than I would New York or Dallas or Los Angeles. But that's just me.

Jacobarch

Hall of Fame
Name
Jake
Nice editorializing you idiot Florio. What a freak nutz. I could be wrong but didn't he question the timing of the Fisher firing?

And while I'm at it. Hire a freaking editor you hack. Too much of a hurry to get this startling news to your massive audience?

So I get hammered on by mods via warnings and possible suspended account but the rules don't apply to you guys? Not picking a fight just pointing out the obvious.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
So I get hammered on by mods via warnings and possible suspended account but the rules don't apply to you guys? Not picking a fight just pointing out the obvious.
Bad form. Try the PM function. Right now i'm watching the game so you may have to wait for a reply. :)

Ramrasta

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Name
Tyler
Gus Bradley needed to go. Jacksonville has enough talent on their roster to make waves in their division but they somehow managed to SUCK on both sides of the ball under his hands. It sickened me with what he has done with Bortles. I don't want him near my team.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
What rule is that exactly? I'm pretty familiar with them.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/12/19/jaguars-name-marrone-interim-head-coach/

Jaguars name Marrone interim head coach
Posted by Zac Jackson on December 19, 2016

626169472-e1482168572734.jpg
Getty Images

A day after firing Gus Bradley, the Jaguars have named Doug Marrone as their interim head coach.

Marrone had been serving as the team’s offensive line coach and assistant head coach for the last two seasons. He was head coach of the Bills in 2013 and 2014 before opting out of his contract.

The Jaguars announced that general manager Dave Caldwell and Marrone will address the media at 2 p.m. Monday.

Bradley was fired after Sunday’s loss in Houston. The Jaguars were 14-48 in his four seasons as head coach.

Prime Time

PT
Name
Peter
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/12/19/jaguars-want-to-talk-to-tom-coughlin/

Jaguars want to talk to Tom Coughlin
Posted by Josh Alper on December 19, 2016

603212368-e1482176609696.jpg
Getty Images

The Jaguars won’t be able to talk to any coaches currently employed by NFL teams until the season comes to an end, but one candidate for the job isn’t bound by those restrictions.

Former Jaguars and Giants coach Tom Coughlin is now working for the league office, but the possibility of a return to Jacksonville has been bandied about at points this year in relation to Bradley’s expected departure. During a press conference on Monday, Jaguars General Manager David Caldwell said that the team is interested in talking to Coughlin.

It’s not known if Coughlin shares that interest, but he has said he’s interested in coaching since parting ways with the Giants in January. Caldwell also said interim head coach Doug Marrone will be a candidate and that he’s received “numerous phone calls” about the job since dispatching Bradley after Sunday’s loss to the Texans.

“I think it’s going to be an attractive job,” Caldwell said, via Ryan O’Halloran of the Florida Times Union.

Coughlin was the first head coach in Jaguars history and went 68-60 over eight seasons. That run included four playoff berths and a pair of trips to the AFC title game.