Gus Bradley Fired @ Jax Jags

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
No on Bradley for DC. His defenses weren't good in Jacksonville. His best ranking for ppg was 26 in 2014 when they allowed 25 ppg. No thanks.

That's when he was the Head Coach and unfair to judge him that way, Jim Schwartz is a good example, his defenses at Detroit were never that good, but his one heck of a coordinator. Mike Smith could never get his defense right in Atlanta, but was effective in Baltimore and now with Tampa.

Gregg Williams also defenses struggled in Buffalo, but he's a heck of a Coordinator, I would rather judge Bradley when he was a DC and memory serves me correctly the units in Seattle under his watch was pretty darn good, don't you think/

HitStick

Van Jefferson’s #1 fan
Thus is bad news.

What team would you rather coach

Blake Bortles, Allen Hurns, Allen Robinson, and TJ Yellow

Or

Jared Goff, Todd Gurley, and Tavon Austin....

We may lose out on our number one target.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Thus is bad news.

Or

WHERE would you rather coach though?
Jacksonville is entirely meh.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Glad the Jaguars finally made the move. They're just like the Rams. Plenty of talent but lack the coaching.

Our next DC?

Pass.

He did okay as the Seahawks Coordinator his last few years there.
But that just might be Schneider's doing.

Seattle fans complained about him a lot. Dan Quinn was a better DC there. Bradley is too vanilla. Not a fan.

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
He did okay as the Seahawks Coordinator his last few years there.
But that just might be Schneider's doing.
Yeah but the Seahawks didn't miss a beat once he left. You wonder if it was him or the system they run that made him successful.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Seattle fans complained about him a lot.
Well, they're stupid. He had a top 10 defense in 2011 and a top 5 in 2012 before he left, with the #1 ranked defense in points allowed his last year there.

-X-

Medium-sized Lebowski
Name
The Dude
Yeah but the Seahawks didn't miss a beat once he left. You wonder if it was him or the system they run that made him successful.
Dunno. A bad coordinator would mess that up though, wouldn't you think?

OldSchool

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Thus is bad news.

Or

Rams, Bortles has more pick 6's than wins in his career. It's a try to reclaim a QB or develop a QB debate.

Mackeyser

Supernovas are where gold forms; the only place.
Name
Mack
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Sorry, but it's no contest. The LA job is THE coaching job.

Period. Even if Jared Goff isn't your guy, they didn't give up so much that after a year or two, they can't get someone else if he's a total bust (I said if. I don't think that's the case at all)

It seems that Tony Dungy and I are of the same mind, tho. The point isn't to get the "hottest coordinator" or the "hottest college HC", but to get the coach that is the best fit for the organization.

I LOVE the example of the Rooney's and Pittsburgh. 3 HCs, ALL three have over 100 wins and all three have at least 1 SB win.

Honestly, I'm a little bent as a fan that we don't know Demoff's vision.

What the heck am I rooting for? This isn't a dang game show... it should be like a Mission Statement for any organization... framed in the lobby for all to see.

When someone thinks of Ram Football, they should KNOW what that is.

I'm a fan for over 40 years and right now? I got no clue...

Young Ram

Hall of Fame
Dunno. A bad coordinator would mess that up though, wouldn't you think?
True but how often do teams have elite DCs back to back? Just look at Dan Quinn and the falcons. His defenses there aren't very good either.

Another factor could be the players. Seattle has very good defensive players. Thomas, Sherman, Wagner, Bennett etc.

Zero

Pro Bowler
Thus is bad news.

Or

Disagree here.Still think we have the most appealing
job opening.Though the tax situation is definitely better in Florida

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Well, they're stupid. He had a top 10 defense in 2011 and a top 5 in 2012 before he left, with the #1 ranked defense in points allowed his last year there.

And how has the defense done since he left?

I have found that fan complaints about their coaches generally turn out to be accurate. Doesn't mean Bradley sucks, but I'm not a fan of his.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
WHERE would you rather coach though?
Jacksonville is entirely meh.

IMO, we'll have our choice. There are too many unknowns in Jacksonville.

But I, personally, would rather live in Jacksonville than LA. I know a lot of people wouldn't feel the same way. But I would make a lot more money when you factor in cost of living and the LA lifestyle isn't appealing to me (nor is spending half of my life in traffic).

den-the-coach

Fifty-four Forty or Fight
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Dennis
Only way that happens is if Coughlin can promise a great coach-in-waiting on his staff.

I'm sure that will be part of the plan, but Tom has got three years left in him just enough time to get the Cats on the winning track and it will galvanize the city, that's for sure.