Guess their first pick...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Who do you think they take with their first pick?

• Total voters

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
I am going with Matthews. Anything but Matthews or Clowney and I will be disappointed if the Rams stay at 2.

I am with you here fearsomefour.....If I just stopped my one brain cell from over heating for a short period of time and just focus on this one draft and just the draft not the Ram team as a whole my brain says Jadeveon first...but I just think overall JM gets the nod ....in being better for the Ram team in the long run.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
Taylor was an OSLB I wonder how many times the football is in his hands during 60 minutes compared to Sam Bradford.....think there's a bit of a difference there?

Well, there's the difference in our viewpoint.

I prefer an all time great OSLB to a very good QB.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Well, there's the difference in our viewpoint.

I prefer an all time great OSLB to a very good QB.

Looks like we will disagree here max but this Mack OLB'er could be the next close all time great we never know.

cvramsfan

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
either Watkins or Matthews. Leaning towards Matthews due to his proven blood line in the NFL and family history of health in the NFL

radjohns

UDFA
I'm guessing Robinson. However, that is based on the Rams staying at two. I'm not guessing that the Rams stay at two.

If they move down, then I'm guessing it's Matthews.

brokeu91

The super shrink
Name
Michael
I'm guessing Robinson. However, that is based on the Rams staying at two. I'm not guessing that the Rams stay at two.

If they move down, then I'm guessing it's Matthews.
That's pretty much my thoughts exactly

ramsince62

Hall of Fame
If Texas steps down on a deal with Atl for them to get Clowney, then I'd say it's Watkins. If Texas stays put and picks a QB, it's more likely they take Clowney for no other reason than BPA, although I'd still prefer Walkins or perhaps an OT depending upon perceived need and strategy at #13.

A55VA6

Legend
I honestly have NO IDEA who we're going to draft. So many possibilities at this point. But for fun, here are my Top 5 choices for the #2 pick or trade down picks if I were the St. Louis Rams:

1. Jadeveon Clowney, DE - If not picked #1 overall, he's the obvious choice at #2. Imagine loading the right side with Quinn and Clowney to rush the passer. This pick would possibly make this D-Line the most feared in the NFL.

2. Sammy Watkins, WR - Yes, we already have young playmakers, but you can never have too many. When he is compared to, and possibly better than, a guy like Julio Jones... How could you pass that up? Pair him with Austin, Bailey, Cook, Givens, and this offense suddenly looks dangerously fast and talented in the passing game.

3. Greg Robinson, OT - Can play both OT and OG. I think he has the most upside than any other offensive lineman in the draft. He's an absolute monster at run blocking and if the Rams are going to want to pound the ball with Stacy and Cunningham, they are going to need all the beef they can get on the OL. Having a healthy Jake Long, Saffold, Wells, Barksdale, and Robinson.. this O-line could be one hell of a run blocking machine. I'd feel confident in the pass blocking as well.

4. Mike Evans, WR - Not at #2, but in a trade down scenario. Evans' stock is rising as more teams are gaining interest, and I believe he will not be there at #13. So if the other 3 choices are off the board, I'd grab Evans. The Rams obviously want that big target outside. Brian Quick, in my opinion, is not that guy. Mike Evans is a true 6'5", 230 lbs, and runs a 4.5. He has some of the best hands since Calvin Johnson came out of the draft and he uses his size extremely well. Could give Bradford a target to look for when he's in trouble. Would be a great pick to me.

5. Jake Matthews, OT - He's a very good player, but like Evans, I would not take him at #2, but in trade down. I view Matthews strictly as an OT. He can play left and right at a high level. If Long isn't healthy by week 1, I would move Saffold to LT, Barksdale to RG, and put Matthews at RT. I really don't want to move around a rookie OT from left to right too much. Let him get comfortable on one side.

Alot of you probably disagree with that list, but that's how I would do it. At 13 I would be looking at DT Aaron Donald, CB Darqueze Dennard, S Calvin Pryor, QB Johnny Manziel (yes, if available somehow, I'd consider drafting Manziel) in that order. Gilbert and Clinton-Dix would be fall back options if none are available.

Last edited:

mr.stlouis

Legend
Name
Main Hook
I think Clowney is HOU's pick so my vote Watkins. That's our eventual pick May 8th.

Sum1

Hall of Fame
I'm going with "other guy". I want Watkins...but the regime has said nothing to indicate that they will go one direction or another. I am expecting something unexpected. I think nobody wants to trade up with the Rams and they select Khalil Mack.

Many heads explode.

CGI_Ram

Hamburger Connoisseur
Name
Burger man
I will be shocked if it's not Mathews.