Guess their first pick...

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

Who do you think they take with their first pick?

• Total voters

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
Ok. Who do you think they end up taking on May 8th?

BigRamFan

Super Bowl XXXVI was rigged!
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Craig
I'm going with G. Robinson, Max. He seems to be the perfect fit for one of our larger needs and I think that with Coach Bou's coaching he'll become a fixture at LT.

bomebadeeda

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Bome
Mathews.....

At the end of the day, Mathews is what Jeff Fisher wants and knows. And potential is just that........."what could be......"

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Clowney has got to be the top of the big board, so if he's there, he's the pick. If not, I believe Robinson is #2...so he's the pick.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I'm going with G. Robinson, Max. He seems to be the perfect fit for one of our larger needs and I think that with Coach Bou's coaching he'll become a fixture at LT.

Based on all the talk about searching for 2 HOF players like Baltimore got in 1994, I think its gotta be freaks of nature. That's Clowney, Robinson or Watkins. As much as I like Matthews, I don't think Snead is going that way.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Robinson at 2 but Matthews if he can be had at 6.

I would go Matthews first if it was me. I don't like to gamble with the first round picks and Robinson is a pass protection gamble as it stands right now. Can he do it at a high level with good coaching? probably. Has he done it at a high level up to now? No

ChrisW

Stating the obvious
Robinson at 2 but Matthews if he can be had at 6.

I would go Matthews first if it was me. I don't like to gamble with the first round picks and Robinson is a pass protection gamble as it stands right now. Can he do it at a high level with good coaching? probably. Has he done it at a high level up to now? No

If you pick Robinson and it ends up he can't play tackle in the NFL, but he plays at a pro-bowl level every year at guard, was it a wasted pick?

PhxRam

If you pick Robinson and it ends up he can't play tackle in the NFL, but he plays at a pro-bowl level every year at guard, was it a wasted pick?

I dont think ANY pro bowler is a wasted pick regardless of round.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
I think Matthews is the most likely but Clowney would be the pick if he got past #1 and they didn't have a strong trade offer.

jrry32

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Nope.

V3

Hall of Fame
I think the Rams continue the streak of taking guys I'm not fond of and take Kahlil and then Dennard. Ogletree was the only first rounder they've taken that I thought was good value.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend

Not to me. Maybe not the best value taking a Guard at 2 though. I do think he could be a pro bowl guard though. I guess it depends on what Snead and Fisher think about taking Guards that early. It was rumored that they liked Johnathon Cooper a lot last year. Not sure if that means they would have taken him if the opportunity to do so was there.

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
I think the Rams continue the streak of taking guys I'm not fond of and take Kahlil and then Dennard. Ogletree was the only first rounder they've taken that I thought was good value.

I didn't like either first round pick last year. Austin cost them a second and a first. That was a lot for such a small guy. Ogletree cost them the Vikings trade, which could have included Warford and two other picks. Not that picks are the end all be all, but the second round was pretty good last year.

V3

Hall of Fame
I didn't like either first round pick last year. Austin cost them a second and a first. That was a lot for such a small guy. Ogletree cost them the Vikings trade, which could have included Warford and two other picks. Not that picks are the end all be all, but the second round was pretty good last year.

Yeah, I forgot about that trade but I don't mind too much. I think Ogletree will be a Pro Bowler. True, they probably could have had a Pro Bowler at OG with Warford but who knows who else they would have taken with the extra picks. It could have ended up like the Pead trade where they missed out on good LB's in exchange for a guy in the 5th round that isn't even on the team anymore(I wanted them to get Levante David but they passed him too). I'm with you on Austin. I don't think a WR that isn't a #1 is worth the 8th and 46th pick in the draft. That's what I was getting at with value. I like Brockers but he's a run stuffer and I don't think NT's in a 4-3 are worth a pick in the top of the first round. So yeah, I'm noticing a trend which is why I went with who I think would be poor value for the poll.

Mojo Ram

Name
mojo
I have very recently changed my thinking as to what Snead is thinking...and i think Sammy Watkins will be the pick. I think.

max

Hall of Fame
Name
max
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter
I think Matthews is the most likely but Clowney would be the pick if he got past #1 and they didn't have a strong trade offer.

I have believed they were going with Matthews until this week. Just too much from Snead and Demoff saying they want freaks of nature, HOF type talents. That's not Matthews.

Dodgersrf

Name
Scott

I don't think it's fair, to undervalue what Brockers has done to help our run d.

V3

Hall of Fame
I don't think it's fair, to undervalue what Brockers has done to help our run d.

I'm not saying he's bad. I just don't believe in taking run stuffers at the top because they are easier to find than pass rushers. Most 4-3 defenses find their NT's later in the draft.

BonifayRam

Legend
Name
Vernon
Snead & Fisher have compiled & invested enormous serious chunks of cap monies in an OL that has some major concerns on the injury side?....... any NFL team that is depending on THREE injury prone players like Jake Long, Rodger Saffold and Scott Wells to do most of the heavy lifting in this upcoming season plus a gaping HOLE @ OLG & a ORT Barksdale who has only 13 NFL starts under his belt in addition an in mobile fragile often injured pocket passing QB........ oh did I forget to say Fisher has only one OL reserve who has any starts in the NFL?

Just might want to concentrate heavy & draft many of an OL'er but better to select an instant starter who could be plugged in anywhere along that OL......Jake Matthews is the Rx for this seriously often weak injured Ram OL. Going into this season with the above OL will let the Rams be consistent in one area over the last decade where they can draft in the upper half in 2015 draft.

Its really hard to purchase healthy needed solid good food when there is so much sexy pretty fancy wrapped candy in right in front of you.