Greg Williams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
I think, Arizona (last year) started this trend of QB getting rid of the ball as fast as possible against Rams DL. Palmer in that game was like 17/20 completions. Looks like Rams are yet to find an answer on how to force QBs to take 5 or 7 step drop throws. That is bread and butter for his DL to get Sacks. This is scheming and goes clearly to the footsteps of Fisher and Gregg Williams for failing to stop the bleeding with better game plan. Hope they raise up to the occasion...

Some of that last year, like in the AZ games, had to do with the off coverage. We are seeing more press coverage this year ... which makes it more frustrating. I would hope we'd get more picks or at least force more incompletions in that scenario.

…..

Legend
Some of that last year, like in the AZ games, had to do with the off coverage. We are seeing more press coverage this year ... which makes it more frustrating. I would hope we'd get more picks or at least force more incompletions in that scenario.

Unfortunately, the DL is basically our only team strength lately outside of punting so its easy for a team to practice all week and game plan primarily to defeat our line.

On the flip side, I'm increasingly pleased with our DB's this year so lets hope the trend changes. McGee was looking really good pr-injury and Gaines is coming on fast. But most of all Joyner I think is going to be a starter for us sooner than later. I like the way he brings it.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I'm pretty sure the radio said after the game that there were zero QB hits. There were hurries, but no hits. Could be wrong.
Really? I watched the game twice. Not sure how you could say the Rams weren't hitting Foles. We pounded him several times. The two jump balls he threw that resulted in bogus PI calls were while he was being hit IIRR. But he threw several passes to no one in particular as he was being hit. The announcers on TV were harping about how they'd rather see him take the sack than throw these balls up for grabs.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Where does one even find those kind of stats, anyways?
I dunno - maybe from someone who watched the game? I'm sure someone who actually watched the game has those stats.

V3

Hall of Fame
Really? I watched the game twice. Not sure how you could say the Rams weren't hitting Foles. We pounded him several times. The two jump balls he threw that resulted in bogus PI calls were while he was being hit IIRR. But he threw several passes to no one in particular as he was being hit. The announcers on TV were harping about how they'd rather see him take the sack than throw these balls up for grabs.
It's not me. It's what I heard on the radio right after the game. I even asked Jrry where I could find those kinds of stats. It's possible that on the plays where the Rams actually hit Foles, they didn't count because of a penalty. I have no idea. The radio could have been wrong. I might have heard wrong. I tried to make sure in my original post that it was clear that I wasn't certain. I'm all for knowing where to find those kinds of stats to know if I heard correctly or not.(edit...I see you posted as I wrote that last part.)

BKBISTRO

UDFA
We better be able to sack Kap next week - I watched a lot of the Chiefs-Niners game and it looked like when it was a passing play and Kap could not find his first option, he was completely dumbfounded as to what to do next - usually would try to take off and run or scramble around and throw it up. At one point I think KC sacked him 3 times in a row.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
It's not me. It's what I heard on the radio right after the game. I even asked Jrry where I could find those kinds of stats. It's possible that on the plays where the Rams actually hit Foles, they didn't count because of a penalty. I have no idea. The radio could have been wrong. I might have heard wrong. I tried to make sure in my original post that it was clear that I wasn't certain. I'm all for knowing where to find those kinds of stats to know if I heard correctly or not.(edit...I see you posted as I wrote that last part.)
Nah I get it. But what you heard was dead wrong. I'm not sure where you get those stats but I've seen them before.

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
Unfortunately, the DL is basically our only team strength lately outside of punting so its easy for a team to practice all week and game plan primarily to defeat our line.

On the flip side, I'm increasingly pleased with our DB's this year so lets hope the trend changes. McGee was looking really good pr-injury and Gaines is coming on fast. But most of all Joyner I think is going to be a starter for us sooner than later. I like the way he brings it.

We should be able to get some batted balls at the line if they are getting it out quickly. C'mon guys, do something.

But yes, I'm with you on the secondary, they are better than expected.

Sgt. Ram

the present moment is all you will ever have
maybe they are just waiting for division games to destroy other teams, at least I can hope that until after Monday night,

Last edited:

rking4441

Rookie
Name
Richard
I think the D is starting to come around now. You guys do realize the Eagles only had ONE sustained drive where they scored a TD right?
One 80 yard drive and that was it. The other TD the Eagles O scored was the Stacy fumble that was returned to the 24 yard line. Our D played well and if we have one less mistake that game would have been a victory. Just like in years past our D has taken time to really gel. I think we are about to see this D break out and not a week too soon!

Elmgrovegnome

Legend
Based on past posts I would say that many seem to think that Fishers D was not much different than Williams defense is. I think that from what I have seen from Bowens report that it is much more complex and the team doesn't quite have it down yet. They are still learning it.

The Rammer

ESPN Draft Guru
Name
Rick
I'm sorry but the D was trash against Dallas and Minn. I'm tired of half ass outputs our D. Hopefully, we turn our past biggest strength into a strength again to match what our O is doing.

Oldgeek

I'm old and can't wait another 20 years for a SB W
Name
Steve
Almost Halloween, so maybe that's Walton in a Greg Williams mask standing on the sidelines?

Warner4Prez

Hall of Fame
Name
Benny
I believe PFF and/or Football Outsiders keep tabs on pressures, hurries and hits.

classicpony

Starter
Name
Jim
Who ya going to blame when a DEFENSE can NOT hold an OFFENSE to under 30 points?

fearsomefour

Legend
Foles got lucky on several throws for sure. That is garbage QB play in my opinion. I didnt see any PI that were bad calls really, just lucky nonsense QB play. The D did play well enough to win for sure. Bodes well for the rest of the season if the D can get on the same page.
If the Whiners dumb OC ever realizes his team needs to run the ball 40 times a game they will be very tough. The longer they try to make themselves a pass first team they will struggle. Still, in the trenches, this will be a real test for the Rams.

fearsomefour

Legend
Based on past posts I would say that many seem to think that Fishers D was not much different than Williams defense is. I think that from what I have seen from Bowens report that it is much more complex and the team doesn't quite have it down yet. They are still learning it.
Right.
His D (like all I suppose....except the Eagles) is much more effective when playing with leads....something he had the benefit of doing in NO. We will see. I think the D will come together and be on the same page execution wise just long enough to be impressive the last third of a 6-10 season....second verse same as the first.

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
Philadelphia's total points yesterday masked a somewhat improved defensive performance. Holding the Eagles to 20 points at home is nothing to be ashamed of, and they did get the late stop that got the Rams the ball back and a chance at a final drive to win the game.

But still, there is a lot of room for more improvement. As Dog said above, it's time for us to be elite, and I think we have the talent for that.

if I remember correctly philly the week before was shut out on of all their scores came on st and df so i'm not sure holding them to 20 is so good.