Greg Williams

• To unlock all of features of Rams On Demand please take a brief moment to register. Registering is not only quick and easy, it also allows you access to additional features such as live chat, private messaging, and a host of other apps exclusive to Rams On Demand.

LACHAMP46

A snazzy title
Something about this defense....seems they should be doing more...More sacks, more TO (forced), better tackling. Their run defense gives up too many YPC. We haven't held a team below 100 yards in any game. As the coordinator, is he choosing the starters? Is he rotating the DL? I still don't know why McLeod is starting, he's been blowing coverages & missing tackles since he's moved into the starter role and the amount of balls Foles threw up for grabs, and we only get 1 int? He's an UDFA, what do you expect. Ogletree, Laurinitis, Dunbar all take bad reads & fail to fill their gaps. They all have trouble shedding blocks. 3rd down %%%% oh my....When we get 3 straight # and outs will be a first. We did look better against Philly....You know what, I think a DC should be able to fix all of this...JMO

thirteen28

I like pizza.
Rams On Demand Sponsor
Name
Erik
if I remember correctly philly the week before was shut out on of all their scores came on st and df so i'm not sure holding them to 20 is so good.

Well it was a home game for them and they had a week to fix some of the things that went wrong at SF ... and one of their offensive scores was a short field due to Stacy's fumble. Not saying it was a great defensive performance, but it wasn't horrible and it wasn't as bad as the score made it look, considering they had 14 points of D/ST.

dieterbrock

Rams On Demand Sponsor
Rams On Demand Sponsor
How many points did the Eagle offense score? I think it was 20 so you're happy ,right?
And giving the Eagles the ball on the 24 was a guaranteed 3 points, D gave up the rest. Basically the D gave up 17

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
Foles got lucky on several throws for sure. That is garbage QB play in my opinion. I didnt see any PI that were bad calls really, just lucky nonsense QB play. The D did play well enough to win for sure. Bodes well for the rest of the season if the D can get on the same page.
If the Whiners dumb OC ever realizes his team needs to run the ball 40 times a game they will be very tough. The longer they try to make themselves a pass first team they will struggle. Still, in the trenches, this will be a real test for the Rams.
I think it is bogus when the QB throws a ball up for grabs and the receiver initiates contact either trying to get back to the ball or heading straight at the DB. If the DB is maintaining position it should be on the receiver - especially when the QB is simply getting rid of the ball to avoid a sack. Those balls were nowhere near the receiver that got the call.

…..

Legend
There has been noticeable improvement on the defense from week to week. No we are not great at stopping the run. But we have been able to keep AP and McCoy to under 100. Except for a few good runs, we also bottled up Demarco Murray. So while we arent great, we HAVE been doing enough to win, imo. The pass defense is a bit of a surprise and I've been proud of the job we're doing considering the inexperience. I notice our corners are playing up on the LOS alot more than the past few years.

Hopefully we will get more effective at our blitzes, both in playcalling and execution.

fearsomefour

Legend
I think it is bogus when the QB throws a ball up for grabs and the receiver initiates contact either trying to get back to the ball or heading straight at the DB. If the DB is maintaining position it should be on the receiver - especially when the QB is simply getting rid of the ball to avoid a sack. Those balls were nowhere near the receiver that got the call.
I don't disagree with you, but, it's how the rule is written.

blue4

Hall of Fame
Name
blue4
124 attempts for 610yrds. 4.9 per carry for 152 per game.

That's bad. Why does it matter if we contained the marquee backs when we didn't contain the rest of the team? Who cares if AP or Patterson did the damage, point is the damage was done. Passing wise, we can only cry holding on Quinn so much. It's true that it's happening double digit times a game but where's the rest of the team? There are 4 1st rounders just on the DL. We're blitzing at a league leading pace. They can't be holding everybody. Other teams are game planning well against us, but it's Williams job to win those strategy battles. Hopefully we continue our slow improvement, but I don't see how this D can be considered to be good by any means. I have to believe that they will become the top 10 defense they have the potential to be soon. I may seem to be overly hard on them, but really the talent level on this team combined with QB play we haven't seen in awhile we should not be 1-3.

This 49ers game I think we can get back to Ram defense.

iamme33

Pro Bowler
Name
dan
Well it was a home game for them and they had a week to fix some of the things that went wrong at SF ... and one of their offensive scores was a short field due to Stacy's fumble. Not saying it was a great defensive performance, but it wasn't horrible and it wasn't as bad as the score made it look, considering they had 14 points of D/ST.

I agree it wasn't horrible but I don't think philly is as good as most think they are. as far as them having a week to fix what went wrong at sf we had 2 weeks to prepair for their fixs.

RamFan503

Grill and Brew Master
Name
Stu
I don't disagree with you, but, it's how the rule is written.

But I actually don't think it is. I haven't read it in years but I think there is wording about initiating contact and allowing the defender to hold his established path or position. Of course with the NFL wanting more scoring, there could be either some interpretation or wording changes. I don't know. But we all know refs are allowed to interpret. Those plays IMO were obvious that the QB was simply avoiding a sack and you just CAN'T bail him out with those calls.

fearsomefour

Legend
But I actually don't think it is. I haven't read it in years but I think there is wording about initiating contact and allowing the defender to hold his established path or position. Of course with the NFL wanting more scoring, there could be either some interpretation or wording changes. I don't know. But we all know refs are allowed to interpret. Those plays IMO were obvious that the QB was simply avoiding a sack and you just CAN'T bail him out with those calls.
Well, the defender is allowed his position, but, also cannot impede a receivers progress....so the rule contradicts itself. If the WR stops running or reverses into the DB there really should not be a foul but it probably get called....especially now.